+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Almost 90 days since my application is "In process" hoping that things start moving on in January. Any other October applicants in the same situation?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjedm said:
Almost 90 days since my application is "In process" hoping that things start moving on in January. Any other October applicants in the same situation?
If you have not had a communication with them for more than 90 days it is a good reason for you to give them a call and ask about the progress of your case. Good luck!

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
I did my test on Dec 16th. Subsequently I received a finger print request. Completed finger printing on on Dec 23rd. Since then I have not heard anything yet from CIC. There are no updates. How long does it normally takes for CIC to make a decision in such cases? Please share your experiences.

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
RamMur said:
I did my test on Dec 16th. Subsequently I received a finger print request. Completed finger printing on on Dec 23rd. Since then I have not heard anything yet from CIC. There are no updates. How long does it normally takes for CIC to make a decision in such cases? Please share your experiences.
Did they give you FP request form on site right after the test?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjedm said:
Yes..Same

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
imran01 said:
Yes..Same
Actually, I was wrong, it is 60 days since my application is "In Process" 90 days since it was received. Have you communicated with CIC at all imran01?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjedm said:
Actually, I was wrong, it is 60 days since my application is "In Process" 90 days since it was received. Have you communicated with CIC at all imran01?
same standard answers... your application is still within standard processing period i.e. 12 months.. and "back ground check is still going on". nothing special... etc etc btw mine was 76 days in process... :)

brishtee

Oct 26, 2015
CFAdoc said:
Hello,

Has anyone from Halifax received a test invite? I've been in process since Nov 3rd. Just wondering if it's my application or office.
Hi, I am from Halifax and my application status is "In process" since Nov 16th.

Richie888

Jun 17, 2014
rachel07 said:
Hi All ,

Just completed my test at mississauga office..passed and interview was very smooth too ..
Good luck to you ! I did also pass the test today at Montreal office. Interview was smooth too (not too much questioning from the CIC officer, just the basics, while I was expecting far more) . Fingers crossed now and waiting.

Panda_Bear

Jan 8, 2017
Does everyone has to go for an interview after the test? How long is the interview? What questions do they ask?

Thank you for all replies in advance.

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
ghnboy said:
Did they give you FP request form on site right after the test?
No they informed that a letter has been sent a few days ago but received the letter only a week later.