+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called cic.
He guy told me that my applicatio is still in sydney and its in lrocess. I should be receiving my book. File not been transferred to local yet. My application is complete. No missing doc

But my online status shows my file been transfer to local already

I guess I have to call again.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
ynany1027 said:
I just called cic.
He guy told me that my applicatio is still in sydney and its in lrocess. I should be receiving my book. File not been transferred to local yet. My application is complete. No missing doc

But my online status shows my file been transfer to local already

I guess I have to call again.
Hi! when did you submitted your application?

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
hello guys I sent my application in October 16 and they received in October 20 I called CIC yesterday the agent said probably your application something wrong in it and returned back and call us in march and the process 3 to 4 month and I don't understand why I should wait till march my question should I send new application or wait until march please guys help

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
medimawla said:
hello guys I sent my application in October 16 and they received in October 20 I called CIC yesterday the agent said probably your application something wrong in it and returned back and call us in march and the process 3 to 4 month and I don't understand why I should wait till march my question should I send new application or wait until march please guys help
Acknowledgement of Receipt can take anywhere around 1 to 3.5 months. I would suggest you to wait by end of January to see if you receive the acknowledgement. If not, you can resubmit the application again with updated fees.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medimawla said:
Like I said before, If CIC received your application and it has not been returned to you after 3 months, chances are that your application is fine. Just be patient for about a week to a month (while waiting, keep another application handy). If you dont receive anything, call CIC presenting your tracking no and receipt. This will enable them search for your application (while proving that the application reached them) in order to tell you the status of your application. After taking all these steps and your application's status is unknown, then you can send the other application you kept handy. Cheers!!!

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
Hi! when did you submitted your application?
Sent/recd: OCT 23
AOR paper: Dec-5 (got the book)
IN process and transfer to local: Dec-31.

What I dont understand was that the agent even said that if I did not have my book, i could get it online.
He sounded like he did check my info. and he did confirm its in process.

I think the online thing says "in process and transfer to local" its a old way of online information display.
His (new) system shows the officer in sydney still has my file and still review it, its same thing as local review, but the new way of approving files remains at the sydney officer hand. Thats why the agent said its in process and still in sydney.

Any comment?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
ynany1027 said:
Sent/recd: OCT 23
AOR paper: Dec-5 (got the book)
IN process and transfer to local: Dec-31.

What I dont understand was that the agent even said that if I did not have my book, i could get it online.
He sounded like he did check my info. and he did confirm its in process.

I think the online thing says "in process and transfer to local" its a old way of online information display.
His (new) system shows the officer in sydney still has my file and still review it, its same thing as local review, but the new way of approving files remains at the sydney officer hand. Thats why the agent said its in process and still in sydney.

Any comment?
hi! the agent says in case you didnt have the book you can get it online , yes its true you can find the book thru internet ..You are lucky because not even 2 months you got AOR and the book right? Your papers is in process either way its still in sydney or they forwarded it to your local office.. it doesnt matter, the important thing is your papers are moving fast. Where are you located?

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
I am lost here when you say "His (new) system shows the officer in sydney still has my file and still review it, its same thing as local review, but the new way of approving files remains at the sydney officer hand" Please correct me what is the new processing model

1. CIC Sydney officer does prelim review for complete application and sends to local office
2. CIC Local officer does the final review and calls for test
3. CIC Test officer conducts the test and decides whether call for oath or RQ
4. Oath or RQ+Oath

So as per your saying, the CIC Sydney officer can call you for test while at the same time send the finalised file to local office for closure, instead of it being further reviewed by the local officer?

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
I am lost here when you say "His (new) system shows the officer in sydney still has my file and still review it, its same thing as local review, but the new way of approving files remains at the sydney officer hand" Please correct me what is the new processing model

1. CIC Sydney officer does prelim review for complete application and sends to local office
2. CIC Local officer does the final review and calls for test
3. CIC Test officer conducts the test and decides whether call for oath or RQ
4. Oath or RQ+Oath

So as per your saying, the CIC Sydney officer can call you for test while at the same time send the finalised file to local office for closure, instead of it being further reviewed by the local officer?
Good explaination. Just realized my logic wasnt there.

Local is winnipeg.

From what I have been observed, transfer local winnipeg is fast, testig is a looong wait.
The step 2, local officer review slows us down

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
HI,

eCAS just updated to In process...

CIC Received: Oct 21, 2014
AOR email: Jan 05, 2015
eCAS updated: Jan 13, 2015 to In process

Am I supposed receiving anything from the mail? any idea how long does it take to transfer to local office which is Winnipeg?

Waiting AIP and DM for my boyfriend have been a nightmare, and now another one!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
So I applied in October and went for my vacation while on vacation I got a call from my dad in November saying there is something in the mail from CIC, I got happy thinking that it's an AOR and the study guide so I told him to open the envelope and see. Unfortunately, it was my returned application due to not sending them a copy of my expired passport. So when I got back to from vacation, I sent the copy of my expired passport and the application again around mid December and so far I haven't heard anything back. Let see what's in store for me next.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
So I applied in October and went for my vacation while on vacation I got a call from my dad in November saying there is something in the mail from CIC, I got happy thinking that it's an AOR and the study guide so I told him to open the envelope and see. Unfortunately, it was my returned application due to not sending them a copy of my expired passport. So when I got back to from vacation, I sent the copy of my expired passport and the application again around mid December and so far I haven't heard anything back. Let see what's in store for me next.
I hope your application will go through this time. I've just remembered a detail in my application that is related to what you mentioned. In my application I sent a photocopy of the passports of my family. My wife’s and my passports are still current and covers 4 years as required. Unfortunately my son’s passport who is 7 years now covers 3.5 years ( this passport covers all the time since we first landed in Canada). He never had a passport before ( he was added to my wife’s passport for travel ) and unfortunately I missed mentioning that in my cover letter. Does anyone come across a similar situation? Does anyone think that could be a reason for returning back our application? Please advise.