Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blou said:
Office Halifax
Finally received my oath letter. Whoohoo!!

Oath Letter: 15 March 2017
Oath Ceremony: 29 March 2017
Congrats...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
The journey is almost reached at it's last station, which is the OATH. :)

Today my e-case was updated with the lovely last line " We sent you a notice on March 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship on a ceremony to be held on April 11,2017.

Thank you guys for all your support.
Best of Luck for all of you that are still waiting.

Special Thanks to Imran.

Have a great Canadian Weekend. 8)
you are welcome... and have a great weekend and beyond..

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
my home address is different than my mailling address, it was fine before. i signed in few days ago on my ecase website, the home address was changed to the same as my mailing address by the system, don't know why it happened, i called CIC today, they don't know why my home address was changed....and i request to change it back to what it was.............system error???????? hmmmm,.........anyway...........my case still no updated .......there is no more infor from CIC customer service either.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
To be in safe side, Canada post have mail forwarding service.
Buy it and forward any emails coming from your previous mailing addrss. And continue following with IRCC.

Good Luck

canadavan said:
my home address is different than my mailling address, it was fine before. i signed in few days ago on my ecase website, the home address was changed to the same as my mailing address by the system, don't know why it happened, i called CIC today, they don't know why my home address was changed....and i request to change it back to what it was.............system error???????? hmmmm,.........anyway...........my case still no updated .......there is no more infor from CIC customer service either.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
The journey is almost reached at it's last station, which is the OATH. :)

Today my e-case was updated with the lovely last line " We sent you a notice on March 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship on a ceremony to be held on April 11,2017.

Thank you guys for all your support.
Best of Luck for all of you that are still waiting.

Special Thanks to Imran.

Have a great Canadian Weekend. 8)
Congratulations!

The last line is actually "You became a Canadian Citizen so and so.. hehe)

wellderr

Oct 19, 2016
imran01 said:
No need to send the receipts..if RCMP didnt get any criminal record they will send report in 72 hours..and will reach to cic in next 72 business hours...so its all about 2 week delay...
best of luck

Hi Guys!!

I called cic after two weeks to check if they got my fingerprints and guess what?? Nothing, they said they didn't get anything so far but they suggested to send my proves that i did it!
Oh boy!! I do hope it finishes well!

Have a good week!

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wellderr said:
Hi Guys!!

I called cic after two weeks to check if they got my fingerprints and guess what?? Nothing, they said they didn't get anything so far but they suggested to send my proves that i did it!

Have a good week!
any update ?

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
wellderr said:
Hi Guys!!

Have a good week!
Mine took 3 weeks to get to cic.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Guys, does anyone knows how long will take to receive the oath letter after you see update in your eCase saying they send you the letter.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
Guys, does anyone knows how long will take to receive the oath letter after you see update in your eCase saying they send you the letter.
Hi
It should take about a week.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Weird, by today will be more than one week, maybe it got lost in the mail !
If this is the case, can I go to the ceremony without the letter?

MUFC said:
Hi
It should take about a week.

myproperty

Mar 23, 2017
Hi everyone,
I applied for citizenship in October 2016 and process was started on november 14, 2016. I got invitation to appear for writing test on December 19, 2016 and the test was done in January 6, 2017. But i am still waiting for next step. My status is still showing in process. Whenever i call cic they always say that they are checking my background.
If anyone is in the same situation please advise me what step can i take to fasten the process or anything which can help.

Thanks,

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct2016 said:
Weird, by today will be more than one week, maybe it got lost in the mail !
If this is the case, can I go to the ceremony without the letter?
Give them few more days time.
If it's lost you can call the call centre and the agent will send you a copy of the invitation by the e-mail you have on file.
You need the invitation because one of the pages is your consent that you don't mind pictures and video to be taken with you on them. You have to sign this form before they let you in the ceremony hall.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Thanks MUFC and that's what I did, I received an email from them. But I have been told that the form is not necessary, since I can get in the there.

MUFC said:
Give them few more days time.
If it's lost you can call the call centre and the agent will send you a copy of the invitation by the e-mail you have on file.
You need the invitation because one of the pages is your consent that you don't mind pictures and video to be taken with you on them. You have to sign this form before they let you in the ceremony hall.