+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Admin plz add me to the whatsapp group Aor october 25th med passed November 24th still in ip2 @ +1 647 230 1004

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hi all,
I wanted to share some updates I got recently, thanks God.

Yesterday morning I talked with a nice agent. In my phone call I was informed by her that:
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medicals: Passed
Security: Not started
She said that everything looked fine.

I didn’t ask about VO.
PNP- outland (Ontario).
AOR is Oct 6 and our medicals were passed on Dec 12 (no addictional tests, I was only waiting during those 65 days). I wanted to mention this because as you may notice with my case, having medicals passed later (usually takes 30 days but to me it was little more than 2 months) doesn’t necessarily means that they are not reviewing other checks.

Regards,

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi all, I have an AOR of 13 Dec 2018, and wanted to ask a question regarding the documents I uploaded as a part of my application: I have been wondering whether I should have included a scan of my old passport, which was valid up to June 2010. I have a very extensive travel history as I used to live and work in the UK - in the ten years from Dec 2008 to Dec 2018, I had close to a hundred foreign trips to the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.

While I have included a scan of my current passport and all stamped pages in it, the old passport would show my travel history from Dec 2008 to June 2010 that is obviously not in the current passport. Should I go ahead and upload a copy of my old passport unprompted?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi all, I have an AOR of 13 Dec 2018, and wanted to ask a question regarding the documents I uploaded as a part of my application: I have been wondering whether I should have included a scan of my old passport, which was valid up to June 2010. I have a very extensive travel history as I used to live and work in the UK - in the ten years from Dec 2008 to Dec 2018, I had close to a hundred foreign trips to the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.

While I have included a scan of my current passport and all stamped pages in it, the old passport would show my travel history from Dec 2008 to June 2010 that is obviously not in the current passport. Should I go ahead and upload a copy of my old passport unprompted?
No not needed but you were required to mention all those trips in travel history; have you done that? If not then just wait for them to ask you schedule A. If they request that then mention all trips of last 10 years. Travel history is used by the system to generate PCC request and it is part of the background check. You don't need to submit old passport.

Good Luck!

Reactions: SumH12

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
No not needed but you were required to mention all those trips in travel history; have you done that? If not then just wait for them to ask you schedule A. If they request that then mention all trips of last 10 years. Travel history is used by the system to generate PCC request and it is part of the background check. You don't need to submit old passport.

Good Luck!
I have listed all the trips for the ten years prior to my AOR (including for the period Dec 2008 to Jun 2010), which were made during the validity of my old passport. I just didn't scan and upload the old passport and that's what I am worried about specifically.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
I have listed all the trips for the ten years prior to my AOR (including for the period Dec 2008 to Jun 2010), which were made during the validity of my old passport. I just didn't scan and upload the old passport and that's what I am worried about specifically.
You don’t need to submit old passport. I didn’t and my R10 check was completed without problem.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
My AoR is October 31st. My passport expires December 2019. Do I need to get a new passport or is this one ok? The thing is, if I continue to keep the current passport I will have to renew it from Canada (hopefully) but this is service is not offered by the Albanian embassy there. Conseguences are I will have to come back home for at least 3 weeks (that's what is takes to get a new passport). I don't even know if I will be allowed to travell with an expired passport
Any suggestion?
Thank you

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
My AoR is October 31st. My passport expires December 2019. Do I need to get a new passport or is this one ok? The thing is, if I continue to keep the current passport I will have to renew it from Canada (hopefully) but this is service is not offered by the Albanian embassy there. Conseguences are I will have to come back home for at least 3 weeks (that's what is takes to get a new passport). I don't even know if I will be allowed to travell with an expired passport
Any suggestion?
Thank you
All of this depends on when you intend to move to Canada. I think you should be able to wait for your COPR and then apply for a new passport before leaving Albania. Of course, double check with the Embassy of Albania in Ottawa - nothing better than being able to renew your passport while in Canada.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Any suggestion?
Thank you
I think that there is a very good chance that you can get PR before June 2019 (I am assuming you are already at IP1 or IP2 stage already). So let's assume your PR comes up in May 2019 (it can come earlier, but current processing times are really slow) so would that give you enough time to have your passport made and then travel to Canada? I think it sounds reasonable for you to wait in that case.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
What is still unclear to me is, time come for the passport request, they will ask for current passport (due to expire). From that point I will not be able to get a new one since the visa will be sticked on this (in case I apply for a new passport I have to turn in the old one)
Does it make more sense to renew it asap and report the change to CIC
Thank you for you advise

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
What is still unclear to me is, time come for the passport request, they will ask for current passport (due to expire). From that point I will not be able to get a new one since the visa will be sticked on this (in case I apply for a new passport I have to turn in the old one)
Does it make more sense to renew it asap and report the change to CIC
Thank you for you advise
Are those the rules for your country? That they keep the old passport with themselves and just hand over the new one to you? In my country you get to keep your old passport because many times there are valid visas on the old passport (like US multiple entry visa valid for 5 years) that you can't just apply for every time you have a passport change. So if somebody has visas for 50 countries on their old passport they will lose all of them? That sounds implausible. Are you sure those are the rules?

Reactions: marilsl