+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
okay what do you mean by ghost update and staying on gckey ?
I logged into my CIC account and it showed that "application/profile updated". But when I checked there was nothing. The Status was still the same and no new messages or any email. I logged in again after a few hours and the "updated" status was gone.

Reactions: Santacan

harshey

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
I logged into my CIC account and it showed that "application/profile updated". But when I checked there was nothing. The Status was still the same and no new messages or any email. I logged in again after a few hours and the "updated" status was gone.
I see! May i know your AOR date?

pr131985

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
Detroit
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2019
LANDED..........
15-06-2019
What did your RPRF letter say? Was eligibility completed?

NOv 2 AOR here and I am still waiting for RPRF request :( Today is 69 days since AOR :(
Nope it did not say that my eligibility check is complete.
It just said you need to pay the RPRF fees before 12/27/18 and upload the receipt.
Although at another line they said I need to upload the receipt within 7 days.
I got this request on 12/17/18 and 7 days from that day would be 12/24, so I wasn't sure if I had 10 days or 7 days.
I paid it on the same day. :D
If not, we will make a decision based on the documents we already have and the application could be refused. :eek:

Reactions: SithLord

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
can anyone tell me that if current status is we are processing your background check but eligibility says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement. what stage it is?

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Looks like they are processing files in batches and very mechanized way (looking at our dates).
My file is in the IP2 (background check) stage, I think yours should be there as well.
Now depending on how/when our background checks are done, we should hear from them in similar time frame.
Yes I hope all would get their PPR soon. But mine is still in IP1 since Nov 8th. :eek:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Nope it did not say that my eligibility check is complete.
It just said you need to pay the RPRF fees before 12/27/18 and upload the receipt.
Although at another line they said I need to upload the receipt within 7 days.
I got this request on 12/17/18 and 7 days from that day would be 12/24, so I wasn't sure if I had 10 days or 7 days.
I paid it on the same day. :D
If not, we will make a decision based on the documents we already have and the application could be refused. :eek:
Well I got in touch with CIC and they have asked me to pay the RPRF fees, although they didn't say if my eligibility was confirmed or not. All they said is I can pay and directed me how to pay for it :eek:

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Overall delay due to higher number of applications and previous backlogs. Not in particular with your case, most of applicants who crossed more than 120 days are still awaiting for any progress in their case.
Oh ok. So I’ll wait for 120 days to pass then. Hopefully some backlog may have been cleared up. Guess coz of the Xmas holidays there is more work.

Reactions: char28

Naruto_Uzumaki

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thanks @Nishita.Kulkarni. Spoke to an agent last night.

Updates from the agent on my file:
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Yet to start
Security: Yet to start

Post by @Nishita.Kulkarni:
Yesterday I managed to speak with an agent and was told my criminality check was in progress!
I managed this feat after calling CIC for past full week at different times and numbers and methods.

How you ask?
1. Install Hangout Dialer (yes, its free! no need for paying a paisa!) plus you need a cup of coffee!
2. Pick a good time of the night. I managed to get a call through at 10.30 PM Indian Std. Time (12 noon in Ottawa)
3. I dialed +1 613-944-4000. (Yes, with that small '+')
4. I followed the instruction as it is. The options are pretty logical.
5. First I took all the options till the automated voice read out my current status which is already visible in my status page.
6. After this got over, they asked if I want to speak with an agent! '... please press zero, if you want to talk to our agent...'
7. YES!
8. They told me a few times that the volume of calls was huge.
9. Repeated steps 3 to 8 till I was put in a queue!
10. Sipped on the coffee because I was in good 38 min long queue! with some airplane like music playing. This is why you have coffee!
11. Viola! A human voice (with French accent though) very kindly asked me my Reg num, Client num, DOB and last name.
12. Fell asleep, even after drinking coffee, with peace of mind and smile on my face!!