App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
And thats exactly why we all share timelines, so everyone get patient, seeing that others in the same boat, nothing crazy. I am Oct 1 applicant and just got it, so it's al good!
the feeling of losing a potential job that could support your own and your family is horrible. You are Oct 1, but at least you got the approval for owp a week ago while others who applied on the same day as yours or a few days after you haven’t got any news yet. We all are looking for timeline sharing and also understanding.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Guys, it's a little unfair to put job offer problems on CIC, they are processing everything in the processing times mentioned on the website, and this timelines have been improved significantly in last 5 years, before people would wait for years to sponsor. Moreover, there was NO OWP for sponsored people couple years ago, it's a PILOT project and everyone is getting it in 4 month as promised.

So please make your plans accordingly and be thankful for all these improvements and new programs by CIC.

(https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1090711262730903552)

Last edited:

blueming

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
By the way, how the check the process days on CIC website. There are only work permit, work permit extension and work permit with new employer. Which one should we belong to?

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Guys, it's a little unfair to put job offer problems on CIC, they are processing everything in the processing times mentioned on the website, and this timelines have been improved significantly in last 5 years, before people would wait for years to sponsor. Moreover, there was NO OWP for sponsored people couple years ago, it's a PILOT project and everyone is getting it in 4 month as promised.

So please make your plans accordingly and be thankful for all these improvements and new programs by CIC.

I am sorry I do not believe its fair for anyone to wait for 4 months before they issued with a temporary owp for inland application, especially for those with an existing temporary permits (like Student, Visitors, TVP, WP) not yet expired. I can understand and appreciate the high volume or numbers of application IRCC received, but to say you have to wait 4 months and in the course of waiting, many people loss job offers, more pressure is been heaped on families and spouses of those not working. Under a more reasonable grounds, it should be automatic immediately you get the Acknowledgement of Receipt which is always on or before six weeks after the date of receipt. The work permits allows applicant to start working and contributing to the economy right away and that would reduce the pressure on families, spouses and even the IRCC themselves.

I read about the pilot and I am a little bit confused, does that mean they would stop it by 2020 or what exactly IRCC trying to say here?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I am sorry I do not believe its fair for anyone to wait for 4 months before they issued with a temporary owp for inland application, especially for those with an existing temporary permits (like Student, Visitors, TVP, WP) not yet expired. I can understand and appreciate the high volume or numbers of application IRCC received, but to say you have to wait 4 months and in the course of waiting, many people loss job offers, more pressure is been heaped on families and spouses of those not working. Under a more reasonable grounds, it should be automatic immediately you get the Acknowledgement of Receipt which is always on or before six weeks after the date of receipt. The work permits allows applicant to start working and contributing to the economy right away and that would reduce the pressure on families, spouses and even the IRCC themselves.

I read about the pilot and I am a little bit confused, does that mean they would stop it by 2020 or what exactly IRCC trying to say here?
I agree, I do not understand why it is unfair of us to stress over something so important, especially in this economical climate. Shame on us for trying to survive, I guess!

They have extended the program through summer 2020, hopefully they will extend it thereafter!

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018

If they keep it usual as 3 months processing time which we all knew about a few months ago then yeah it will be unfair to put it on them. But then they extend it to 4-5 months, someone who applied in July 2018 still hasn’t got it! Then is it fair for them to wait that long and god knows when its coming??? So how do we even plan? When I applied for owp, I was told on CIC website that it takes 3 months, and then 4 months, now it could even be 5 months, so when should I even start looking for a job? This is definitely not fair for those who has low income partner because it’s stressful for not only the applicant but also the sponsor person.

You shared your good news, thank you and congrats! But for this being unfair or not, no thanks on your opinions because this whole process is already frustrating and emotionally hard, we don’t need anyone to let us know where to put our expectations.

Fact is that people who applied before this pilot program did get a chance for their owp, but only at aip stage. So yeah it was harder for them.

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Wow I just saw that it has now changed to 4-5 months. How long has it been like that? Does that apply only to those who are currently applying, or can those who applied when it was still 3-4 months still expect that roughly to be the waiting time?
They didn’t say specifically who would be affected by this processing time, so I guess anyone who hasn’t received owp can be subjected to this wait time.

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Does anyone know how I can check the status of my OWP by phone? The only information I got last night by phone was everything but the work permit, and when I chose the option for study/visitor/work visas, they needed an app# that starts with S/V/W(?) - my PR app starts with F. Is the work permit app# the same as the PR one, but starts with W?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, thank you for any help!
Hi! Someone here posted ways to check OWP app. Status by phone and i’ve been checking my status everyday.
Call 1-888-242-2100 then press 1-1-1-3 and follow the instruction. You’ll be needing your application number and year of birth.

If you don’t have application number call the same number and press 2-1-0-0 to connect to an agent.
I hope that helps.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hi! Someone here posted ways to check OWP app. Status by phone and i’ve been checking my status everyday.
Call 1-888-242-2100 then press 1-1-1-3 and follow the instruction. You’ll be needing your application number and year of birth.

If you don’t have application number call the same number and press 2-1-0-0 to connect to an agent.
I hope that helps.
Oh my gosh, this is exactly what I needed, thank you so very much! You're right, I don't have access to the app#, this is perfect :)

Reactions: Ashie

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
By the way I don't get it how it affects people that are on implied status, if you already had a Work Permit. You can apply and get a job on implied status. (I did it multiple times)

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
By the way I don't get it how it affects people that are on implied status, if you already had a Work Permit. You can apply and get a job on implied status. (I did it multiple times)
I for one was on an IEC, which doesn't allow people to continue working on implied status :\