+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
KrisinNS said:
I got my notice to appear for the Citizenship test today! It sure was nice to see the brown envelop waiting for me in my mailbox! ;D
Hi KrisinNS,

How about your online status? Were there any change on your online status in addition to the actual notice to appear for test?

benk

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
benk said:
Hi KrisinNS,

How about your online status? Were there any change on your online status in addition to the actual notice to appear for test?

benk
Yes, my ecas was updated with a line saying that a letter was sent to me inviting me to appear for the test, and that if I did not receive it before the test date, I should contact CIC. The update was done within the last two days, because when I checked my ecas two days ago, there was no update then.

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Mainagui said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 7, 2015.

We sent you a letter on January 28, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 5, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

We sent you a letter on April 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I received my fingerprints request from St Claire's office is that how it should be? I thought it should be coming from Mississauga?
I've just sent them back today.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ind0canadian said:
my spouse did at Mississauga office.
Hi Ind0canadian,

Did you and your wife submit your application together or separately? Also, do you know why your appl got assigned to Scarborough while your wife got assigned to Mississauga? Thanks.

benk

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi Ind0canadian,

Did you and your wife submit your application together or separately? Also, do you know why your appl got assigned to Scarborough while your wife got assigned to Mississauga? Thanks.

benk
we submitted our application separately as I was eligible for my citizenship 5 months before my spouse. We were hearing rumours about citizenship rules being changed so we decided that one should file the application as soon as one qualifies. Unfortunately, I missed a section on my application and it was returned and ultimately, the whole process took so long for me that my spouse already had the test and interview from Mississauga and mine is stuck at Scarborough.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Hi Ind0canadian,

when your wife applied ? could you give us the date for transfering to Mississauga as well?

Medigol

ind0canadian said:
we submitted our application separately as I was eligible for my citizenship 5 months before my spouse. We were hearing rumours about citizenship rules being changed so we decided that one should file the application as soon as one qualifies. Unfortunately, I missed a section on my application and it was returned and ultimately, the whole process took so long for me that my spouse already had the test and interview from Mississauga and mine is stuck at Scarborough.

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

JUST RECEIVED THE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY....IT'S BLUE IN COLOUR AND THE CEREMONY IS AT HMCS YORK, 659 LAKESHORE BLVD WEST.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! :)

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Canstar said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

JUST RECEIVED THE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY....IT'S BLUE IN COLOUR AND THE CEREMONY IS AT HMCS YORK, 659 LAKESHORE BLVD WEST.

WOOWWW CONGRATS Canstar!! So they sent you your oath invite Just TWO DAYS after your test? Fabulous! Tell me, your local office was Scarborough right? And you will be taking oath in another location? Fabulous! I am writing my test on Tuesday April 28 in Scarborough. How i wish i had the same scenario like yours!! ;)

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Hi Ind0canadian,

when your wife applied ? could you give us the date for transfering to Mississauga as well?

Medigol

My spouse applied in the last week of August, 2014. It was never mentioned in my spouse's Ecas that the file was transferred to Mississauga. We only found out that it is in Mississauga when the test invite came.

The interview for my spouse was an hour and a half long. The officer had a doubt about one stamp on the passport at rainbow bridge which said HAMILTON instead of rainbow bridge. He gave 30 days time to submit the proof that we crossed the rainbow bridge and not landed at Hamilton airport. We are in the process of getting proofs from US side so that we can submit it. I'll be facing the same problem when they interview me.

P.S. He also had concerns that why we both didn't apply at the same time :(

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canstar said:
Citizenship

congratulations! that was fast :)

I had my exam 13th of April and was told that I will hear from them in about 2 to 4 months for the oath taking. I wish to hear from them soon.

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ind0canadian said:
my spouse did at Mississauga office.
was just curious if the officer who interviewed her gave her a time frame as to when she will be contacted for oath taking?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canstar said:
Citizenship

congratulations... stay blessed!

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Kilimandjaro said:
WOOWWW CONGRATS Canstar!! So they sent you your oath invite Just TWO DAYS after your test? Fabulous! Tell me, your local office was Scarborough right? And you will be taking oath in another location? Fabulous! I am writing my test on Tuesday April 28 in Scarborough. How i wish i had the same scenario like yours!! ;)
Yes Kilimandjaro, my local office is Scarborough. I took the citizenship test there and was surprised to receive the invitation letter for Oath, at another venue which happens to be some naval base/office of Govt of Canada. Anyway the venue works for me, as it's closer to downtown Toronto.

Wish you luck for your citizenship test!!!