+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats Lawabiden :),
lawabiden said:
Finally!
We sent you a notice on July 9, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Decision made never changed!

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an invite for Oath in less than a week after appearing for the test and interview in Scarborough.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Babi22 said:
Hi PUZZLED. My wife just got decision made on her status (passed the test May 12th in Montreal). Did yours got the same before you received your oath letter ? The last line in her status is still the one where they informed her for her test back in May, no other line yet...
Yes it changed to Decision Made then after a week the line changed to THEY SENT A LETTER. So dont worry they will inform you thru ecas as well as by post for the Oath taking ceremony. Good Luck.!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not in my case. For me, the next line after test invite was "u became a citizen on XXXXXXXX". My E-CAS Status is also Complete. Decision Made never came. From In-process to Complete.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
PUZZLED said:
Yes it changed to Decision Made then after a week the line changed to THEY SENT A LETTER. So dont worry they will inform you thru ecas as well as by post for the Oath taking ceremony. Good Luck.!
Good to know. Actually yesterday afternoon, my wife called CIC and the Agent informed her that she is in the wait list for the Citizenship Ceremony :) However the Agent doesn't know how many people are in the wait list (The Agent doesn't has access to this) so she couldn't say how long my wife will be waiting for the leter... Although not that important anymore as we know now that my wife's citizenship application has been approved and it's only a matter of time before she becomes a Canadian citizen :)

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Hi folks, I just checked my ecase status and got the test invitation.

Here are my timelines:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 16, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on July 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on July 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

GLTA, keep it up!

Cheers,
NewB

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Forgot to mention, my local office is Calgary!

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
After exactly 9 months and 13 days, my dream of becoming a Canadian citizen has come true.

It was a beautiful ceremony at Government House, the official residence of the Lt. Governor of Nova Scotia in Halifax.

27 new Canadians from 13 countries took the oath today, administered by the Lt. Governor himself, followed by a wonderful reception in the beautiful mansion.

Halifax MP Megan Leslie and the Deputy Mayor of Halifax were also present.

Aside from our citizenship certificates, we received a letter from the Prime Minister welcoming us as new citizens.
This was indeed a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime event that marks a wonderful beginning to a new chapter in our lives.
It was amazing to sing the National Anthem for the first time as a citizen!

I wish all of you a speedy processing and successful completion of your own journeys to citizenship.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KrisinNS said:
After exactly 9 months and 13 days, my dream of becoming a Canadian citizen has come true.

It was a beautiful ceremony at Government House, the official residence of the Lt. Governor of Nova Scotia in Halifax.

27 new Canadians from 13 countries took the oath today, administered by the Lt. Governor himself, followed by a wonderful reception in the beautiful mansion.

Aside from our citizenship certificates, we received a letter from the Prime Minister welcoming us as new citizens.
This was indeed a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime event that marks a wonderful beginning to a new chapter in our lives.

I wish all of you a speedy processing and successful completion of your own journeys to citizenship.
Congratulations :)

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
Hi ,

Here is my timeline:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 28, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

So ..... somebody could tell me what happen next ? please

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
KrisinNS said:

Congratulations!!!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
My Ngoc Yan said:
Hi ,

Here is my timeline:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 28, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

So ..... somebody could tell me what happen next ? please
next is your notice to write an exam for citizenship. start studying the book by now.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Finally my Oath taking ceremony is finished last Wednesday , July 15 held at HOTEL MARRIOTT in Montreal. It was a long day because 300 persons took an oath in 56 countries. :D :D :D Only one speaker was there the JUDGE who made us oath and lasted for 4 hours. It went well and am happy that I can now breathe and free from waiting for this citizenship application. Time to start my new life as Canadian citizen. For everyone who's still waiting for their papers pls hold on, be patient and your time will come soon. The processing is a bit faster now compare for the past few years due to changes they made. So i hope everyone Good luck. Thank you so much for every member of this forum from applying for my PR until my Citizenship, who encouraged me when I'm losing my hope and for keeping me Sane when I'm getting insane, impatient and confused. ;D :D God bless everyone and im hoping the best for all. Cheers...!!! :D I will be dropping here once in a while to check October applicants status.