BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
why my BGC still not start yet lol
Me neither! I keep logging into Ecas so I don't have to bug my partner to check GCKey (I think the whole thing stresses him out).

Our time will come :) I just keep telling myself that as long as we are processed in the average time, I really shouldn't care when the various steps happen.

Reactions: baimmeb

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Me neither! I keep logging into Ecas so I don't have to bug my partner to check GCKey (I think the whole thing stresses him out).

Our time will come :) I just keep telling myself that as long as we are processed in the average time, I really shouldn't care when the various steps happen.
I've never really used Ecas. Any time I try and check my application on there it just takes me to GCKey. Unless I'm being dumb :p Would they say different things if they are different means of checking applications?

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
My understanding (could be wrong!) is that Ecas is usually used by the sponsor, and GCKey by the applicant. As the sponsor, I have my own account there but I don't have a GCKey one. Maybe it's taking you the GCKey because you have an account with them? I log in with our application number and then my own name/birth date info. It doesn't show me the work permit application, but does show stuff like "We sent [principal applicant] mail on XYZ date" or "medical results have been received."

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
My understanding (could be wrong!) is that Ecas is usually used by the sponsor, and GCKey by the applicant. As the sponsor, I have my own account there but I don't have a GCKey one. Maybe it's taking you the GCKey because you have an account with them? I log in with our application number and then my own name/birth date info. It doesn't show me the work permit application, but does show stuff like "We sent [principal applicant] mail on XYZ date" or "medical results have been received."

Oh okay that's probably why. I am the applicant. I do have a GCKey account and it seems easier to log in to in all honesty. Just a security question and a few boxes to click on. Really hoping it shows something soon. Getting really nervous now. :\

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Oh okay that's probably why. I am the applicant. I do have a GCKey account and it seems easier to log in to in all honesty. Just a security question and a few boxes to click on. Really hoping it shows something soon. Getting really nervous now. :\
I'm getting nervous too! We have a similar timeline, so I guess maybe that's a good thing. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Yes very similar timeline indeed! Be interested if there are any more applicants from the first week of October who haven't received any news on their OWPs yet.
I am Oct 1, didn't receive yet. Just got the medical last week.

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
September 6 sent
App delivered September 11
App received October 15
Application process October 31
AOR Nov 1
MR December 21
Medical Passed January 11
BGC January 25
Hopefully get AIP in 3-4months.