+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

lagos22

Jan 29, 2015
In my oath letter, they have printed the ceremony date incorrectly. The letter was dated May 20 and they put the ceremony date also as May 20. After that, they may have noticed the mistake and blackout the May 20 date and put a stamped date of June 2, 2015.

Does this happened to anyone here?

Also on ecas, it shows the following:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 8, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 5, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lagos22 said:
In my oath letter, they have printed the ceremony date incorrectly. The letter was dated May 20 and they put the ceremony date also as May 20. After that, they may have noticed the mistake and blackout the May 20 date and put a stamped date of June 2, 2015.

Does this happened to anyone here?

Also on ecas, it shows the following:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 8, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 5, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
congratulations, you are almost done :)

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
montreal applicant single file.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

till now no update :( do you think they can send me test without updating the ecas?

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Its already almost the end of May 2015... For this month, I haven't seen a lot of test invites coming from Scarborough or Mississauga from this group.... :( :( :( Why there seems to be a slow down???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RHH said:
montreal applicant single file.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

till now no update :( do you think they can send me test without updating the ecas?
Yes, it is pretty much possible.

The last line on my e-cas status states that my file was transferred to the local office and it is still there till date.

I have already given my test/interview and waiting for oath and e-cas never updated with test/interview invite information.

So, basically, you can't rely on e-cas all the time. If you have questions, call cic call centre and also keep monitoring your physical mailbox.

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi ind0canadian,

When you submitted your application, do you have the minimum number of physical presence days in Canada? Did you submit only the documents they requested or did you submit additional documents (e.g. pay stubs, etc.)? Did you travel a lot out of Canada in the last 4 years?
Hi Benk,

I have extra 4 months of physical presence than required number of days to be eligible in Canada for citizenship. I did supply everything they asked for nothing extra though. In last 4 years, I had frequent trips to US. I am not sure if this is delaying the process. My current passport is expiring and I don't know if this will affect anything in the interview. I hope I'll get to appear in the interview before my passport expires.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ind0canadian said:
Hi Benk,

I have extra 4 months of physical presence than required number of days to be eligible in Canada for citizenship. I did supply everything they asked for nothing extra though. In last 4 years, I had frequent trips to US. I am not sure if this is delaying the process. My current passport is expiring and I don't know if this will affect anything in the interview. I hope I'll get to appear in the interview before my passport expires.
Thanks, ind0canadian. I do hope we all hear from CIC soon about our test invites... It can be frustrating at times to not know when the test invites will come... Other than your frequent US trips, have you heard from others who applied around the same time as you and if they already received test invites? I have an office mate who applied early 2014 but still haven't gotten her test invites. Her LO is Scarborough. I am wondering what is stalling Scarborough office though...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline from Mississauga office.
Anyone knows what is the minimum waiting time for taking the Oath after the test ?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 7, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 3, 2015. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
ambient2 said:
Here is my timeline from Mississauga office.
Anyone knows what is the minimum waiting time for taking the Oath after the test ?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 7, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 3, 2015. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations