+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Kilimandjaro said:
GUYS!!!

GOOD NEWS! I JUST RECEIVED THE PINK LETTER!!! INVITATION TO TAKE OATH IN SCARBOUROUGH ON MAY 21, 2015!

WOW, THAT WAS FAST! I PASSED THE TEST AND INTERVIEW ON APRIL 28TH AND I FEEL LUCKY WHEN I KNOW MANY WHO PASSED THE TEST BEFORE ME ARE STILL EXPECTING THE OATH LETTER! HANG ON THERE! YOURS IS COMING SOON!

I APPLIED IN OCTOBER 2014.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!

CHEERS
Congratulations!!! :)

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
Citizenship ceremony 29th May Vancouver. I just received the oath letter yesterday. Finally Done. I attended the test on 3rd March.

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
garian4u said:
Congratulations. I have a Yellow colour invite as well for Scarborough, test is scheduled for 14th May.
Congrats. Make sure you read Discover Canada booklet. My wife and I we just read it for 3 days and we got 19 and 18.
you can additionally do some on your smartphone with some free apps.

Wish you the best.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijaysenan said:
Congrats. Make sure you read Discover Canada booklet. My wife and I we just read it for 3 days and we got 19 and 18.
you can additionally do some on your smartphone with some free apps.

Wish you the best.
Thanks a lot vijaysenan. Very excited and nervous.

SALASTOR

Sep 18, 2014
Hello

Still waiting for the oath letter

I just called this morning but no luck , the lady did not even check my application status she just said that this normal and I have to wait till 6 months before calling them if I did not get the oath invitation letter . I feel there is no rational in this schedule .

Any advice

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is now a Mississauga Spreadsheet tracker.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vJUMhn8aXYriCjVjvmH4nXlypYT4GyqU5Nb78fPjOLg/edit?pli=1#gid=0

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough. Both I and my wife got 19/20. At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada).

Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places.

Has this happened with others - i.e. return of documents?

Also, I believe londonOntario had his test at the same time as mine. Any updates from your side dude?

From my side, I can share that there were a lot of people in the test who were RQ cases (don't know if all were RQ cases or not). So, some of them had submitted their applications in July. Anyways, test questions were decent, but some of them were a little bit indirect. Reading Discover Canada 2-3 times is a must. I read it only once and hence faltered on 3 questions (ending up making 1 mistake and 2 correct guesses).

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough. Both I and my wife got 19/20. At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada).

Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places.

Also, I believe londonOntario had his test at the same time as mine. Any updates from your side dude?

From my side, I can share that there were a lot of people in the test who were RQ cases (don't know if all were RQ cases or not). So, some of them had submitted their applications in July. Anyways, test questions were decent, but some of them were a little bit indirect. Reading Discover Canada 2-3 times is a must. I read it only once and hence faltered on 3 questions (ending up making 1 mistake and 2 correct guesses).

Hi Gurian4u,
Great news buddy. Very big congratulations. More hope we are getting here especially RQ honored group. One of the thing that I can’t understand is that in the case of Chikloo, the officer after the interview informed him that the review of RQ will start and that what it took him few months until he got the Oath. Here the case is different. You had to wait for few months until the test. 2-4 moths for the oath is a standard response for non RQ cases. I understand that your RQ review is over… All what I understand that No consistency in CIC process… I don’t care as long as they process faster….
Hopefully you will get the Oath in the next few weeks….

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
garian4u said:

congratulations for passing the test.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haven't been on the forum for a while now and here is my updated status:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 20, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on May 6, 2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rednwhite said:
Haven't been on the forum for a while now and here is my updated status:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 20, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on May 6, 2015
Congratulations :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello Everyone! well i just took the test today in Montreal at 8:15am. Scored 19/20 finally i can breath now...omg! :D We are the first batch for today around 100 persons and saw the second batch for 9:15 exam as well. Please take the time to study the discovery guide book because the questions seems very tricky but thanks God i passed :). After the exam we waited for our interview with the judge. It seems pretty fast because there are like 6 judges sitting and randomly getting each files. I was called by a gentleman which im ready to hand in all my requirements but he didnt even see all the documents on my hands, just he asked few questions about my country of citizenship and checked my residency calculator based on my passport if it matches and thats it. He told me Congratulations you will receive a letter within 3-5 weeks for Oath taking ceremony and you must attend or else you will not get your citizenship. All in all the process is fast i was out of the building within 1 and half hours. For all members who are still waiting for the test just hold on your time will come .. Keep you posted guys once i got the letter for oath. Thanks everyone!! Congratulations to those who passed their exam and those who took the oath taking. Cheers.. :D ;) :)