+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maplesirop said:
Hello October applicants!

Today I called CIC hoping to find some info about my application which was delivered to CIC at Oct 16. The agent told me that she could not find any information for me and suggested that I file and mail new application. She says probably my application is lost or was sent back to me and I did not receive it.

I am so confused and do not know what to do.

Anyone from Montreal October applicants do you have any AOR or anything from CIC? Please respond.
this is standard answer by CIC. AOR usually takes 1-4 months. I would suggest you to wait sometime before resubmitting the application

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Did anyone hear from CIC to see if their file has been successfully transferred to local office(wherever that is) or have got their ecas updated to reflect this?

taha1986

Mar 12, 2014
maplesirop said:

Today I called CIC hoping to find some info about my application which was delivered to CIC at Oct 16. The agent told me that she could not find any information for me and suggested that I file and mail new application. She says probably my application is lost or was sent back to me and I did not receive it.

Anyone from Montreal October applicants do you have any AOR or anything from CIC? Please respond.

i'm in the same boat.
my application was sent from Montreal on October 8 and when i check my e status i see nothing.
i called them on January 12 and they told me that i should just wait.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taha1986 said:
i'm in the same boat.
my application was sent from Montreal on October 8 and when i check my e status i see nothing.
i called them on January 12 and they told me that i should just wait.
Be patient!!! It'll show up this week or next.

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplesirop said:

Hi!

I'm from Montreal and I have sent my application the 15th of October.
I received and AOR e-mail the 9th of January. I had to wait a few days to be able to log-in and see the status of my file.

Here is my status:
Application sent: 14/10/2014
Application received (both Canada Post and their log) : 20/10/2014
E-mail AOR : 09/01/2015
Ecas active: 13/01/2015
In process: 14/01/2015

Just wait a few days and I'm sure you will have some news !

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minor update this morning -- my transfer status now says I have been transferred to Surrey (BC) as opposed to 'local office' (15 January)

Whoopie!

Tony

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Did anyone hear from CIC to see if their file has been successfully transferred to local office(wherever that is) or have got their ecas updated to reflect this?
No changes on my ecas and I never called CIC.
We should expect some developments soon.

irene2012

Jan 20, 2015
I delivered my file at 15 Oct from Montreal and get nothing till now.

I called CIC last week, an agent said I'd better wait two more weeks, if still no news, it may be lost.

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irene2012 said:

I called CIC last week, an agent said I'd better wait two more weeks, if still no news, it may be lost.
got the same stupid answer as you when I called this morning. But I told the agent that this is non sense. If the application had an error and was lost on its way back, the how the heck would I know where the error was ??? If I re-apply with the same app., it means that it'll get rejected again and another 3 months wasted for nothing.
This is frustrating...

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irene2012 said:

I just wonder is it normal to say that an application might be lost????@!!!!! I have heard this response very often from members when they called CIC and I'm really surprised and shocked. frankly speaking, I started to worry about my application. CIC should consider all measures to ensure not loosing any single application once the application inside the doors of CIC.

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
I just wonder is it normal to say that an application might be lost???? @ !!!!! I have heard this response very often from members when they called CIC and I'm really surprised and shocked. frankly speaking, I started to worry about my application. CIC should consider all measures to ensure not loosing any single application once the application inside the doors of CIC.
I agree with you. They raised the application and processing fees and we did not complain. The least they should do is to keep us informed about the status. If it turns out that my app got lost, I'll go talk to my MP. I've done it before when it took them too long to process my PR and it was very beneficial.
I think that anyone with abnormal issues with CIC has to at least send an email to the local MP and complain.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
maplesirop said:

Hi sad to hear that... Im from montreal and submitted my application last oct 17 and i just got an email for AOR last week with them.. I suggest you wait for more days or until end of January before you send another application sometimes they told its missing but actually its on process . Did you send it by which courier , do you have a signed proof that they received it in SYDNEY? Do not worry .. just try to wait for few days.. then try calling them again.. if you have the receipt number of your payment or the courier tracking number you can gave it to them to check..

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello! Just want to indicate that for those who applied from Montreal please hang on there!! So many applicants are waiting and didnt hear anything from CIC nor email or by post mail. Not sure how they prioritize things but some who applied from 3rd week or last week of October got their AOR but some who applied on the ist or 2nd week still on hold and waiting.. So dont fret if the agent told you they cant find it or it got lost ..who knows... just wait and see until end of January, give it a few more days.. I understand its not easy to re submit the application again.. i just hope CIC could be more sensitive on this matter and gave us hope and not to mention they just told you It Might be MISSING or Returned ... which they are not sure also.. ::) The raised of processing fee is not a joke for at least they should make the system a bit more faster...

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
irene2012 said:

just wait for few more days we submitted almost the same date ... if you have the signed proof that its was receive in SYDNEY then it didnt got lost.. you can give them your tracking number..

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody,

I have received my AOR via email today. :D

Here is my status:
Application sent: 23/10/2014
Application received (FedEx Proof of Delivery) : 27/10/2014
E-mail AOR : 20/01/2015

Good luck to all.
Cheers !!!