+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just came from Scarborough office after we did the test both my wife and I.

- Both we got 20/20 - it took only 3-4 minutes to finish the test . it was too easy but we did study hard for any unexpected surprises
- then we moved to other hall for interview . after only 10 minutes they called us. they checked our passports stamps , asked me what is your occupation here , also asked my wife about her volunteer job. also said you have everything completed in your file
- the officer was very pleasant and professional and told us to expect the oath letter in 2 months
- the interview took only 5- 10 minutes
- we arrived Scarborough office at 0800 and we was out at the parking by 0900

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
imadiq said:
I just came from Scarborough office after we did the test both my wife and I.

- Both we got 20/20 - it took only 3-4 minutes to finish the test . it was too easy but we did study hard for any unexpected surprises
- then we moved to other hall for interview . after only 10 minutes they called us. they checked our passports stamps , asked me what is your occupation here , also asked my wife about her volunteer job. also said you have everything completed in your file
- the officer was very pleasant and professional and told us to expect the oath letter in 2 months
- the interview took only 5- 10 minutes
- we arrived Scarborough office at 0800 and we was out at the parking by 0900
congratulations :)

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally some movement:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on December 30, 2014.

3. Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on January 15, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.

4. We sent you a notice on June 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 29, 2015 at 8:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

-------------------
Two bizarre things -- first is 8.03 AM? Not 8.00 AM or 8.05 AM but 8.03 AM

Second is that I am 57 years old, so why the test? I thought I'd be interview only. Unless the message is just a generic one.

Tony

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agp2176 said:
Finally some movement:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

3. Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on January 15, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.

4. We sent you a notice on June 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 29, 2015 at 8:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

-------------------

Second is that I am 57 years old, so why the test? I thought I'd be interview only. Unless the message is just a generic one.

Tony
Hey Tony,

It is actually reversed from what I understand, meaning that you should have the exam but not the interview.

The interview is to confirm that you have the basic knowledge of either English or French, and it is required for all applicants between 18 and 55.

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarezaei said:
Hey Tony,

It is actually reversed from what I understand, meaning that you should have the exam but not the interview.

The interview is to confirm that you have the basic knowledge of either English or French, and it is required for all applicants between 18 and 55.
And that's the point -- I'm 57, so I shouldn't have to take the test:

You must take the citizenship test if:

you are between the ages of 18 and 54 when you apply for citizenship
Interview is required for all

Tony

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
agp2176 said:
Finally some movement:

-------------------

Tony
Usually test invites have time like this. I think mine had "10:01"

Its a generic message i think.

People age 55 and above are exempted from the test, here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/55.asp

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
agp2176 said:
Finally some movement:

-------------------

Tony
The time is not bizarre. There are about eight groups of people in the pool, each divided by a minute on the invite for classification or other purposes known only to CIC. So, there's the 8:00 group, 8:01, ..., 8:07. I had 8:04, for instance; my partner had 10:07.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct20 said:
Congratulations
Thanks,
Wrote the test in 3 minutes, 20/20. super easy. Interview was short, she checked my passport and all stamps, asked couple of question about my family and told me to wait 4-6 weeks for the letter.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone - I appeared in Citizenship test on May 22nd and today my ecas status changed to Decision Made, but there is no line for Oath Letter or any other thing.

Anyone seen this before?

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
HIC2011 said:
Hello Everyone - I appeared in Citizenship test on May 22nd and today my ecas status changed to Decision Made, but there is no line for Oath Letter or any other thing.

Anyone seen this before?
:p dont worry you are not alone there is a thread Decision Made After test Join this

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yippe -- ;D -- got my interview letter today -- (don't need a test) -- 29 June in Surrey

Tony

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Had my citizenship test today - that went okay. During interview , interviewing officer said that I had a lot of travel so they will need photocopies of my passport, and they will send me a letter requesting this.

Anyone here have this happen to them as well ? How much delay do you think that would cause.

mm1410

Jun 5, 2015
Morning. This is my first post. I've reading this forum since my application in October

My timeline is:

1. Application on October 2014.

2. Started processing on December 2014.

3. File was transferred to the Calgary Office on December 2014.
:D
4. Notice to appear and write the citizenship test on June 2015 :D

MM1410