+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Not to worry. Raise case specific enquiry with the delivery receipt,payment receipt, copy of PR card.

It took 3-4 months for lot of applicants to know the status.
Hello catchvb et al.,

Quick question: How do we submit a case specific enquiry online to check on these cases on which people from Sept./Oct. 2014 are still awaiting for AOR?

Thank you.
Good Luck. ;)

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dattad said:
Hello catchvb et al.,

Quick question: How do we submit a case specific enquiry online to check on these cases on which people from Sept./Oct. 2014 are still awaiting for AOR?

Thank you.
Good Luck. ;)
Here is he link to submit case specific inquiry : https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

and the response email will look like this :
UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is for case specific enquiries and online technical difficulties only. For general enquiries, please consult our online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index.asp> or our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp>.

To help you, include all the following information in your request:

* Surname (last name) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document;
* Given name(s) (first name) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document;
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Country of birth;
* Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
* Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Online application reference number;
* Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record,etc);
* Approximate date that the application was submitted.

We will only respond to your request if:

* you submit all the requested information above;
* you meet the criteria<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp> for case-specific inquiries listed on our website regardless if your application was submitted inside or outside Canada;
* the normal processing time <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp> for your application has passed; and
* you cannot verify the status of your application using the online tool <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp> page; or
* you wish to report important changes about your application such as birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption, change in job status.

* If the above information is missing, we will not reply to your request until we receive all of this information in one email. Also, we can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French.

The response delay is 10 business days for online technical difficulties and 30 business days for case specific inquiries. Sending multiple emails concerning the same request will not accelerate the response delay.

Thank you.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>

Please Note: By initiating email communication with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), you are authorizing CIC to use your email address to communicate personal information on your file, or case, with you. You also understand that email communication may not be a secure channel. CIC is not responsible for communicating personal information to a third party when it has made the necessary efforts to identify them. CIC is also not responsible for the misuse of this information by a third party. To consult the CIC policy on Internet use, click here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/notices.asp

but basically you need these information:
You gotta basically provide them with this kind of information:

Applicant Information
Name of Applicant:
DOB of Applicant:
Client ID Number:
Telephone number:
Type of Application:
Payment receipt number:

Enquirer Information
Name of Enquirer:
Relationship to Applicant:
Email Address:
Telephone number:
Mobile number:

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BSGPH said:
Quick question everyone, what identifier number are you using to check status i the website? I have two numbers:

1. One labeled UCI which has 8 digits: XXXXXXXX
2. Another one labeled Application No., starts with C, 4 zeros, and 5 digit number: C0000XXXXX.

Which one should I use for which identifier in the drop-down? I have tried all combinations and none seems to work. Maybe I should try after a week? Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Select "Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier" in the Identification Type drop down and use the UCI which has 8 digits, in the format: XXXX-XXXX (with the '-').
The UCI can also be found on your PR card.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It most probably depends on where your Local CIC office is. If you are from GTA (Mississauga, Scarborough or Toronto), You would definitely make it. Good luck!!

hchalz said:
Delivered on 10-24

12-04 Sent out AOR,.

12-16 received AOR from CIC in mail and the book.

12-19 ECAS activated, status received

01-07 Status In process

There is a wedding in May in Jersey to go. God bless, might be I can make it with my Canadian Passport!

BSGPH

Jan 8, 2015
trvpm said:
Select "Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier" in the Identification Type drop down and use the UCI which has 8 digits, in the format: XXXX-XXXX (with the '-').
The UCI can also be found on your PR card.
Thanks trvpm, this is quite helpful.

BSGPH

Jan 8, 2015
maryafar said:
It usually takes 2 to 4 days to update your eCas. Mine was activated within 2 days but I've seen someone got it activated in 4 days. So try it maybe after weekend using your PR card number or Client Id Number which is your UCI. Both of these work for me.
Thanks, maryafar. This is helpful. I will wait a couple more days and try eCAS again. Good luck to the rest who are waiting for AOR.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi everybody
I believe 2015 will be a perfect year for all of us
I just received my AOR via email on Jan 7 for me and my family
My application had been received on Oct.22

My regards to everybody and happy new year.

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
Hi, I just saw this post. I am also in same boat. I sent my application in first week of October(Don't remember exact date). Received acknowledgement in email on 6th January. They received my documents on 9th October. Status on e-cas is received.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello guys! anyone from Montreal receive AOR? I applied Oct 17 but until now i didnt get any emails or AOR ... im worried? ???

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
hello guys! anyone from Montreal receive AOR? I applied Oct 17 but until now i didnt get any emails or AOR ... im worried? ???
Why are you worried? Everything is fine. Be happy your application wasn't returned. You should be getting an update next week or in 2 weeks. Just be patient. Good luck!!!.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PUZZLED said:
AOR takes anywhere around 1 month to 3 months. So just wait till end of January. Good luck

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
dav3000 said:
Why are you worried? Everything is fine. Be happy your application wasn't returned. You should be getting an update next week or in 2 weeks. Just be patient. Good luck!!!.
Thank you.. Because almost everyone is receiving theirs some even applied later than me... thats why... but thank you for encouragement.. :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
AOR takes anywhere around 1 month to 3 months. So just wait till end of January. Good luck
thank you for encouragement .. that's what i needed now... because some already got their AOR and they applied later than me..

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
If you call CIC and go to the check application status menu, you'll hear a message telling you the date at which they processed all applications. As of today, it's Oct. 15. So technically you should not worry, you just not lucky your application has been put at the end of the pile and you will one of those who get processed last in your batch. But do check the date from time to time and call them if it changes but you do not receive AOR.