October 2014 Citizenship Applications

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
No I didn't call them after the test. But, what did the officer tell you at the interview? At the interview, the officer alluded that the RQ review is complete and returned to us extra documents. Not sure if I can trust that though.
My intw was very quick < 5mins. He just asked me what i do etc-, checked original passports and that's it.
I asked him if my RQ review had started yet and he said he was the one who was going to review my RQ. He had gone through the file once in the past 3 days. He was going to see my passport copies(in my file). He just checked if i had included them or not. That's all. While leaving, i asked him again if i should expect the oath in 2-4 months. He said yes, although not very enthusiastically. He was very nice to me and very strict with others before me whom he interviewed for longer.

I noticed that all the packages that the interviewers were opening were quite large, Maybe everyone in that batch was RQ case.

On Canada Day - July 1, they usually have about 50+ extra ceremonies apart from the regular scheduled ones. It is possible to get oath for that day if the RQ review is over and file is in line for oath by then.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Anyone still waiting for test invite from Scarborough from this group? Me still waiting..................... :(

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3- We started processing your application on January 12, 2015.

4- Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 14, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

5- We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
---------

I have a question: I had a change in my family name years before coming to Canada, and I submitted the corresponding documents with citizenship application. The letter that I received for test actually addressed me with my birth family name. Does anyone know if there is problem or have experience in similar cases?

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Everybody my file had been sent to Scarborough
Office at Jan.19 and till now no news
Any body in the same situation
What happened why they are slow like that.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sarezaei said:
1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3- We started processing your application on January 12, 2015.

4- Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 14, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

5- We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
---------

I have a question: I had a change in my family name years before coming to Canada, and I submitted the corresponding documents with citizenship application. The letter that I received for test actually addressed me with my birth family name. Does anyone know if there is problem or have experience in similar cases?
Do you have your birth name on your immigration documents like landing document and pr card?
Please tell what documents have your birth name and what documents have your new family name?
What exactly supporting documents you have submitted with your citizenship application?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lagos22 said:
Just got oath letter...letter dated may 20 and oath on june 2 at 13:00
Congratulations! Which office and when had you appeared for the test?

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Do you have your birth name on your immigration documents like landing document and pr card?
Please tell what documents have your birth name and what documents have your new family name?
What exactly supporting documents you have submitted with your citizenship application?
Basically I never used my birth name on any documents. It was a section both on immigration application form and citizenship application form for previous name, and I wrote that name there both times. For citizenship, I included a certified translation of my birth certificate as it has a section mentioning that my family name had changed with date and information. I never used my birth name as official name on any documents.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sarezaei said:
Basically I never used my birth name on any documents. It was a section both on immigration application form and citizenship application form for previous name, and I wrote that name there both times. For citizenship, I included a certified translation of my birth certificate as it has a section mentioning that my family name had changed with date and information. I never used my birth name as official name on any documents.
Just to confirm that your PR card and landing paper has your new family name and you have received letter to appear for the test mentioning your birth family name, correct?

What name do you see when you access e-cas online to check status of your application?

Please contact CIC call centre at 1-888-242-2100 and consult them regarding this issue.

lagos22

Jan 29, 2015
garian4u said:
Congratulations! Which office and when had you appeared for the test?
I wrote the test on March 12 in Scarborough.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 8, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 5, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Just to confirm that your PR card and landing paper has your new family name and you have received letter to appear for the test mentioning your birth family name, correct?

What name do you see when you access e-cas online to check status of your application?

Please contact CIC call centre at 1-888-242-2100 and consult them regarding this issue.
Correct. On my landing paper, PR card, even originally on my student visa/study permit and work visa/work permit it had been always been my new name. ECAS also has my new name, they only put my old name on the test invitation letter. I don't know could it be a regular thing that they are doing? I will call them. Thx.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
Hi Guys,

If anyone could advice me on the citizenship application process, I will really appreciate it. Got my PR in Sept 2013. How many days do I need to be In Canada to be eligible to apply for citizenship. I am kinda confused about this. I got here in Jan 2007 on a work permit. Got PR in 2013 Sept. I might have been out of Canada for maybe 40 days from 2007 till 2015. Can anyone share the application process. How long is it taking for them to give you the citizenship. Also is there an interview to get the citizenship? please help me understaqnd the overall process. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.