Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
I did not have any stamps translated. Since the ones within the last 5 years were in English. However the officer asked me for a translation for few stamps for my trips to Egypt back in 2008-2009.

I suggest that you guys get the passport stamps (that are not in English or french( translated. Even for travels before the required 5 years.

Good luck to everyone
I am not sure I understand what you mean by having the "stamp" translated? I looked in my passports and all of my stamps of entry for countries that are not anglophone (Japan, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, etc...) have translation directly on the stamp already: "entry", "exit", "valid for", etc - like this

What exactly would need to be translated then?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am not sure I understand what you mean by having the "stamp" translated? I looked in my passports and all of my stamps of entry for countries that are not anglophone (Japan, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, etc...) have translation directly on the stamp already: "entry", "exit", "valid for", etc - like this

IMO, if stamps have English words and dates, they do not need to be translated. Translation is required, if the stamp is on a passport that could've been used during the eligibility period, and if it is entirely in a different language. On some stamps, the date is in a different script. The officer would not know whether this travel was inside or outside the eligibility period.

Reactions: Seen12

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

For example, stamps like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar#/media/File:King_Khaled_airport_exit_stamp.jpg

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Ooooh alright! I do not have any stamps not translated in my passport then, phew. Even Morocco translated it in French.
Good to know though!
Nevermind I have Egypt that wrote the dates in Arabic :-( If you guys know of affordable translators, please share contacts by pm! Thanks ;-)

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
still no move after test 13 Feb...no request for additional documents, no change on ecas, nothing...
i called call centre last week, was told that residence verification and security verification are pending... what the heck was that all about?
Does anybody have any idea about what to do?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Nevermind I have Egypt that wrote the dates in Arabic :-( If you guys know of affordable translators, please share contacts by pm! Thanks ;-)
I don't have any specific recommendations, but https://ottiaq.org/en/services-for-the-public-and-businesses/find-a-professional/ can help you find a certified translator.

If you have a friend (family is not allowed to do the translation) who knows Arabic they are allowed to do the translation, if they also provide an affidavit. That's described in this document. (Your friend would need to be comfortable doing the date conversion, though, and those seem to be a bit tricky).

A certified translator does not have to provide an affidavit; their professional accreditation is sufficient.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
still no move after test 13 Feb...no request for additional documents, no change on ecas, nothing...
i called call centre last week, was told that residence verification and security verification are pending... what the heck was that all about?
Does anybody have any idea about what to do?
There are many checks that are done when you apply for citizenship. The details of those are not public information.
We know a criminality check is done by the RCMP, and CSIS needs to provide a security clearance. That clearance can take quite a bit of time, and it is not possible to get any information about its progress.

If IRCC wants something from you they will get in touch. If they don't, they'll send you an invitation to the citizenship ceremony in due time. Relax, take a walk, go to work, play a game.

IRCC's commitment is to process 80% of all applications within 12 months. That means that some people go through the process in a few months, others will wait closer to a year. You can't influence the time it takes to process your file, except by providing documentation swiftly if they ask for it. Everything else is out of your control, so the only thing you can do is wait.

Last edited:

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
I don't have any specific recommendations, but https://ottiaq.org/en/services-for-the-public-and-businesses/find-a-professional/ can help you find a certified translator.

If you have a friend (family is not allowed to do the translation) who knows Arabic they are allowed to do the translation, if they also provide an affidavit. That's described in this document. (Your friend would need to be comfortable doing the date conversion, though, and those seem to be a bit tricky).

A certified translator does not have to provide an affidavit; their professional accreditation is sufficient.
Thank you! :)

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
There are many checks that are done when you apply for citizenship. The details of those are not public information.
We know a criminality check is done by the RCMP, and CSIS needs to do provide a security clearance. That clearance can take quite a bit of time, and it is not possible to get any information about its progress.

If IRCC wants something from you they will get in touch. If they don't, they'll send you an invitation to the citizenship ceremony in due time. Relax, take a walk, go to work, play a game.

IRCC's commitment is to process 80% of all applications within 12 months. That means that some people go through the process in a few months, others will wait closer to a year. You can't influence the time it takes to process your file, except by providing documentation swiftly if they ask for it. Everything else is out of your control, so the only thing you can do is wait.
and watch a movie, drink some beers...i did try....

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Anyone been in a situation when the oath date is send out but your not in the country on vacation? Does it create a huge mess or delays of reschedule cause summer is close and gotta enjoy the weather ! :)
* anyways the deadline is 12months right *

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Anyone been in a situation when the oath date is send out but your not in the country on vacation? Does it create a huge mess or delays of reschedule cause summer is close and gotta enjoy the weather ! :)
It's hard to say. It depends on your office.

You are expected to notify IRCC if you'll be out of the country for more than two weeks, so they know not to schedule you during that time. This usually works.

Some offices ask people during their test/interview about expected travels during the coming two or three months, so they can schedule around those absences.

If they do schedule a ceremony for a time when you're away you'll have to notify them (and provide proof of your booking/trip), at the latest 30 days after the date of the ceremony. It seems to be best to notify them beforehand, if you can. Some offices are really good at rescheduling tests and ceremonies. In other offices rescheduling seems to be fraught and people end up waiting for a long time to be invited for a later ceremony.

Reactions: sofia.m

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
My office asked specifically before the test. Told people to please write any dates that they would be out of the country or otherwise absolutely unavailable on the back of their test sheet. Presumably to ensure that your oath was not scheduled at a time you were not at 'home'.

Reactions: sofia.m

sofia.m

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
It's hard to say. It depends on your office.

You are expected to notify IRCC if you'll be out of the country for more than two weeks, so they know not to schedule you during that time. This usually works.

Some offices ask people during their test/interview about expected travels during the coming two or three months, so they can schedule around those absences.

If they do schedule a ceremony for a time when you're away you'll have to notify them (and provide proof of your booking/trip), at the latest 30 days after the date of the ceremony. It seems to be best to notify them beforehand, if you can. Some offices are really good at rescheduling tests and ceremonies. In other offices rescheduling seems to be fraught and people end up waiting for a long time to be invited for a later ceremony.
Thanks i will notify right away then.

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
I did my finger print in January-2018 and IRCC received it the following day. I also did my citizenship test in February-2018 and passed the test. Since then no progress at all for myself and still in process but my wife had her status changed to decision day the day after the test. For me almost 7 weeks since passing the test with no progress?
Is this normal? I heard someone mentioning I can order information details online regarding the details of processing my application I don’t remember the name but will it be useful?