+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How long does it take for Australian PR? Is the process similar to Express Entry for Canada?
The process is a little different. Once you enter the pool, they will invite you based on the score you achieved.

Suppose you made 75+, then the invitation be immediate, 70 then a month, 65 might take a while.

After invitation it is 6-12 months.

New Zealand also follows the exact same system, however, processing times is 6-9 months there I believe.

Unlike Canadian PR holders who cannot live or work in USA. The biggest benefit of Australian PR is that you can travel, live or work in New Zealand without a Visa. You can also claim benefits of New Zealand using your Australian PR while living there.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
When I began this PR process. The agent asked for Rs. 75,000/-

I then came across this forum and I saved all the money. Not only that, I have learnt so much from these forums, in return I have been helping onthers on the same boat to go through the process without the help of an agent. Some agents have asked over Rs. 1,00,000/-.

The agents basically don't do anything. You collect and the documents and hand it to the agent and they upload documents for you and put their contact information instead of yours. And for this you pay them Rs. 1,00,000/- :confused:
@SithLord You seem to be very active on this forum, do you have any idea how long eligibility under review takes? Since Ip2 on 2nd march, my status is same. I have seen most of September applicants that are still stuck have eligibility under review and security not started.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
@SithLord You seem to be very active on this forum, do you have any idea how long eligibility under review takes? Since Ip2 on 2nd march, my status is same. I have seen most of September applicants that are still stuck have eligibility under review and security not started.
If you're under eligibility review, it may take a very long time. Might be even a year. Its pretty complicated depends on case by case basis

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Okay thanks. Feel like I’ll have a long wait.
Have you ordered GCMS notes to see why review is required?

You could try and get it processed faster by correcting it through raising webform and sending proper documents to update your profile.

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Just called CIC and came to know that my background check is completed. What can be the next thing in process ? I asked if my application is approved but she adviced me to keep an eye on my account and wait for any mail or updates.
Can someone explain me regarding this?

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
The process is a little different. Once you enter the pool, they will invite you based on the score you achieved.

Suppose you made 75+, then the invitation be immediate, 70 then a month, 65 might take a while.

After invitation it is 6-12 months.

New Zealand also follows the exact same system, however, processing times is 6-9 months there I believe.

Unlike Canadian PR holders who cannot live or work in USA. The biggest benefit of Australian PR is that you can travel, live or work in New Zealand without a Visa. You can also claim benefits of New Zealand using your Australian PR while living there.
Thank you for the info. Good to know about Australian PR. Do you also know anything about European PR? :p

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Have you ordered GCMS notes to see why review is required?

You could try and get it processed faster by correcting it through raising webform and sending proper documents to update your profile.
Yes I applied for gcms just today. Guess I’ll have to wait for a month for notesas well. Nothing I can do in the mean time.

Reactions: Anishcool

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes I applied for gcms just today. Guess I’ll have to wait for a month for notesas well. Nothing I can do in the mean time.
That is the biggest drawback of GCMS. Unless you're living in Canada, it only arrives after 30 days and by then it is already outdated