+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Do you guys know what happens when the reminder date passes? The call centre agent sent a reminder to my application officer about a month ago. Should I call the centre again or they will contact me? In other words, do I need to do anything at all regarding the reminder?

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Do you guys know what happens when the reminder date passes? The call centre agent sent a reminder to my application officer about a month ago. Should I call the centre again or they will contact me? In other words, do I need to do anything at all regarding the reminder?
Once 30 days pass, the call centre agent can send another reminder. Call them again and see if there's any update, and ask for a new reminder to be sent.

Reactions: Blackhole

OnyekaEje

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I had an ADR request on the 29th of May (Almost 8 months after AOR) IMM5406e and was given 7 days to submit.
Submitted on the 30th and CIC account confirmed receipt and that it was being reviewed.
Just called IRCC now and was told Eligibility passed, Security passed and Criminality passed.
I pray i can safely say PPR loading???

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Once 30 days pass, the call centre agent can send another reminder. Call them again and see if there's any update, and ask for a new reminder to be sent.
The question is what's the point to send a "reminder" if it doesn't make an officer perform some actions over the file? If after a month the only thing an agent can do is sending another reminder, who can name a single reason for an officers to pay attention to these annoying internal reminders? :)

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
The question is what's the point to send a "reminder" if it doesn't make an officer perform some actions over the file? If after a month the only thing an agent can do is sending another reminder, who can name a single reason for an officers to pay attention to these annoying internal reminders? :)
It sometimes works, and is certainly better than nothing.

Adityas22

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Not demotivating anyone!
I have realized that we sending CSEs, calling the offices, sending reminders won't have any impact.
File will be touched when it has to be!

Reactions: apurvchaudhary

char28

Aug 24, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Med's Done....
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-10-2019
Spoke to an agent and realised that “eligibility met” needs to be changed as “passed” by reviewing officer, until which the eligibility is not complete.

The agent also said that they have already sent an email to visa office and the next one could be sent only after 3 months, which is quite unusual.

Oct 25 aor and still eligibility in review due to eligibility met and not yet passed.

Background check has not started yet. There is no timeline by when the application would be cleared, as it has crossed the usual 6 months timeline.

Gcms notes had no red flags and the last notes were dated dec 2018. Upon raising the gap, it was clarified that no notes does not mean no action in the background.

Officer might still review without any mention of notes.

Don’t know, how long this can go on like this?

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Spoke to an agent and realised that “eligibility met” needs to be changed as “passed” by reviewing officer, until which the eligibility is not complete.

The agent also said that they have already sent an email to visa office and the next one could be sent only after 3 months, which is quite unusual.

Oct 25 aor and still eligibility in review due to eligibility met and not yet passed.

Background check has not started yet. There is no timeline by when the application would be cleared, as it has crossed the usual 6 months timeline.

Gcms notes had no red flags and the last notes were dated dec 2018. Upon raising the gap, it was clarified that no notes does not mean no action in the background.

The unfortunate reality is that such a situation can go on as long as the agent wants. The only comfort is that the agents do want to get old cases off their list eventually, and although some people's applications can take crazy amounts of time (like 18 months or more), it is extremely unlikely that we will be in that situation, even accounting for the fact we are all still waiting at ~8 months. Statistics suggest about 75% of us who are still waiting at 8 months will have PPR by 10 months.

char28

Aug 24, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Med's Done....
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-10-2019
The unfortunate reality is that such a situation can go on as long as the agent wants. The only comfort is that the agents do want to get old cases off their list eventually, and although some people's applications can take crazy amounts of time (like 18 months or more), it is extremely unlikely that we will be in that situation, even accounting for the fact we are all still waiting at ~8 months. Statistics suggest about 75% of us who are still waiting at 8 months will have PPR by 10 months.
Hope this wait should end soon for all of us. I have a notice period of 3 months and not sure of how to proceed further. Luckily, I did not resign by Feb as initially planned, with an hope of getting ppr in 4 months.

Punjab94

Apr 12, 2019

Same timeline dude stuck with same met thing 25oct aor

Reactions: Adityas22