+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got Fingerprint request on Friday dated (mid Jan).

Done today...

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Here are my stats:

Document at CIC: Oct. 23, 2014
AOR in mail: Dec. 10, 2014
Starting Process: Jan. 12, 2015
File transferred to Scarborough: Jan. 14, 2015

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12-04 Sent out AOR,.

12-16 received AOR from CIC in mail and the book.

12-19 ECAS activated, status received

01-07 Status In process

01-23 transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarezaei said:
Hey guys,

Here are my stats:

Document at CIC: Oct. 23, 2014
AOR in mail: Dec. 10, 2014
Starting Process: Jan. 12, 2015
File transferred to Scarborough: Jan. 14, 2015
Congratulations !!
It took such a short time to transfer to local office after starting processing the application ..
Is this always the case ?

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
I'm planning for a trip and I'm hesitant because I don't know how "fast" the processing is right now.
What's the average no. of weeks/months between the transfer to the local office to the test date? I know that it may vary, but just would like to know if there's a sensible baseline.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatspine said:
I'm planning for a trip and I'm hesitant because I don't know how "fast" the processing is right now.
What's the average no. of weeks/months between the transfer to the local office to the test date? I know that it may vary, but just would like to know if there's a sensible baseline.
It varies between locations. I think Scarborough has the fastest processing time. I have seen 3weeks, 4 weeks and mostly 8 weeks. So if you are in a region with slow processing time, I'll say at least 8 weeks.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
WTF is going on with Mississauga CIC :mad: . My application has been in "In Transit" status since Dec 3.

Sydney CIC doesnt have a clue whats happening with mississauga and repeatedly assures its 'ok' and its 'normal'

Cant understand why and how CIC personnel has multiple processes with each person following their own way of doing things as opposed to unified process.

Well, congratulations for those who got their test date and good luck for the rest of us.

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Congratulations !!
It took such a short time to transfer to local office after starting processing the application ..
Is this always the case ?
I am not sure, but I agree it moved quite fast from Sydny to Scarbrought. Hope it goes this fast for next step :D

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
WTF is going on with Mississauga CIC :mad: . My application has been in "In Transit" status since Dec 3.

Sydney CIC doesnt have a clue whats happening with mississauga and repeatedly assures its 'ok' and its 'normal'

Cant understand why and how CIC personnel has multiple processes with each person following their own way of doing things as opposed to unified process.

Well, congratulations for those who got their test date and good luck for the rest of us.
"In Transit" really ? or do you mean in process but not transfered to local office yet ?

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just called CIC "again". They said they are still processing late October applicants, so suggested I wait a month or so before contacting them again :S
I guess I don't have a choice :p
Wish me luck !

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Paco said:
"In Transit" really ? or do you mean in process but not transfered to local office yet ?
Thats true. Been in "In Transit" status since Dec 3

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
did you have these kind of information on your ECAS by any chance? im waiting for their letter and i am worried that i got RQ. If you had the same thing then it would be a relief....

Thanks

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2014.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We sent you a letter on January 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

mjm said:
Got Fingerprint request on Friday dated (mid Jan).

Done today...

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Update:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 20, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 28, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:

Hi Srinivas.vadapalli,

I understand your frustration with what seems to be a never ending immigration process, But the one thing I would advise re: CIC agents is to always take the info they provide with a grain of salt, and conduct your own observations also.

I have come to understand that the information given by CIC agents for the most part is very general, and is really only meant to relax applicants.(one is very lucky when you manage to get an agent on the line who is even willing to go away and look into your file)

That said, Many August and September applicants took a minimum of 1-2 months from in process for file to be transferred to local office.
but once they did they would get updates or notices around December -January.

P.s Some applicants have seen some progress so far, while others are also still waiting, those of us who got received lines disappearing earlier on in the process, are some of the ones who are still waiting till now.

I understand that since August the 1st, the new processing model kicked in and back logs are decreasing everyday, so the closer an application is towards the end of the year the quicker it will appear to be processed, so others who applied after you will appear to be getting some movement quicker.

In my case: I applied at the very end of August and my application appears to be processing in line with other September applicants timelines,
to the extent that I also got a finger print request the same week other September applicants received them, I suspect there may be batch processing going on, or some applicants may just have the same Citizenship official.
Taking into consideration that you applied October 1st, it is possible that you are also being processed in line with September's applicants, as opposed to October's. But this is just my opinion based on my observation.

P.s. please do not be too dismayed, when dealing with CIC a lot of patience is required.
The only thing we can do is just be happy for those applicants who have made it to the finish line, and send positive energy towards our own cases.
(I believe you will hear something new within the next month or so)

All the best ....Have a great Sunday!

TheSir

May 31, 2012
Mine is almost the same. What did they ask you on the letter sent on January 26? Was it just for Finger Print?

IRCANADA said:
Hey,
did you have these kind of information on your ECAS by any chance? im waiting for their letter and i am worried that i got RQ. If you had the same thing then it would be a relief....

Thanks

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2014.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We sent you a letter on January 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.