October 2014 Citizenship Applications

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I applied for Citizenship in October received acknowledgement on Jan 17th..

Anyone in this thread from Downtown Toronto?

Thanks.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HIC2011 said:
Hello Everyone,

I applied for Citizenship in October received acknowledgement on Jan 17th..

Anyone in this thread from Downtown Toronto?

Thanks.
I am.

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
andyhuhero said:
I called cic today cuz i wanted to check whether my case had been transferred to local office. My ECAS is stuck at IP status. i thought at least it would show the local office information. But I am so surprised and happy that they told me CIC had already sent the test inform letter to me on Jan 30th. The letter will arrive in 10 business days. They also told me that my test date was arranged on March 3rd. I intended to ask for more information. They told me to wait for the test inform letter patiently and i would be able to know all the test details from the letter.
i finally received the test invitation letter on Friday

Here is timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 2, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

AOR (discover canada) via post received on 12th Dec

Test invitation received: Feb 6th

Test date: March 3rd

Test location: Vancouver

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andyhuhero said:
i finally received the test invitation letter on Friday

Here is timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 2, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

AOR (discover canada) via post received on 12th Dec

Test invitation received: Feb 6th

Test date: March 3rd

Test location: Vancouver
Congrats andyhuhero my E-CAS is stuck at in-process since Nov 14 too although I got an RQ in between. But it has been close to 6 weeks that I have responded to the RQ. Any suggestions for me? Should I try calling the CIC or just wait patiently?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
garian4u said:
Congrats andyhuhero my E-CAS is stuck at in-process since Nov 14 too although I got an RQ in between. But it has been close to 6 weeks that I have responded to the RQ. Any suggestions for me? Should I try calling the CIC or just wait patiently?
At this "early" stage just wait patiently. Do you know what might have triggered the RQ?

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I applied for citizenship Oct 31 and received AOR Jan 21st. So far I can't see anything on my ECAS, There is not any kind of update. Any idea? :(

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
Hey guys, I applied for citizenship Oct 31 and received AOR Jan 21st. So far I can't see anything on my ECAS, There is not any kind of update. Any idea? :(
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The most important thing is having the physical documents

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
Can you be more precise, can you login or no ? do you see your name + address only after login ?

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Can you be more precise, can you login or no ? do you see your name + address only after login ?
Here is what I see when I try to login

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lawabiden said:
Here is what I see when I try to login

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"
Try using your Client ID number which is mentioned on the front of PR card with numbers xxxx-xxxx or try using PR card number which is on the back of PR card.
Try entering your correct last name, date of birth and country of birth

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
HI All

I First sent my application on October 17th.
Returned back due to one small error( forgot to put a tick)
Resent on December 4th. 2014

Today Feb 9th I received my AOR. Wifes did not come as i made a mistake in the email id. I called CIC and they said they resend her AOR.

Now waiting for test invitation to Test.

Thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update on our case. My wife called CIC today and asked about her file. The agent told her that her file was transferred to Scarborough on 21st Jan for RQ review. He would not tell her about my file and asked for a consent form to be filled first. Our case was Family. No information on Test date or next steps

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
So finally some good news.

In comes the anticipated brown envelope with the good news. Test Date is on 24th February, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Now the fun part, studying for the exam.

Only confusion now is if the oath will be the same date or sometime later so i can plan accordingly to have my guest informed.

Good luck for the rest of you all....Study time :D