Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Application sent: September 27
Application linked: Oct 3
AOR: Oct 18
MR request: Nov 29
MR passed: Jan 25 (I was out of the country and requested for an extension of time to complete MR)
PA eligibility passed: Feb 27
SA Decision Made: Feb 27
AIP: Feb 28
Invitation for PR Final Interview: sent on March 1 (Interview date was March 26. I rescheduled to March 21 because my wife will be out of town on March 26).

Good luck to every one.
Congrats!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Congrats!!

What are all the abbreviations after MR, though?
PA (principle applicant?), SA, AIP?

I wish there was a glossary for all the short forms...
Hope this helps:

AOR: Acknowledgment of Receipt (email saying they have your app)
MR: Medical Request (comes at different times for each person, no effect on timeline)
SA: Sponsor Approval (comes early for Outland and towards the end for Inland)
AIP: Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Inland Applicant)
DM: Decision Made
OWP: Open Work Permit
CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec (Only for those who will reside in Québec)
eCAS: E-Client Application Status
PPR: Passport Request (for outland apps only)
MP: Member of Parliament
VO: Visa office
TRV: Temporary Resident Visa, also known as Visitor Visa (for visitors from visa-non-exempt countries)
eTA: Electronic Travel Authorization. It is not a Visa and does not give status. It's for those from Visa Exempt countries who are flying to Canada.
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (document you receive when you become a PR)
LANDING INTERVIEW: The interview when you get your Permanent Residency.
UCI: Unique Client Identifier (this number never changes. Stays with you from first contact with IRCC)
PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES LETTER: letter showing services available to help you settle in Canada. Has no bearing on your timeline.

Lemme know if you have any other abbreviations need explaining.

Last edited:

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hope this helps:

MR: Medical Request (comes at different times for each person, no effect on timeline)
CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec (Only for those who will reside in Québec)
TRV: Temporary Resident Visa, also known as Visitor Visa (for visitors from visa-non-exempt countries)
eTA: Electronic Travel Authorization. It is not a Visa and does not give status. It's for those from Visa Exempt countries who are flying to Canada.
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (document you receive when you become a PR)
UCI: Unique Client Identifier (this number never changes. Stays with you from first contact with IRCC)
PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES LETTER: letter showing services available to help you settle in Canada. Has no bearing on your timeline.

Forgot one more abbreviation that comes up often and confuses people a lot:

IVR: Interactive Voice Response system. The selection you go through and responses you hear when you dial the CIC/IRCC 1-888 Call Centre number.

Last edited:

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
Hope this helps:

Amazing, thank you!!

Reactions: barsarah

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hello all,

I need your suggestion we really have to go to back home, my wife is permanent resident & I am under inland sponsership I have valid open work permit & multiple TRV. But we are not sure if I can leave country until my file is in process ?? Please if any one have similar experience. I have Indian passport

Feb 7, 2019
Hello all,

I need your suggestion we really have to go to back home, my wife is permanent resident & I am under inland sponsership I have valid open work permit & multiple TRV. But we are not sure if I can leave country until my file is in process ?? Please if any one have similar experience. I have Indian passport
Without citizenship or PR, there is always a risk of the border officer refusing entry, even if having multiple entry TRV and a valid open work permit. So, it is advised that you do not leave before receiving PR if you're an inland applicant. However, I know multiple examples of others who have left Canada and returned without any issues. It all depends on your answer to the question: Even if its a small risk, would you take it?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Without citizenship or PR, there is always a risk of the border officer refusing entry, even if having multiple entry TRV and a valid open work permit. So, it is advised that you do not leave before receiving PR if you're an inland applicant. However, I know multiple examples of others who have left Canada and returned without any issues. It all depends on your answer to the question: Even if its a small risk, would you take it?
This is all true. However, it must be stressed that given what taj1234's has said, it seems as though the risk would very low for him. I'd say he can go ahead and travel, just make sure the trip is a short one and that he bring appropriate proofs for re-entry (travel docs, OWP, receipt of PR app, etc.).

lilzergling

Oct 13, 2018
Toronto ON
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone.

Can someone explain the acronyms to me? What does AOR stand for? I am sponsoring my common-law partner from the USA - Inland.

Timeline:

1: Received package October 16, 2018

2: Medical request was sent out December 25, 2019

3: Medicals were received I believe sometime in January/February 2019

Does anyone know how long it would take from this point? I understand processing times are estimated at least 12 months... But what about work permits and Provincial Health Benefits?

Thank you!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello Everyone.

Can someone explain the acronyms to me? What does AOR stand for? I am sponsoring my common-law partner from the USA - Inland.

Timeline:

1: Received package October 16, 2018

2: Medical request was sent out December 25, 2019

3: Medicals were received I believe sometime in January/February 2019

Does anyone know how long it would take from this point? I understand processing times are estimated at least 12 months... But what about work permits and Provincial Health Benefits?

Thank you!
PR processing time is around 12 months.
Work Permit is at 4 months (last I checked) if you send it in with the PR app.
I'm not 100% certain about Healthcare Coverage and don't want to provide wrong information. Something about having to wait 3 months to be eligible.

lilzergling

Oct 13, 2018
Toronto ON
Category........
FAM
PR processing time is around 12 months.
Work Permit is at 4 months (last I checked) if you send it in with the PR app.
I'm not 100% certain about Healthcare Coverage and don't want to provide wrong information. Something about having to wait 3 months to be eligible.
Thank you for the response - Four months from receiving the application? We sent the work-permit application along with the PR application. No info regarding the permit at this time, package was received October 16, 2018.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for the response - Four months from receiving the application? We sent the work-permit application along with the PR application. No info regarding the permit at this time, package was received October 16, 2018.
I would call them. A lot of October applicants have received their OWPs back in February. I don't want to scare you with this information, every application will be different, but I would definitely either call them or check the status of it online. Our application was received Oct 26, and our OWP was approved Feb 5.

lilzergling

Oct 13, 2018
Toronto ON
Category........
FAM
I would call them. A lot of October applicants have received their OWPs back in February. I don't want to scare you with this information, every application will be different, but I would definitely either call them or check the status of it online. Our application was received Oct 26, and our OWP was approved Feb 5.
Thank you, I certainly will. He was out of status when applying so that may be why it is taking longer.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Thank you, I certainly will. He was out of status when applying so that may be why it is taking longer.
If he is out of status his OWP application will only start to be processed after he receives AIP. Don't bother call them for that, that is what they will tell you.