+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Canstar said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
CONGRATS! WHAT IS YOUR LOCAL OFFICE?

TheSir

May 31, 2012
Somebody told me that although we're able apply for citizenship taking into account the time we were here before getting PR, However, CIC will not grant the citizenship before three years after PR. I'm wondering if this is the reason for delay in the application of some people like me.

BTW, my timeline is:
- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.
- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 10, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- We started processing your application on January 15, 2015.
- We sent you a letter on January 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- Your file was transferred to the London office on March 3, 2015. The London office will contact you.

Now, waiting for the exam. Any body from London office here?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear medGOL
Almost 4 October applicants from Mississauga office appeared in test & got oth also. Nov batch mostly transferred to Scarbrough & December applicants are in Mississauga & Scarbrough office almost equally as per statistics in sheets.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Ar_Fabrics,

4 applicant could not show anything when 100 is behind that, But if you see the Scarborough most of them are already received the test letter but Mississauga still working on the September applicant.

ar_fabrics said:
Dear medGOL
Almost 4 October applicants from Mississauga office appeared in test & got oth also. Nov batch mostly transferred to Scarbrough & December applicants are in Mississauga & Scarbrough office almost equally as per statistics in sheets.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Ar_Fabrics,

4 applicant could not show anything when 100 is behind that, But if you see the Scarborough most of them are already received the test letter but Mississauga still working on the September applicant.
As in October sheet there are 7 applicants with Mississauga office 4 got oth & 1 got finger print request & 2 got RQ. So I think not a bad progress.

juannie

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canstar said:

When is your file being transfer to Scarborough office?

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Canstar said:
Its Scarborough!!
Congrats friend! Now i am convinced there is a problem with my application. I applied before you, we have the same local office, Scarborough, but yet i haven't heard anything, they haven't even ask for additional docs. :(

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Kilimandjaro said:
Congrats friend! Now i am convinced there is a problem with my application. I applied before you, we have the same local office, Scarborough, but yet i haven't heard anything, they haven't even ask for additional docs. :(
The speed of processing for my application increased after I made a request for Access to Information...maybe you wanna try the same for some luck? :)

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Canstar said:
The speed of processing for my application increased after I made a request for Access to Information...maybe you wanna try the same for some luck? :)
Thanks Canstar, I have just made a request for Access to Information and paid $5 for processing? How long does it take to have a response?

Thanks!

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
October applicant here as well. My ecas status so far :

1. Application received: October 23, 2014.

2. AOR received: December 5, 2014.

3. In Process: January 7, 2015.

4. File transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office: January 13, 2015.

I haven't heard anything from Scarborough office yet.

P.S. My friend applied at the same time whose file never got transferred and got test request in March 2015 from Mississauga. He couldn't appear for the test as he was out of country but he got another request for test in next 15 days.

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
hello they received my file on 10-October-2014
and it is in process since 13 March. not yet sent to Montreal. wonder when it will move..