+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

akayalto1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
Received AOR today and I linked my application using the following combination (on the 6th try! Used two accounts after maximum tries exceeded):

Application Number & UCI - former the number starting with Fin AOR, latter from earlier visa
Skipped place of birth & country
Entered Passport Details
Entered province and city that we'd indicated we were going to live in.
Marital Status - Married
Number of family members, including primary applicant, that are part of this application* - 2 (Sponsor and me)

All the above information to be entered is of the PA's, if there's any confusion. Hope this helps. Good luck.

*My AOR pdf mentioned the number of family members explicitly. Not sure if this has always been the case (in which case, I don't understand the confusion amongst past forum members), but in case you have additional family members, consult AOR pdf sent to you to get the correct answer.
Did just this and it worked. I think before it hadn't been entered into the system yet. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: canadaVisa10

drewssp

Dec 3, 2017
I received a police check request recently and I am disappointed by the fact that they do not state specifically what countries they want the police check from. Does anybody know the best way to get this information? Keep in mind, I'm outside of Canada and therefore unable to call CIC since they seem to block international and skype calls or anything like that.

I would also like to ask about the health check. The PA yesterday went and got her medical check and followed the instructions on the medical request letter. My question now is where will I first see any sign that the medical check was submitted by the physician?

Thank you! As usual, you are all a great help.

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I received a police check request recently and I am disappointed by the fact that they do not state specifically what countries they want the police check from. Does anybody know the best way to get this information? Keep in mind, I'm outside of Canada and therefore unable to call CIC since they seem to block international and skype calls or anything like that.

I would also like to ask about the health check. The PA yesterday went and got her medical check and followed the instructions on the medical request letter. My question now is where will I first see any sign that the medical check was submitted by the physician?

Thank you! As usual, you are all a great help.
If you stayed for the country for 6 months or more then you have to get a police certificate in that country. You can see it in ECAS "medical passed".

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hey well-wishers, they finally sent our application to visa office and asked for provincial approval. :) Still now it is going smoothly!

Didn't ask for PCC yet. Is there a possibility to ask for PCC from VO? I already collected my two required PCC from two different countries and spent some bucks! :cool:

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
can someone tell me is it better to fill in the schedule A form online and submitted through my GCkey account for faster processing or is it faster if done by mail?

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
I haven’t sent it in yet,but I would assume online is faster. Why wait for the post to be mailed when you can upload it and they can have access to it in seconds. Also to your first post, does your schedule A request come in the same place that your medical did? Did you receive an email or just a message in gckey
Thanks dear.
No the medical came in my GCkey account, they sent me an email first saying you have a message to be read in your account then i checked and i found a message with a pdf file to make medical exam.
next day i received email saying that i was found eligible as a sponsor and in same email they asked me to complete Schedule A for PA.

just a silly question, how can i upload Schedule A in my account, i was trying to search for a button that says upload Schedule A, but it seems that there is nothing like that i found to use to upload any documents?!

can someone please help!

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Thanks dear.
No the medical came in my GCkey account, they sent me an email first saying you have a message to be read in your account then i checked and i found a message with a pdf file to make medical exam.
next day i received email saying that i was found eligible as a sponsor and in same email they asked me to complete Schedule A for PA.

just a silly question, how can i upload Schedule A in my account, i was trying to search for a button that says upload Schedule A, but it seems that there is nothing like that i found to use to upload any documents?!

can someone please help!
In your GCkey, click "check status and messages" then you are on "Application/profile detail" page, right? Do you see "view submitted application" button? It is on bottom left hand just above CIC's contact information etc. When you click that, there will be the page to let you upload. I have already uploaded mine, so the wording may not be the same, but the button should be on the same spot ;)

Reactions: sarahelkholy

canada 1989

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
List of Embassy Holidays

Holidays 2018

Monday, January 1st

Monday, April 2nd

Tuesday, May 1st

Tuesday, May 8th

Monday, May 21st

Monday, July 2nd

Monday, September 3rd

Monday, December 24th

Tuesday, December 25th

Wednesday, December 26th

Holidays 2017
Date Day
January 02 Monday
April 17 Monday
May 1 Monday
May 8 Monday
May 25 Thursday
July 3 Monday
July 14 Friday
September 4 Monday
October 9 Monday
December 25 Monday
December 26 Tuesday

pabby

Dec 21, 2017
What is the " Dec 8 background check done and submitted" ? do you mean the police certificate? I though background check was done by cic in local visa office, no?
We got an email that said you have to submit a Police certificate from South Korea. It was done in one day and submitted in one day. The next day it was accepted and then the medical was requested. Yeah so background check is the police certificate.

drewssp

Dec 3, 2017
We got an email that said you have to submit a Police certificate from South Korea. It was done in one day and submitted in one day. The next day it was accepted and then the medical was requested. Yeah so background check is the police certificate.
Did they specifically tell you that you need to get the police check from South Korea? My wife seems to need to get a police check from South Korea but it's hard to get and they never actually said which police checks we need in any specific detail.

An annoying complication is that the police check that they need is only obtainable inside South Korea and it's been more than a year since we've been there. Contrary to the instructions on the CIC website, Korean embassies cannot supply the appropriate police check and will instead give you only something similar. There are a few people who didn't know this which caused their applications to be completely rejected. Harsh, I agree. If anybody has a similar issue, there is a blog post about this here https://taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-韩国无犯罪证明/

Reactions: pabby

pabby

Dec 21, 2017
Did they specifically tell you that you need to get the police check from South Korea? My wife seems to need to get a police check from South Korea but it's hard to get and they never actually said which police checks we need in any specific detail.

An annoying complication is that the police check that they need is only obtainable inside South Korea and it's been more than a year since we've been there. Contrary to the instructions on the CIC website, Korean embassies cannot supply the appropriate police check and will instead give you only something similar. There are a few people who didn't know this which caused their applications to be completely rejected. Harsh, I agree. If anybody has a similar issue, there is a blog post about this here https://taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-韩国无犯罪证明/
Currently we live in South Korea, but we had a hard time getting the PC in Korea. Apparently by law you are not allowed to give it to anyone, even for the PR application. But we got lucky cause the guy there issuing the check just didn’t care. My husband was in New Zealand for about one year in 2011 but the form I got said to only supply a PC for the location he stayed the longest in, and if they needed the other one they will contact us.

Unfortunately, the only way to get a PC from South Korea is in Korea, which is such a waste of time and seems unfair :(

You should apply for a Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) from a Korean National Police station in Korea.

cango2017

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Currently we live in South Korea, but we had a hard time getting the PC in Korea. Apparently by law you are not allowed to give it to anyone, even for the PR application. But we got lucky cause the guy there issuing the check just didn’t care. My husband was in New Zealand for about one year in 2011 but the form I got said to only supply a PC for the location he stayed the longest in, and if they needed the other one they will contact us.

Unfortunately, the only way to get a PC from South Korea is in Korea, which is such a waste of time and seems unfair :(

You should apply for a Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) from a Korean National Police station in Korea.
Hi I noticed you saying your husband only supplied the PCC of the county that he stayed longest in the past? It's just my circumstances, I'm supplying medicals at the moment and PCC hasn't requested yet. I stayed New Zealand too, wondering should get all of it? So it seems could be different in each applicant's case. Normally it's told to supply the PCC of any country ever been after 6 months.