+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats Puzzled, :)
PUZZLED said:
Hello Everyone,

Finally my Oath taking ceremony is finished last Wednesday , July 15 held at HOTEL MARRIOTT in Montreal. It was a long day because 300 persons took an oath in 56 countries. :D :D :D Only one speaker was there the JUDGE who made us oath and lasted for 4 hours. It went well and am happy that I can now breathe and free from waiting for this citizenship application. Time to start my new life as Canadian citizen. For everyone who's still waiting for their papers pls hold on, be patient and your time will come soon. The processing is a bit faster now compare for the past few years due to changes they made. So i hope everyone Good luck. Thank you so much for every member of this forum from applying for my PR until my Citizenship, who encouraged me when I'm losing my hope and for keeping me Sane when I'm getting insane, impatient and confused. ;D :D God bless everyone and im hoping the best for all. Cheers...!!! :D I will be dropping here once in a while to check October applicants status.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PUZZLED said:
Hello Everyone,

Finally my Oath taking ceremony is finished last Wednesday , July 15 held at HOTEL MARRIOTT in Montreal. It was a long day because 300 persons took an oath in 56 countries. :D :D :D Only one speaker was there the JUDGE who made us oath and lasted for 4 hours. It went well and am happy that I can now breathe and free from waiting for this citizenship application. Time to start my new life as Canadian citizen. For everyone who's still waiting for their papers pls hold on, be patient and your time will come soon. The processing is a bit faster now compare for the past few years due to changes they made. So i hope everyone Good luck. Thank you so much for every member of this forum from applying for my PR until my Citizenship, who encouraged me when I'm losing my hope and for keeping me Sane when I'm getting insane, impatient and confused. ;D :D God bless everyone and im hoping the best for all. Cheers...!!! :D I will be dropping here once in a while to check October applicants status.
congratulations :)

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
PUZZLED said:
next is your notice to write an exam for citizenship. start studying the book by now.

Hi ,

It has been more than 1 month. And I still haven't received any thing of CIC. Do you know normally how long will it take for the test? (I'm in Ottawa)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
well in every province the processing is not the same. Some take longer but some are faster... In my case when they transfer my file in Montreal it took them 2 months to give me a notice to appear for examination. Then after i passed the test another 2 months i got my Oath taking letter. Just wait for more time it will come.. no worries. ;)

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
PUZZLED said:
well in every province the processing is not the same. Some take longer but some are faster... In my case when they transfer my file in Montreal it took them 2 months to give me a notice to appear for examination. Then after i passed the test another 2 months i got my Oath taking letter. Just wait for more time it will come.. no worries. ;)
Ok, thanks for your information.
When did you get your test? Did you still remember those 20 questions your test?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Very strange, my wife online status just changed with a new line :

- We sent you a notice on July 15, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
- We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

It is strange as she did take and pass the test May 12th in Montreal !!!!

She has her status in decision made since less than a week and we were expecting an oath letter not an exam letter !!! She did not receive the letter yet (probably early this week).

Did any body experience this in the past ? To pass the test (20/20) then 2 months later to get another invite for another test ????!!!!!!!

one4chris

Dec 5, 2014
Hi Babi22: Same thing happened to my ecas status yesterday. I already took & passed the test (20/20) on May 13, 2015 in Montreal.

The letter will likely be delivered tomorrow Monday. I'll keep you posted on what it says.

Cheers

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
one4chris said:
Hi Babi22: Same thing happened to my ecas status yesterday. I already took & passed the test (20/20) on May 13, 2015 in Montreal.

The letter will likely be delivered tomorrow Monday. I'll keep you posted on what it says.

Cheers
Thanks Chris. Could it be just a glitch in their system? My wife's status went to "Decision made" since almost a week now. She called CIC last tuesday and was informed that her citizenship application was approved and she is on the wait list for the oath... we were very surprised last night by the status update.
we might get the letter by tomorrow too. I'll keep you posted too.

Thanks,

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Babi22 said:
Very strange, my wife online status just changed with a new line :

- We sent you a notice on July 15, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
- We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

It is strange as she did take and pass the test May 12th in Montreal !!!!

She has her status in decision made since less than a week and we were expecting an oath letter not an exam letter !!! She did not receive the letter yet (probably early this week).

Did any body experience this in the past ? To pass the test (20/20) then 2 months later to get another invite for another test ????!!!!!!!
hello, it happened to some people, dont rely on ECAS because its not accurate. Take for example my situation they sent a letter July 2 for Oath taking. I got the letter July 6. then when i checked my ecas it says again they sent a letter july 10 ...huh?? but i was already waiting for my oath on july 15 and took an oath on that day. So pls dont worry too much ... that letter might be her Oath taking for JULY 28 , because i heard there will be another batch on the 28th. I'm telling you until now that ive got my citizenship my ECAS says COMPLETED but when you check the details the last line is We sent a letter.. well in fact for some people the last line after the oath was " YOU BECAME A CANADIAN CITIZEN DATED.....! for me that details was not there.. so no worries .. Congrats and relax!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
My Ngoc Yan said:
Ok, thanks for your information.
When did you get your test? Did you still remember those 20 questions your test?
Got the test last May 15 Montreal and took an oath July 15. The test is 20/20 , you need to pass 15, its all in the Discover Canada book so please study carefully , its a multiple choice questions be sure to read it over and over again as we are not allowed by rules to divulge the test details. Hope you get your test invite soon. Good Luck!! :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
one4chris said:

Cheers
My wife just received her letter... Oath letter for Aug 5th :) seems that ecas is not reliable at all as its still showing and invitation for citizenship exam...

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
PUZZLED said:
hello, it happened to some people, dont rely on ECAS because its not accurate. Take for example my situation they sent a letter July 2 for Oath taking. I got the letter July 6. then when i checked my ecas it says again they sent a letter july 10 ...huh?? but i was already waiting for my oath on july 15 and took an oath on that day. So pls dont worry too much ... that letter might be her Oath taking for JULY 28 , because i heard there will be another batch on the 28th. I'm telling you until now that ive got my citizenship my ECAS says COMPLETED but when you check the details the last line is We sent a letter.. well in fact for some people the last line after the oath was " YOU BECAME A CANADIAN CITIZEN DATED.....! for me that details was not there.. so no worries .. Congrats and relax!
Agree with you, can't rely on this ecas at all, just confirmed with my wife oath letter (now)...

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my Oath ceremony today at Vancouver. That was about 10 months from application to Oath for me.

All the best to all of you, who are waiting, you will soon be there!!

mustang72

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo (got transferred to Ottawa-pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-sep-2011
AOR Received.
15-nov-2011
Med's Request
15-nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-nov-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-may-2012
VISA ISSUED...
5-june-2012
LANDED..........
14-june-2012
yesterday i became Canadian citizen. I would like to thank all of you for your support. see my signature for timeline