+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
canadavasi said:
Any Oct applicant still waiting for a test? I received RQ and submitted all details to the Scarborough CIC office in early Feb. I haven't heard anything back yet. I am thinking of ordering ATIP but not sure if that will help. I guess I will just have to wait and watch :(
You're not alone !

I'm still waiting too.. Got a passport stamps translation request in early Feb and a Fingerprint request in April..
Heard nothing back from them since them.. Had to cancel my vacation waiting..local office is Mississauga.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
You're not alone !

I'm still waiting too.. Got a passport stamps translation request in early Feb and a Fingerprint request in April..
Heard nothing back from them since them.. Had to cancel my vacation waiting..local office is Mississauga.
Add me to the list of those waiting for the test invite. :(Unlike you, I didn't receive any RQ/Fingerprint requests.
Scarbourough is my local office.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
I had my test, but I got fingerprint requests after the test, and the interviewing officer, also mentioned they they would request photocopies of my passport ( lots of travel ) but I still have not got the request for the passport photocopy in the mail yet ( they said to wait for it in the mail )

Lets see what happens...

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Anyone from Montreal here who have taken their test in May 2015? I did my test on May 22 and waiting on the oath invitation. Just curious to see if anybody who has taken the test around the same time has received their oath invitation already.Thanks in advance.

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
hello, how long does it take to renew the PR?

I applied to citizenship 8 months ago and still in process but my PR will expire.

do you think i renew or wait ?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
imadiq said:
Hello October Applicants,,

we started our journey together toward the citizenship,,, Yesterday we went through the ceremony at Scarborough office ,,, my family and I got the citizenship certificate ,,, it was different day,,, excited day when my kids did shake hands with the judge upon receiving the citizenship certificates and taking pictures with him,,,,

I hop that all of you get the citizenship soon ,,,, thanks for all of your help and support
Congratulations! could you please add your local office name to your signature so it can be better used as a reference?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Is there an Excel sheet that we can use for recording the stats?

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoClose said:
Is there an Excel sheet that we can use for recording the stats?
I cannot post the link of the Excel sheet, but if you go to page 30 of this discussion forum you can find Citizenship Global Spreadsheet link under a signature of Paco.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
SoClose said:
Anyone from Montreal here who have taken their test in May 2015? I did my test on May 22 and waiting on the oath invitation. Just curious to see if anybody who has taken the test around the same time has received their oath invitation already.Thanks in advance.
Hello Im from Montreal as well. I took the exam last MAY 15 and they told me in 6 weeks i will get an oath taking invitation but until now I havent got any letter or update to my ECAS. Is everyone from montreal waiting for oath ? Im also wondering why it took them so slow. ::)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello everyone! Last friday my ecas changed to Decision Made , then today the last line was WE SEND YOU A LETTER ON JULY 2. PLS CONSIDER DELAY BEFORE CONTACTING US. My question is Does anyone encounter like this? Because im not sure if this letter is oath taking that i have been waiting for 2 months now. Some of the thread here says there ecas changed to DM then stating that we send an oat taking letter on (date) and time. But with my status it just says we send a letter last july 2? Anyone? Thanks

Regards

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Skakeholder said:
Add me to the list of those waiting for the test invite. :(Unlike you, I didn't receive any RQ/Fingerprint requests.
Scarbourough is my local office.

Hi Skakeholder,my situation is the same like yours from January i didn't recievie anything and the only time i called the agent was very tough with me and refused
to tell me anything.
No RQ no finger print,my family PRC had been expired and i don't know to renew or not.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
sarezaei said:
I cannot post the link of the Excel sheet, but if you go to page 30 of this discussion forum you can find Citizenship Global Spreadsheet link under a signature of Paco.
Thanks for your response. I will do that!

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
PUZZLED said:
Hello Im from Montreal as well. I took the exam last MAY 15 and they told me in 6 weeks i will get an oath taking invitation but until now I havent got any letter or update to my ECAS. Is everyone from montreal waiting for oath ? I'm also wondering why it took them so slow. :)
Hello,

Thank you very much for responding to my question. When I had my test and interview they told me it will take 2-3 months!!!! and when I showed surprise, she said maximum 3 months. It is interesting that just one week after you they told me almost twice as long the time line. I did not think it could take this long :(