+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
johoja said:
Had my citizenship test today - that went okay. During interview , interviewing officer said that I had a lot of travel so they will need photocopies of my passport, and they will send me a letter requesting this.

Anyone here have this happen to them as well ? How much delay do you think that would cause.
congratulations on passing the test. They will most probably send you CIT0520 (or may be a generic letter)and it may delay the application for couple of months however, it may take more time depending upon who much time they will take to assess the entries/exits(stamps). Did you have many USA stamps?

mm1410 said:
Morning. This is my first post. I've reading this forum since my application in October

My timeline is:

1. Application on October 2014.

2. Started processing on December 2014.

3. File was transferred to the Calgary Office on December 2014.
:D
4. Notice to appear and write the citizenship test on June 2015 :D

MM1410
Congratulations. Study the "Discover Canada" Official book multiple times.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations on passing the test. They will most probably send you CIT0520 (or may be a generic letter)and it may delay the application for couple of months however, it may take more time depending upon who much time they will take to assess the entries/exits(stamps). Did you have many USA stamps?
Congratulations. Study the "Discover Canada" Official book multiple times.
Yeah - i have to travel to the USA for work quite a bit , in my PR Calculator form I had about ~33 travel entries with around ~30 being to the US. Hopefully it does not delay my Oath to long. :(

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Every body and congratulations to all how has their test invitations
I got a situation in my Ecas if any body can help me , i used to have 4 lines in my Ecas ,the 4Th line indicating that my file had been transferred to Scarborough office at Jan.19

From 2 days that line had been disappeared and only 3 lines left.

pls advise
thanks

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct20 said:
I got a situation in my Ecas if any body can help me , i used to have 4 lines in my Ecas ,the 4Th line indicating that my file had been transferred to Scarborough office at Jan.19

pls advise
thanks
It is just an update in the system. They are restoring the disappearing line and most people already have it back in their applications. Yours should be back soon too. Good luck

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct20 said:

pls advise
thanks
Hi Oct20,

I have the same situation in my Ecas.

maplesirop

Oct 16, 2014
Something is really going on. Why the transfer to local office is no longer there? Does that means it was never sent to local office or what?

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
maplesirop said:
Something is really going on. Why the transfer to local office is no longer there? Does that means it was never sent to local office or what?
No it has been transferred, most probably its a new "update" the CIC is implementing in line with enforcing the new Bill, this transferred line disappeared on my eCas too last Friday, some people got it back and some didn't.

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

Till now nothing changed. might it be that it disappeard without me noticing ?

:(

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Similar to my case, no changes since. :mad:
RHH said:
Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

Till now nothing changed. might it be that it disappeard without me noticing ?

:(

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys! I had test today and it was super easy 20/20.
Just one thing, don't rely too much on apps read the book twice and you will be safe.
Now waiting for Oath!

Apr 9, 2015
Were there lots of people in the test session? Did you also have an interview? If I'm not mistaking your file is in Ottawa?

lawabiden said:
Hey guys! I had test today and it was super easy 20/20.
Just one thing, don't rely too much on apps read the book twice and you will be safe.
Now waiting for Oath!

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radintahvildari said:
Were there lots of people in the test session? Did you also have an interview? If I'm not mistaking your file is in Ottawa?
Yes it was a short interview about my job and if I have relatives here. around 40 people.
and the agent told me the next step is oath and I will have the ceremony between 4-6 weeks.

Apr 9, 2015
Great! I submitted my file around your dates in October 2014. I received the RQ form in December from Ottawa office. Sent back the RQ form with supporting documents late January 2015 and haven't heard back from them yet! :(

lawabiden said:
Yes it was a short interview about my job and if I have relatives here. around 40 people.
and the agent told me the next step is oath and I will have the ceremony between 4-6 weeks.

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
radintahvildari said:
Great! I submitted my file around your dates in October 2014. I received the RQ form in December from Ottawa office. Sent back the RQ form with supporting documents late January 2015 and haven't heard back from them yet! :(
Same here;
Application Received: Oct 30
In process: Jan 7th
Passport translation: Jan 28th (sent back Feb 10th)
Transferred: March 5th
Fingerprints: April 10th (sent back April 20th)
And silence since then.. Frustrating !!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, just wanted to update that my journey is complete and E-CAS status is now showing "Complete".

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 3, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. You became a Canadian citizen on June 9, 2015.

I pray that all your journeys come to an end pretty soon too.