+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

BSGPH

Jan 8, 2015
morbrb said:
Hi, my package was received on October 20th but still there is not update. Should I be worried? I live in Toronto.
My package was delivered Oct 15th but still no updates as well. I'm from Toronto too.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BSGPH said:
My package was delivered Oct 15th but still no updates as well. I'm from Toronto too.
Not to worry. Raise case specific enquiry with the delivery receipt,payment receipt, copy of PR card.

It took 3-4 months for lot of applicants to know the status.

ankkp

Jan 8, 2015
Hello.

I applied for my citizenship on Oct-25 and havent heard back yet. i called the call center and they havent started to look at my file yet..

I forgot to include my work experience documents (i.e- NOA, T4's). Can someone please let me know if i can sent those docs now or wait for them to get back to me.
And if i can send them now should i just write a generic email?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ankkp said:
Hello.

I applied for my citizenship on Oct-25 and havent heard back yet. i called the call center and they havent started to look at my file yet..

I forgot to include my work experience documents (i.e- NOA, T4's). Can someone please let me know if i can sent those docs now or wait for them to get back to me.
And if i can send them now should i just write a generic email?
work records and NOA etc are not required unless you have used the old form. If you have used old form, they might return your application.
I suppose, you have used the latest form which does not ask for any work records, NOA etc.
Relax

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
work records and NOA etc are not required unless you have used the old form. If you have used old form, they might return your application.
I suppose, you have used the latest form which does not ask for any work records, NOA etc.
Relax
I used the forms from Sept, where was mentioned to provide work/education records in the application form, but not in check list. I did not send with my application any work records (not because I dont have or I dont want; I just missed that in the form) and application was not returned. No RQ as of yet either.

ankkp

Jan 8, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Relax
I think i used the latest forms. It did say to send it in the application form but not on the checklist that was attached to it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ankkp said:
I think i used the latest forms. It did say to send it in the application form but not on the checklist that was attached to it.
hmmm. Do you have the copy of your application form that you have sent? If you have the latest forms it will say that send copies of education records but it won't say anything about work records. Please check.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
I submitted family application in Oct from Mississauga and following is status:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need work records. They are mostly interested in Educational records. I am a fresh graduate from school and did not submit anything related to work.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delivered on 10-24

12-04 Sent out AOR,.

12-16 received AOR from CIC in mail and the book.

12-19 ECAS activated, status received

01-07 Status In process

There is a wedding in May in Jersey to go. God bless, might be I can make it with my Canadian Passport!

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morbrb said:
Hi, my package was received on October 20th but still there is not update. Should I be worried? I live in Toronto.
Hey, don't worry. I sent my application on Sep 25 and I go my AOR 2 days ago. So, keep waiting for a few more weeks.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
I used the forms from Sept, where was mentioned to provide work/education records in the application form, but not in check list. I did not send with my application any work records (not because I dont have or I dont want; I just missed that in the form) and application was not returned. No RQ as of yet either.
I believe they want either of those documents as the proof of your presence in the country and contributing on the society.

BSGPH

Jan 8, 2015
morbrb said:
I received my AOR via e-mail today.

Here's my timeline:
Package sent to Sydney office: 15-Oct-2014
AOR by e-mail: 08-Jan-2015
eCAS status: no access yet

morbrb, I guess you should be getting your AOR in the coming week or so..

Quick question everyone, what identifier number are you using to check status i the website? I have two numbers:

1. One labeled UCI which has 8 digits: XXXXXXXX
2. Another one labeled Application No., starts with C, 4 zeros, and 5 digit number: C0000XXXXX.

Which one should I use for which identifier in the drop-down? I have tried all combinations and none seems to work. Maybe I should try after a week? Thanks for your time.

Regards,

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BSGPH said:
I received my AOR via e-mail today.

Here's my timeline:
Package sent to Sydney office: 15-Oct-2014
AOR by e-mail: 08-Jan-2015
eCAS status: no access yet

morbrb, I guess you should be getting your AOR in the coming week or so..

Quick question everyone, what identifier number are you using to check status i the website? I have two numbers:

1. One labeled UCI which has 8 digits: XXXXXXXX
2. Another one labeled Application No., starts with C, 4 zeros, and 5 digit number: C0000XXXXX.

Which one should I use for which identifier in the drop-down? I have tried all combinations and none seems to work. Maybe I should try after a week? Thanks for your time.

Regards,
It usually takes 2 to 4 days to update your eCas. Mine was activated within 2 days but I've seen someone got it activated in 4 days. So try it maybe after weekend using your PR card number or Client Id Number which is your UCI. Both of these work for me.

chnpal

Jun 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
04-04-2011
File Transfer...
19-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-02-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2011
LANDED..........
19-07-2011 :)
Hi Everyone,

My application was delivered on Oct 24th.

I can see the status in eCas today as Recieved.

Appln recieved on 24th Oct. AOR sent by main on Dec 31st.

Good luck to everyone :)

Chnpal