Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
No problem ;D. Congratulations on your PR by the way.

Edit: I have a question of my own. If you fill out a B4 goods to follow list does that mean you can ship items duty free too? I always assumed I had to take them across in person later on. What's the cheapest shipper to use? My sister went ahead and packed up all my stuff to get a quote for when the time comes, and she was quoted over $200 just for shipping fees (she didn't say where). This is only from Bellingham, WA to Vancouver, BC. so paying that much seems outrageous.

You don't have to pay duty on your goods to follow as long as you take care of it at your landing. The agent stamps your B4 form and goods list. Also attached is an accounting form that just shows the monetary value of your goods and that you pay zero.

You must not have much stuff if it only cost $200. I would say that isn't too bad. I will be paying over $2000 to ship my stuff. It is coming from California to Ontario, but I have 91 boxes. Lol

You can google "international shipping" and find some companies that way. I am using Navis (Navis.com) to ship my stuff. It will come by truck.

How much do you have? Could you maybe just mail it or use UPS? I don't know if that would be cheaper.

Thanks for the congrats!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
TracyCa64 said:
You don't have to pay duty on your goods to follow as long as you take care of it at your landing. The agent stamps your B4 form and goods list. Also attached is an accounting form that just shows the monetary value of your goods and that you pay zero.

You must not have much stuff if it only cost $200. I would say that isn't too bad. I will be paying over $2000 to ship my stuff. It is coming from California to Ontario, but I have 91 boxes. Lol

You can google "international shipping" and find some companies that way. I am using Navis (Navis.com) to ship my stuff. It will come by truck.

How much do you have? Could you maybe just mail it or use UPS? I don't know if that would be cheaper.

Thanks for the congrats!
Thank you ;D. Well, I've moved so much within the past couple years that I really don't have much stuff unfortunately. I think I have about 3-4 large boxes waiting at my sister's. One box is entirely books. I'm just glad that I don't have to bring everything over personally and that I can ship it, as long as I list everything on the goods to follow form.

pruneguy

Jun 22, 2015
Hello everyone! My wife got her PPR today! Check out my timeline on the spreadsheet. Wish everyone the best and speedy application!

Kalie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-11-2015
File Transfer...
09-12-2015/ Manila Inprocess 16-12-2015/Addtl Request: 19-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
pruneguy said:
Hello everyone! My wife got her PPR today! Check out my timeline on the spreadsheet. Wish everyone the best and speedy application!

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Is it okay to know your timeline? Don't even know how to look up with the spreadsheet because I dnt have a copy too. Thank you

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Kalie said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here. Is it okay to know your timeline? Don't even know how to look up with the spreadsheet because I dnt have a copy too. Thank you
Here's a link to the October spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vTB6yzgrsdNreHPDSQeePY0MTCQWoux8yw9FcuV3d8w/edit#gid=0

Once you have more posts (10 or 20 can't remember) you'll be able to edit your forum profile to include your timeline.

Kalie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-11-2015
File Transfer...
09-12-2015/ Manila Inprocess 16-12-2015/Addtl Request: 19-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
crzy_canadian said:
Once you have more posts (10 or 20 can't remember) you'll be able to edit your forum profile

Thank you so much. It seems no status of DM yet from October in Manila VO. I'm also waiting for DM.

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Kalie said:
Thank you so much. It seems no status of DM yet from October in Manila VO. I'm also waiting for DM.
Next thing you can expect should be a PPR (passport request). You can follow along in the Manila threads to see where they're at since they seem to go in order. It doesn't seem like they've even started September applicants yet.

Hang in there :)

Kellyvalentine123

Mar 26, 2016
Kellyvalentine123 said:
Hello there..
I'm a US citizen waiting for my CoPR.
Application received on oct. 13Th
Started processing my husband to sponsor me on Dec. 3Rd.
He got approved to sponsor me on jan. 20Th
My PR is being processed on feb. 3Rd
Medical received and missing documents asked for and sent out already.
Just waiting on DM. HOPEFULLY SOON.

HEY GUYS!
GOT DM TODAY!! WAITING FOR LETTER IN THE MAIL!! YAY!

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Kellyvalentine123 said:
HEY GUYS!
GOT DM TODAY!! WAITING FOR LETTER IN THE MAIL!! YAY!
Congrats!!

geelee

Nov 3, 2015
Had a Decision made since March woooo! Still waiting on the mail. I called two weeks ago and they said it was to go out. I hate the waiting. EEEK! :eek:

geelee

Nov 3, 2015
TracyCa64 said:
Hey October Family!

I landed yesterday!! WOOHOO!!!
I landed at the Rainbow Bridge crossing in Niagara Falls. It went really smooth and I am very happy.

We went over to the US side and stayed there for about an hour. We walked around and checked out the American Falls. Not much to see over there, but it was cool to finally see it. We came back into Canada and told the border officer that I was landing. He asked me a few questions and completed a yellow paper and told me to take that into the CBSA office. I think I waited 30 min before they called my name. The agent actually took a new photo of me for my COPR form. I knew that CIC had changed the size and was never asked to send the new size in. I thought that was pretty cool. She was super nice through the whole process. It can take up to 12 weeks to receive my PR card.

I have goods to follow so I had my form and list all ready to go. I had to go over to a different agent to show him my goods to follow info. He stamped my list and then photocopied it. He attached this accounting form that he got from the Cashier. It basically had the info to show that I won't be paying any duty tax on my items when they get shipped here.
I had two copies of my list of items and the B4 forms, but the agent told me he only needed one set. He actually just photocopied it after he stamped each page. For the value I just put down a garage sale value for each of my boxes. Some boxes had no value so I put zero.
He didn't question anything on my list.

I am so happy for this chapter to be complete. I feel like a real person again. LOL

Thank you to everyone here on the forum who contributed to my journey. I appreciate every bit of advice and all the support and smiles.
I will still be around on the boards to help anyone if I can.

Smiles!! :D
Tracy
Congratulations! We welcome you with open arms :-D

Kellyvalentine123

Mar 26, 2016
geelee said:
Had a Decision made since March woooo! Still waiting on the mail. I called two weeks ago and they said it was to go out. I hate the waiting. EEEK! :eek:
wow that is a long wait .. is that normal? where are you from?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JO1986 said:
I think now I'm the only one from October who hasn't got the DM yet..
You'r joking !! right ?
if this make you feel better , I'm a September applicant still no contact from VO since AOR2 2 Months ago .

May.Egy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm also October applicant and no DM! :mad: :( yet...