+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Richie888

Jun 17, 2014
Azsereth said:
I didn't know if my eCAS would update to reflect an oath letter, but I logged on today and saw:

"We sent you a notice on January 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I hope this is good news for other Montrealers (decision made to oath letter was *slow* for several other applicants for other months). I will also check back to let you guys know how long it took to receive the letter.
That was fast ! I am also from Montreal (DM on January 15 ) but still no update on my Ecas and nothing received in the mail. I don't know how cases are processed but some seems slower than other for the same region.
Congrats to you !

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Yesterday I did the test and it was as expected easy, just read the book twice and practice the online tests.
The interview went smooth, checked all the stamps and ask questions about work, family.
At the end the Officer approved my application and said that you should expect the letter between 2 to 3 weeks.

Now waiting for Oath Letter.

Good Luck for every one.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Richie888 said:
That was fast ! I am also from Montreal (DM on January 15 ) but still no update on my Ecas and nothing received in the mail. I don't know how cases are processed but some seems slower than other for the same region.
Congrats to you !
Thank you :) I hope you get your oath letter soon. It will be nice to close this whole chapter and start a new one.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Finally my ECAS was updated to Test Invite today. It took a while but here we are. Test on Feb 16.

Questions: My passports and PR card are about to expire, in March, hopefully I receive a decision before that. Anyone here who already applied for passport after being granted citizenship? How long does it take?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I check CIC daily and no update, no test invite. :-[

emadgob

Dec 1, 2013
Arctic16 said:
Thank you very much.

The test was easier than I expected. I attended a 2 day workshop from a settlement helping agency. I first attended it two years ago, and refreshed my memory doing the same workshop on the two evenings prior to the test day.

Best preparation methods? The Discover Canada book, and doing online questions as much as you can.
thank you

amughal2

Mar 8, 2013
Hi imran01,

Recently i was requested by CIC to get my fingerprints taken. I understand it delays the process by a weeks or month in this situation if there are no complications such as a conviction.

I do have a summary conviction in the past. I was informed it might take unto 120 days to get the results back to CIC if one has a prior conviction. Also how does a conviction affects the citizenship process.

How long do you think it will take for myself to receive a test invite?

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
;D ;D I check today my eCas and I found Decision Made but there is no information inside, I guess I have to wait.

Good Luck for every one.

Oct2016 said:
Yesterday I did the test and it was as expected easy, just read the book twice and practice the online tests.
The interview went smooth, checked all the stamps and ask questions about work, family.
At the end the Officer approved my application and said that you should expect the letter between 2 to 3 weeks.

Now waiting for Oath Letter.

Good Luck for every one.

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
Still waiting for DM, no updated in Ecase, still showing IP since Jan 19 (Test passed 20/20), why there is so much different between the waiting times, someone got DM in on week after test, someone has been told 3-5 months, most people from Vancouver has been told 5-8 months for the Oath. Is there because the local office has not enough staff to process for the case or Oath?

I went to Vacation out of Canada after my Test, is there will be affect my case processing?

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
My PR card is expired in Aug 1 2017, Do i need to renew it during the waiting period for Oath, Any suggestion? (Test passed Jan19 with 20/20, they said need wait 5-8 month for oath, still showing IP since test date) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:---I am out side Canada for vacation right now....

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Hey all. My ECAS had Test Invite on Jan 31st and I received the Test Invite by mail today, Feb 2nd. On the test invite it is mentioned I need to appear in different city where I currently live. That's why in between my application and test Invite I moved to another region. How should I inform or request to write a test on my current region right now?

Also. As for the documents that one need to bring to the Test/Interview. I don't have my Original Proof of Language (IELTS) as that was very long time ago done for PR. However, after my application I completed Post-Secondary education here in Canada, I didn't submit this as of proof of language for citizenship as it was not finished at the moment. Any suggestion of what can I do here, anyone who had similar situations?

Thank you all.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Bring the original documents listed in the Test invitation letter, if the officer asked about the IELTS original copy, you can explain that the original IELTS report was sent during the immigration process. And there is no harm if you want to bring your postsecondary transcript and certificate for an extra proof "if the office asked"

Good Luck

jjedm said:
Hey all. My ECAS had Test Invite on Jan 31st and I received the Test Invite by mail today, Feb 2nd. On the test invite it is mentioned I need to appear in different city where I currently live. That's why in between my application and test Invite I moved to another region. How should I inform or request to write a test on my current region right now?

Also. As for the documents that one need to bring to the Test/Interview. I don't have my Original Proof of Language (IELTS) as that was very long time ago done for PR. However, after my application I completed Post-Secondary education here in Canada, I didn't submit this as of proof of language for citizenship as it was not finished at the moment. Any suggestion of what can I do here, anyone who had similar situations?

Thank you all.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
No you do not have to, if you are not travelling after that period.

Good Luck

canadavan said:
My PR card is expired in Aug 1 2017, Do i need to renew it during the waiting period for Oath, Any suggestion? (Test passed Jan19 with 20/20, they said need wait 5-8 month for oath, still showing IP since test date) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:---I am out side Canada for vacation right now....

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hi Everyone, I took my citizenship oath today. The ceremony was only for an hour. Good luck to everyone and I really wish and hope that everyone else will finish this journey ASAP. I will still follow this forum and will provide assistance as I can.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PVN said:
Hi Everyone, I took my citizenship oath today. The ceremony was only for an hour. Good luck to everyone and I really wish and hope that everyone else will finish this journey ASAP. I will still follow this forum and will provide assistance as I can.
Congrats PVN !