+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Local office???

srinivas.vadapalli said:
So finally some good news.

In comes the anticipated brown envelope with the good news. Test Date is on 24th February, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Now the fun part, studying for the exam.

Only confusion now is if the oath will be the same date or sometime later so i can plan accordingly to have my guest informed.

Good luck for the rest of you all....Study time :D

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:

In comes the anticipated brown envelope with the good news. Test Date is on 24th February, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Only confusion now is if the oath will be the same date or sometime later so i can plan accordingly to have my guest informed.

Depending on your local office I think.I heard that Mississauga have the same day oath ceremony.

I did my test today at the Scarborough Town Centre location and got an oath letter right after the interview for a ceremony 3 weeks from now. I am a September applicant.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlre said:
Depending on your local office I think.I heard that Mississauga have the same day oath ceremony.

I did my test today at the Scarborough Town Centre location and got an oath letter right after the interview for a ceremony 3 weeks from now. I am a September applicant.
Hey...how long u had to wait for citizenship test?

I am also a scarborough resident and my file just got transferred to local office

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HIC2011 said:
Hey...how long u had to wait for citizenship test?

I am also a scarborough resident and my file just got transferred to local office
Not very long. I got my AOR in the mail around December 1. Got my test notice on Jan. 26, 2015 so about two weeks before my test.

You can refer to my timeline below for details.

Good luck on yours.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
dlre said:

My local office is infact Mississauga but i havent had anything mentioned in the letter about the same day oath ceremony unless it is more of a granted thing.

I will have the guest on standby just in case. In my case exam is at 12:45 pm. Assuming people have complete 30 mins for the exam, approximately what time would be the gap between the oath and the test?

How did your exam go. Was it ok , easy or little tough?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:

Congrats Srinivas

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
At this "early" stage just wait patiently. Do you know what might have triggered the RQ?
Don't really know. Have tried speculating on a few causes but have been told by others that the same reasons did not cause RQ for other applicants.

I have more than 4 months of travel outside Canada in the last 4 years. 1 of the 4 years I was working in the US on work permit. My wife was a homemaker for 2 of those years and has 5 months of travel outside Canada after landing. We changed addresses 3 months before applying. God knows which of these triggered the RQ.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks for sharing !!! Appreciate it.

garian4u said:
Don't really know. Have tried speculating on a few causes but have been told by others that the same reasons did not cause RQ for other applicants.

I have more than 4 months of travel outside Canada in the last 4 years. 1 of the 4 years I was working in the US on work permit. My wife was a homemaker for 2 of those years and has 5 months of travel outside Canada after landing. We changed addresses 3 months before applying. God knows which of these triggered the RQ.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
My local office is infact Mississauga but i havent had anything mentioned in the letter about the same day oath ceremony unless it is more of a granted thing.

I will have the guest on standby just in case. In my case exam is at 12:45 pm. Assuming people have complete 30 mins for the exam, approximately what time would be the gap between the oath and the test?

How did your exam go. Was it ok , easy or little tough?
Congrats!
Whether you get the oath invitation letter on your test day will be a surprise. But whether you will actually have the oath ceremony on your test day, if passed, will be mentioned in your test invitation letter. This is what people who had the same experience (all from montreal?) posted

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
rednwhite said:
Congrats!
Whether you get the oath invitation letter on your test day will be a surprise. But whether you will actually have the oath ceremony on your test day, if passed, will be mentioned in your test invitation letter. This is what people who had the same experience (all from montreal?) posted
Thanks rednwhite.

I hope its on a different date as i need to have my better half to be present.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
rednwhite said:
Congrats!
You are right, they include an additional page with test notice, mentioning about expected longer stays for ceremony afterwards.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
You are right, they include an additional page with test notice, mentioning about expected longer stays for ceremony afterwards.
I wouldn't mind the longer stay. I would see this page as a notice to get dressed for the picture ;D