+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
So criminality is passed too?

If so, you're actually looking very good
What are the checks which are performed after the completion of BG check? Just wanted to know so that next time I call CIC, i can ask them some more specific questions. Since today was my first call, I didn't know what to ask and I just remembered about security or criminality and asked her about the same and I was told it was passed.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
That is the biggest drawback of GCMS. Unless you're living in Canada, it only arrives after 30 days and by then it is already outdated
Even for those living in Canada it takes about a month only. On my Study visa refusal, my sister applied on my behalf and took a month then as well. But didn’t want to bother them now, so applied through getgcms.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thank you for the info. Good to know about Australian PR. Do you also know anything about European PR? :p
Unfortunately, none of the European countries have a PR system like Australia, Canada and New Zealand. They offer a scheme called'Investment based Residency'. That is you invest hefty amounts into the country like half a million etc and they will provide you with citizenship/PR.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Unfortunately, none of the European countries have a PR system like Australia, Canada and New Zealand. They offer a scheme called'Investment based Residency'. That is you invest hefty amounts into the country like half a million etc and they will provide you with citizenship/PR.
Oh! So, something similar to E5 visa in USA.

jamaicanwoman

Mar 11, 2019
I asked about security and I was told it is also completed and passed.
Could you answer this question for me please.

I'm still waiting on the golden email. How long does it normally take to get the mail after approval?

P.S. I called CIC on Tuesday and was told that my application was approved from March 4th.

Reactions: raja1028

SlimGrisson

Mar 12, 2019
Kigali
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
October 11 2018
If you're under eligibility review, it may take a very long time. Might be even a year. Its pretty complicated depends on case by case basis
Just saw this. ANY aspect under review will take months. Eligibility/BG Check/Security/Criminality. That's pretty much a given.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Just saw this. ANY aspect under review will take months. Eligibility/BG Check/Security/Criminality. That's pretty much a given.
There are some March AOR who are still waiting for movement since they went into Eligibility Review in October :)

So it's a pretty long and stressful wait

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I applied for gcms just today. Guess I’ll have to wait for a month for notesas well. Nothing I can do in the mean time.
I am thinking to order GCMS today too. By the way you are already in IP2 and you ordered GCMS. Anything you feel would be concerning to IRCC on the papers you submitted?