+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
:'( :-*

aeb

Feb 17, 2015
Sharing my timeline:

Sent: October 29, 2014
Received: November 3, 2014
AOR: January 24, 2015
In-process: February 9, 2015
Transfered to Nearest Office: February 19, 2015

any idea what happens after?

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeb said:
Sharing my timeline:

Sent: October 29, 2014
Received: November 3, 2014
AOR: January 24, 2015
In-process: February 9, 2015
Transfered to Nearest Office: February 19, 2015

any idea what happens after?
your case is moving with astounding speed. congrats. next is test invitation in 2-3 weeks depending on local office. you should be very happy with this fast progres

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Hey

Anyone here in Ottawa? How long does it take usually after transferred to local office to get test invite I'm close to a month now since it got transferred - and no invite or news yet

roswell1976

Feb 23, 2015
Hi Citizenship Friends

Sharing my timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 16, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

According to my timeline, it did not state that the office will send me the Discover Canada booklet.

Do you think my documents are all ok?

Any idea what happens next?

Thanks

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
roswell1976 said:
Hi Citizenship Friends

Sharing my timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 16, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

According to my timeline, it did not state that the office will send me the Discover Canada booklet.

Thanks
I've got same time line as you. I think Ottawa office is slow.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
roswell1976 said:
Hi Citizenship Friends

Sharing my timeline:

Thanks

I am a September 2014 applicant . My son who applied at the same time , received a mail AOR along with a Discover Canada book , whereas I received an email AOR .My ecas is exactly the same as yours however , his shows that CIC send Discover Canada book to him with the AOR .So I believe email AOR applicants wont receive Discover Canada book . They need to download it from the link send by CIC .

thanks

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roswell1976 said:
Hi Citizenship Friends

Sharing my timeline:

Thanks
There should be a link to the Discover Canada booklet in the AOR letter that you received by email. They only send the booklet if you receive the letter by mail.

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
Got test notification yesterday. Letter dated 18/Feb. Test date - 9/Mar/2015 @ scarborough town center.

timeline:
appliction received - 9/Oct/2014
email AOR - 6/Jan/2015
in Process - 10/Jan/2015
tranferred - 30/Jan/2015

aeb

Feb 17, 2015
Now my ecas specifically mentions Edmonton as my visa office, last week, when it first appeared, it only says "nearest office".

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Guys,

My Ecas was not showing my local office, I Just Called CIC and was told my file was transferred to Scarborough office and that my application appears to be a ROUTINE application ( I really hope so, so that i can avoid RQ). I was told file is under process and Scarborough office will contact me. I live in Brampton.

I just hope that Scarborough office will continue to be fast as i have read on this forum and that i will get the test invite and why not the oath invite soon.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck to all of us.

Timeline:

Application received in Sydney: Oct 6 2014
AOR received by mail plus Discover Canada: Dec 12 2014
Local office: Scarborough