+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Th3.Bat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Same scenario! Aor October 2nd. Eligibility met since Nov and file hasn't been touched ever since.
OcT 24 AOR

I was in same situation, my eligibility was met in February and nothing else happened after that. On 11th May I ordered GCMS notes and after that I called CIC and my eligibility was passed. So ordering GCMS will get the agents to open your file. You should order your notes Asap.

Naruto_Uzumaki

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
@Naruto_Uzumaki any updates on your application. We seem to have similar timelines.
No updates. Eligibility Met in Nov 2018. Officer didn’t pick my file since then. If the officer picks it up and marks it as Eligibility Passed then the rest of the process will begin. Never thought this would take so long. While filing my application I thought it would be approved in some 90 days. Later on, those 90 became 180 and the 180 became 230 but the file is still untouched.

Reactions: lm1010

Mara_Vlasenko

Apr 17, 2019
OcT 24 AOR

I was in same situation, my eligibility was met in February and nothing else happened after that. On 11th May I ordered GCMS notes and after that I called CIC and my eligibility was passed. So ordering GCMS will get the agents to open your file. You should order your notes Asap.
Unfortunately, your experience with ordering GCMS and further progress of your case could be just a coincidence. My file hasn't been touched since December, eligibility met in December too. I ordered GCMS in the end of March, called to the CIC many times, then ordered a second set of the notes one week ago and call to the CIC after this as well, but nothing has changed=(

Last edited:

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
Guys....just saw 15 PPR released for November batch from New Delhi Visa office...and couple of October guys are still hanging....anyone here who's visa office is ndvo and October aor?

Reactions: SithLord

OnyekaEje

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hello Guys,
Has anyone heard anything of late with Ottawa Visa Office? I remember when the Accra Visa Office was taking time and now they are moving pretty fast. I don't know if a petition was raised against them but I am appalled to see that Ottawa Visa Offices are taking up to 9 months for normal average processing. No ADR for people almost reaching 8 months of waiting.

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
OcT 24 AOR

I have already but still no movement.

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
No updates. Eligibility Met in Nov 2018. Officer didn’t pick my file since then. If the officer picks it up and marks it as Eligibility Passed then the rest of the process will begin. Never thought this would take so long. While filing my application I thought it would be approved in some 90 days. Later on, those 90 became 180 and the 180 became 230 but the file is still untouched.
So depressing, isn't it?!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Most likely yes. If I remember it correctly, they start BG checks, and security is a part of them) when eligibility is passed. More experienced guys will correct me if I'm wrong :)
That is correct. Once eligibility is recommended pass/passed then background checks begin

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
No Idea as when we are going to get lucky. Need a miracle for October AOR personnel. This week is again too small as it's a holiday in Maple Country today. :( :(

Reactions: SithLord

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Unfortunately, your experience with ordering GCMS and further progress of your case could be just a coincidence. My file hasn't been touched since December, eligibility met in December too. I ordered GCMS in the end of March, called to the CIC many times, then ordered a second set of the notes one week ago and call to the CIC after this as well, but nothing has changed=(
Don't lose patience friends, see the positive side that the eligibility has started/met. Many people are just sitting from last 3 months waiting for BIL.

Mara_Vlasenko

Apr 17, 2019
Don't lose patience friends, see the positive side that the eligibility has started/met. Many people are just sitting from last 3 months waiting for BIL.
Thank you, I'm ok about everything and trying not to lose my patience, just emphasized that it seems not to be a real correlation between ordering GCMS and processing time in many cases, I might be wrong

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you, I'm ok about everything and trying not to lose my patience, just emphasized that it seems not to be a real correlation between ordering GCMS and processing time in many cases, I might be wrong
You are right, these two things has no relation, its just that few people order the notes and find a movement, it is felt that the application moves because the immigration officer has to enter notes before releasing the GCMS notes so they might look into the application again. This is a myth but again as i said someone who saw no movement in the application for 4 months and after ordering notes the application moved, they would consider the relation.