+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
canadavan said:
CHECK ECASE EVERYDAY.....NO UPDATED, Still IP since test done on Jan 19..............VANCOUVER processing is soooooooooo slow.....ANYONE know What's going on..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Same here, done with test on the first week of december... waitingggggggggg

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
Had my citizenship interview and test done in the Hamilton office today. I had the appointment at 8:30 AM. There were 20 people at that time. All of us were checked in for the test by showing our test invite letter and 2 pieces of ID. We're all taken to a separate room for test which started around 8:50 AM. 20 questions and 30 minutes. Once completed, we're told to handover the question paper, answer sheet to the test administrator and sit on the back. Once everyone completed the test, we're taken to the waiting area where interviewer (2 of them) started calling names one by one. Typically the interview lasted from 15-30 mins. Test was very easy and I got 20/20. Interview was very simple (atleast for me it was).....the lady was very nice. I had lot of entry/exit records from US. Good thing was that I had entry/exit records from CBSA with me. It helped me a lot since while crossing the border by road, stamps are not marked on the passport. The interviewer matched each entry/exit from CBSA record with my application and seemed to be satisfied. She mentioned me that it's good that I had the CBSA records with me. She asked me at the end If I have any questions. I asked what are the next steps...is it Oath. She said they will continue to process and I should hear back in 1-2 months. Overall good experience. Hope to hear soon on Oath Letter.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017 Received on 02-02-2017
kansie123 said:
Had my citizenship interview and test done in the Hamilton office today. I had the appointment at 8:30 AM. There were 20 people at that time. All of us were checked in for the test by showing our test invite letter and 2 pieces of ID. We're all taken to a separate room for test which started around 8:50 AM. 20 questions and 30 minutes. Once completed, we're told to handover the question paper, answer sheet to the test administrator and sit on the back. Once everyone completed the test, we're taken to the waiting area where interviewer (2 of them) started calling names one by one. Typically the interview lasted from 15-30 mins. Test was very easy and I got 20/20. Interview was very simple (atleast for me it was).....the lady was very nice. I had lot of entry/exit records from US. Good thing was that I had entry/exit records from CBSA with me. It helped me a lot since while crossing the border by road, stamps are not marked on the passport. The interviewer matched each entry/exit from CBSA record with my application and seemed to be satisfied. She mentioned me that it's good that I had the CBSA records with me. She asked me at the end If I have any questions. I asked what are the next steps...is it Oath. She said they will continue to process and I should hear back in 1-2 months. Overall good experience. Hope to hear soon on Oath Letter.
Congratulations!
You mentioned "exit/entry CBSA", do you mean that the report you had included both exit and entry from to Canada?

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
Beginner2012 said:
Congratulations!
You mentioned "exit/entry CBSA", do you mean that the report you had included both exit and entry from to Canada?
I had both entry and exit on the report but the officer just checked the entry dates and matched with my application. The exit records were there for 2013 and after.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017 Received on 02-02-2017
kansie123 said:
I had both entry and exit on the report but the officer just checked the entry dates and matched with my application. The exit records were there for 2013 and after.
Thank you for the clarification.

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
Another week passed, still no updated, Which office process the cases after interview/test? local? Vancouver office seems like every officer is on vacation!!!! If passed the interview and test why still need to wait that long? if one local office can hold 300 people for the oath a week, so there are 1200 people a month, and i don't think there is that many people get thought in this speed every month. :eek: :eek: :eek:

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
canadavan said:
Another week passed, still no updated, Which office process the cases after interview/test? local? Vancouver office seems like every officer is on vacation!!!! If passed the interview and test why still need to wait that long? if one local office can hold 300 people for the oath a week, so there are 1200 people a month, and i don't think there is that many people get thought in this speed every month. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Local office handles oath. Did your officer say about the wait time for oath ceremony? My officer told me that I would be getting oath invitation in 1 to 2 months and after a month, I received oath invitation letter. Hope this helps!

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
My officer told me 5-6 months to get oath letter!!! that was so different than yours, People who took interview with me at same day were all told to wait 5-6 months for oath in Vancouver.....Sooooo slow...

sumitk2016

Jan 25, 2017
kansie123 said:
I was told by the Hamilton office that I should be getting my oath invite in about 1 month back when I completed the test in Oct 2016. Still haven't gotten the invite.

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
sumitk2016 said:
I was told by the Hamilton office that I should be getting my oath invite in about 1 month back when I completed the test in Oct 2016. Still haven't gotten the invite.
I see there are two ceremonies coming One in Feb and another in March in Hamilton. Also did you try calling CIC.....Its almost 4 months since you completed your test. When did the ecas changed to decision made for you?

sumitk2016

Jan 25, 2017
kansie123 said:
I see there are two ceremonies coming One in Feb and another in March in Hamilton. Also did you try calling CIC.....Its almost 4 months since you completed your test. When did the ecas changed to decision made for you?
My eCas still shows "In Process". I've called CIC and have been told that my security check(s) is pending.

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
sumitk2016 said:
My eCas still shows "In Process". I've called CIC and have been told that my security check(s) is pending.
That might be the reason. Mine is changed to Decision made. but I see couple of members in this October sheet from Hamilton office....who are still waiting for Oath. Hopefully we'll get soon....there are two ceremonies scheduled in Hamilton Feb 28th and March 7th.

brishtee

Oct 26, 2015
Hello Blou,

How was your citizenship test experience on Feb 9? Since I am also from Halifax, and scheduled for Feb 15 wanted to request you to share your experience please.

By the way, I am stuck in Toronto due to snowstorm, my flights are cancelled. I am trying my best to return by tomorrow. :(

Thanks,

Blou said:
Finally received a test invite. Halifax
Received Test Invite: 19 Jan 2017
Test: 9 Feb 2017

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........