+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I am just worry since the office told me that I should expect the letter between two to three weeks, and till now nothing happened.

Oct2016 said:
Guys I need your help.

Right now my eCas shows Decision Made and inside I have only 4 lines including test invite.
Does this means that all security checks have been done? and the only step is only issuing the oath letter?

Thank you.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
I am just worry since the office told me that I should expect the letter between two to three weeks, and till now nothing happened.
When was your test and where ?

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
Oct2016 said:
What is your Visa Office? Officers in Scarborough told us 2-4 months :(

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ria Rita
Amr
Basset
Ashutosh
FrAndre
Peter mac
DeeCee
SzN
Chintu
Raja
Frankie
Ryan
behsuz
JL
Julia
Pramod
Fernie

hi guys are you still waiting for test invite.... plz update your timeline here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1883388690

sharma2016

Dec 14, 2016
Ria Rita
Amr
Basset
Ashutosh
FrAndre
Peter mac
DeeCee
SzN
Chintu
Raja
Frankie
Ryan
behsuz
JL
Julia
Pramod
Fernie

hi guys are you still waiting for test invite.... plz update your timeline here

Hi Imran, I do not have any update, still in process :(

Arctic16

Oct 28, 2016
It's 4 weeks, tomorrow, after my test (Th. Jan 26th), e cas status is still IP.

My wife had status changed to DM Jan 27th (up until yesterday she hadn't received Oath letter yet)

Hopefully completing the final (two?) rounds of security checks won't be a lengthy process.

I have to admit I am starting to get worried.

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
Arctic16 said:

My wife had status changed to DM Jan 27th (up until yesterday she hadn't received Oath letter yet)

Hopefully completing the final (two?) rounds of security checks won't be a lengthy process.

Hey! Same situation here Me and my husband took our test january 16th his Evas changed to Dm january 17th but mine show still in process! I am worried since its more than a month already. My city office is edmonton.

Arctic16

Oct 28, 2016
kdays18 said:
Hey! Same situation here Me and my husband took our test january 16th his Evas changed to Dm january 17th but mine show still in process! I am worried since its more than a month already. My city office is edmonton.
My city office is Vancouver.

I phoned CIC once already: they said the file is 'proceeding well' and is still within normal delays. I guess this is the standard reply.

With such processes (grant of citizenship) only patience can help ... until you are past the 'normal' delays which can be 6 months up to a year, then you can proceed otherwise.

Yet I believe its way too early to talk about that (proceeding otherwise). One month is still quite early ... relatively speaking of course.

Delays could be for many reasons too, and specially if/when one (like me) comes from countries that have citizens requiring more scrutiny before being granted citizenship.

Good luck with your application, and 'good patience' while waiting.

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
Same here, No Updates since Jan19........................... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Arctic16 said:

Arctic16

Oct 28, 2016
Thanks canadavan for the consolation.

I wish we both hear from them soon. Sometimes the weight doesn't feel like few more weeks (or even months) waiting. Instead you start feeling the weight of the years since one embarked on that road altogether !

And by that 'start' I don't mean the day I sent my immigration visa application in 2005 (which I got in 2009), but the years before that; when one started thinking of leaving his country !

But then again patience is key for almost everything in this life !

Sorry for the long post.