+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kilimandjaro said:
Guys,

I took my test this morning in Scarborough, and then I went in for the interview with a kind lady officer who told me it was her first day interviewing people....

She congratulated me for a perfect score (20/20).

She asked me if I was still working, if I have ever been convicted, etc...

She checked documents. I told her I had my CBSA report with me, and then she said she has it too. She matched the dates each time she found what she wanted, she nodded and ticked (✓) Sign on my residency calculator. I provided translations for the chinese stamps in my passport, but she didn't bother reading them, she just put them in my file and wrote : Translations provided.

Then she told me that I will receive a letter with the color different of that of the test invitation to attend the oath ceremony in about 2 to 3 months at the same location but on the other side of the building and that an officer will be there to assist me should I have any question about the Oath of Citizenship. I then asked : So the next step is oath? She said: Yes...

And she walked me out of the office to call the next person.

Now waiting to cross the last step!

Good luck to all of us!
congratulations. I have similar experience. :)

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
lilbabu said:
Congrats on passing the exam! I have a question regarding the Chinese stamps. I have a few on my passport as well, do you think I need to translate them all or do I just need to translate the ones within the relevant period?
Hi lilbabu,

I actually translated all the Chinese stamps in my passport even those outside the 4 years period but i think it is up to you. I think they actually check only anything relevant in the 4 years period. But i translated all of mine.

Regards and good luck

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
icemwaahh said:
guys, Ive been reading on this forum and had encountered RQ several times already. What is RQ (questionmark) something is wrong with my keyboard :( Thanks!
Its called Residence Questionnaire:

Please check the following website for more info:

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/about-2/rq-faq/

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lilbabu said:
Congrats on passing the exam! I have a question regarding the Chinese stamps. I have a few on my passport as well, do you think I need to translate them all or do I just need to translate the ones within the relevant period?
You should get all stamps translated regardless of relevant period because that's how the cic officer will come to know about the stamp and its date.

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Kilimandjaro!

We went to Rainbow bridge to find out about the "Hamilton" Stamp which was stamped on both of our passports and the CBSA officer there told us that on that particular day, the Hamilton Airport staff was on duty at Rainbow Bridge and they always bring their own stamps where they have their shift work. He also confirmed our entry at Rainbow bridge on that particular date. I wondered why the immigration officer who was interviewing my spouse didn't know that. He just delayed the whole process by another month or so until we submit US records. He also said that he doesn't need CBSA records as he is having them already. It should have been mentioned on the CBSA report itself.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
Thank you guys :)

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test couple of days back in Scarborough Center...

My two cent advice on preparation for test is that read Discover Canada at least one time and review at http://citizenshipcounts.ca site ... Practice Practice Practice online test exams on Richmond Library, apnatoronto, v-soul and http://citizenshipcounts.ca till you almost memorize and start scoring 99% - 100%... You would also gain confidence...

Exam is surely from Discover Canada Book but tests your knowledge and understanding of the topics instead of memorized questions from online test sites...

For example, to go across Canada from East to West which provinces you pass... with options of 4-5 provinces... if you do not know the Page 45 of book and which province/territory in next to what, you will not be able to answer right.

Questions are Multiple Choice, True/False and Fill in sentence... There will always be one question, which you will have doubt on... do not worry... you just have to score 15 out of 20.

You can easily score 18-19-20...

Interview staff was very friendly... went over travel history, conversation about job... family... places lived... review IDs, Travel Documents etc... It is case to case discussion... you know your application the best in addition to your information provided... I am even self-employed... but demonstrated song ties with Canada...

Overall, good experience from arrival to departure... very friendly receptionist guy... asked him about colour of Test Invite Paper... He mentioned it is just time of test in the day... We all had BLUE paper, second test time people had YELLOW invite papers

Good Luck to every one...

Wait started for PINK paper

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I had a test invite and was white, I do not know about the blue colour?
Medigol

mjm said:
I had my test couple of days back in Scarborough Center...

My two cent advice on preparation for test is that read Discover Canada at least one time and review at http://citizenshipcounts.ca site ... Practice Practice Practice online test exams on Richmond Library, apnatoronto, v-soul and http://citizenshipcounts.ca till you almost memorize and start scoring 99% - 100%... You would also gain confidence...

Exam is surely from Discover Canada Book but tests your knowledge and understanding of the topics instead of memorized questions from online test sites...

For example, to go across Canada from East to West which provinces you pass... with options of 4-5 provinces... if you do not know the Page 45 of book and which province/territory in next to what, you will not be able to answer right.

Questions are Multiple Choice, True/False and Fill in sentence... There will always be one question, which you will have doubt on... do not worry... you just have to score 15 out of 20.

You can easily score 18-19-20...

Interview staff was very friendly... went over travel history, conversation about job... family... places lived... review IDs, Travel Documents etc... It is case to case discussion... you know your application the best in addition to your information provided... I am even self-employed... but demonstrated song ties with Canada...

Overall, good experience from arrival to departure... very friendly receptionist guy... asked him about colour of Test Invite Paper... He mentioned it is just time of test in the day... We all had BLUE paper, second test time people had YELLOW invite papers

Good Luck to every one...

Wait started for PINK paper

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi roswell1976,

Am also waiting for my test date. Applied Oct/Nov 2014... Until now, still IP and waiting for test date.

benk
Benk and Roswell1976,

I think it depends on which local office you file is at. From what I saw on the forum the timelines really differ from office to office across the country. I would recommend looking at timelines of other applicants in your local office who applied earlier in 2014.
An example from Ottawa office I observed: in the end of April an August applicant had a test. Very recently a September applicant received a test invite for early May. One would speculate then, that October/November applicants from Ottawa should have a test invite in June/Jule...
But that's just a guess on my part though :) I don't think anyone can tell you with certainty when the test invite will arrive. Just keep studying and be ready!

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
OrangeCup said:
Benk and Roswell1976,

I think it depends on which local office you file is at. From what I saw on the forum the timelines really differ from office to office across the country. I would recommend looking at timelines of other applicants in your local office who applied earlier in 2014.
An example from Ottawa office I observed: in the end of April an August applicant had a test. Very recently a September applicant received a test invite for early May. One would speculate then, that October/November applicants from Ottawa should have a test invite in June/Jule...
But that's just a guess on my part though :) I don't think anyone can tell you with certainty when the test invite will arrive. Just keep studying and be ready!
Thanks OrangeCup. Well you are right, what we can do for now is study and be ready. :)

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
Just took my test today in Halifax, scored 20/20. The questions are not difficult, but you would definitely need to read the Discover Canada Guide to know all the answers.
The interview was smooth too. I was told it could be a few weeks before I get an oath invitation.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hi Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2014 applicants,

Any new test invites or oath invites? Seems like everything is very quite nowadays... :(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KrisinNS said:
Just took my test today in Halifax, scored 20/20. The questions are not difficult, but you would definitely need to read the Discover Canada Guide to know all the answers.
The interview was smooth too. I was told it could be a few weeks before I get an oath invitation.
congratulations!!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello everyone!! I just got a Notice to appear to write a citizenship test on MAY 15 at 8:00am . I'm from Montreal. That would be next week and i havent read anything yet! ??? So anyone from Montreal see you guys on the exam date. Goodluck to everyone!