+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
HELLO, i applied on 6 October and still i cant see anything on ecas, do we put PR number to check status?

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
Yes you could , but usually it takes about 2-3 months mines took about two months before I could see anything

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct20 said:
Hi Imadiq
Congratulation and all the best for you and your family in the application process
I already applied in the same day and i hope i will see updates soon in my ecas ;)
Good luck my friend hope you get update on your application soon

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Finally good news guys!

I called CIC and the lady checked and told me my application is in process, then i told her i can't see any update on ECAS , she asked me to wait, and later another person came in, asked me security questions and said she could see my Ecas and i can see it too if i try again, i did it and here you go!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.

Thank God! and now hope other steps move smoothly! :)

good luck to us!

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Kilimandjaro said:
Finally good news guys!

I called CIC and the lady checked and told me my application is in process, then i told her i can't see any update on ECAS , she asked me to wait, and later another person came in, asked me security questions and said she could see my Ecas and i can see it too if i try again, i did it and here you go!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.

Thank God! and now hope other steps move smoothly! :)

good luck to us!
sorry to ask but did ur application # start with C000XXXxx

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
srinivas.vadapalli said:
My recd line has disappeared today. Does it mean anything.
So I decided to check myself with CIC on what the above means.

CIC Agent told me that the RCMP and Immigration Clearance has been initiated and my file is in transit to the local CPC which is Mississauga.

That's it for now, its hibernation mode now until i hear from Mississauga CPC.

Good luck to all of us.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
So I decided to check myself with CIC on what the above means.

CIC Agent told me that the RCMP and Immigration Clearance has been initiated and my file is in transit to the local CPC which is Mississauga.

That's it for now, its hibernation mode now until i hear from Mississauga CPC.

Good luck to all of us.
I didnt have a received link from the time my eCAS was active. It is, however still there in my spouse's page though we applied as a family. What is your opinion about that?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
rednwhite said:
I didnt have a received link from the time my eCAS was active. It is, however still there in my spouse's page though we applied as a family. What is your opinion about that?
Nothing to worry about it. Since its a family application, its going to go as a bunch. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as its there in one person's eCAS.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Nothing to worry about it. Since its a family application, its going to go as a bunch. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as its there in one person's eCAS.
I guess theres nothing much to do other than to wait and see. On a side note, telugu?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
rednwhite said:
I guess theres nothing much to do other than to wait and see. On a side note, telugu?
Yes...

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
For PR, except the date you applied (Sep 2010 in my case), the rest of your dates are around 1 week off by mine. And now its Citizenship. Well, Good luck to you. :)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
rednwhite said:
For PR, except the date you applied (Sep 2010 in my case), the rest of your dates are around 1 week off by mine. And now its Citizenship. Well, Good luck to you. :)
Thanks mate and good luck to you....

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Please let me know what is meant by received line disappears -

Does it mean that 1st line in E-cas -

Disappears from E-cas and only two lines left on E-cas 2 and 3.

Or it means - Status change from Received to In process.

Thanks!

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi Donvalley,

My application was received at CIC on 6th October, 2014. So far no update from CIC at all. I called CIC this week and they said they are processing applications upto 1st October (which doesn't sound correct) as alot of applicants after October 1st have received AORs. I know there are applicants who are waiting for AOR longer than me (IRCANADA, Zujal etc). I wanted to send a case specific inquiry this week and wanted to ask your opinion on what document(s) i should attach, I am thinking to attach Canada Post Delivery Report with the signature of person who signed at the time of receiving my application. Do you have any other suggestion?

IRCANADA, Zujal

Who signed your application at the time of receiving it in Sydney? Mine was signed with initials DM, whole signature is not readable, so I wasn't able to figure out the exact/rough name spellings.

One more question to all, has anyone who is been told that send a new application, Did you try to speak to CIC agent's supervisor? I know its a long shot but it doesn't make sense at all if the courier company is giving us proof that application was received and signed by someone at CIC address in Sydney and they can't find it in their office.