+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

Hala k1

Jun 9, 2015
Hi,
my husband has applied on Oct 2014, and he passed the test on July 15,2015....after test, the officer ( Ottawa Office) asked him to sign a paper for police check and told him to wait a few months for feedback, he got DM on Ecas one week after the test. but he is still waiting for the Oath letter.

My question, for police check did they check in the countries where he was live before he moved to Canada? (because I think CIC don't need long time to check inside Canada, but it may take long time to get police check for other countries and thats why he still waiting) what do you think?

thanks

romer

Aug 13, 2015
good afternoon all,

This is the first time for me to post on this forum.I am a single applicant. I applied for the citizenship in October. my Ecas was changed to "in process" on January 14th, 2015. since then my I have not been informed about any updates on my application. my whole family applied just two weeks before me and they have been Canadians for 2 months now. I have yet to receive my test invitation. I also know a couple of friends who applied in October and they all got their Citizenship certificates.
sometimes I feel like my application got lost or the officer in Scarborough uses my application to put his coffee on loool ;D ;D :p this is so frustrating

BlsdFolk

Aug 13, 2015
Hi Ladies and Gentleman,

I have benefited from this forum tremendously since 2011 when I applied for my PR which I was granted in 2012.Thank you all for taking time to post your valuable information on this forum. Beneath is my Citizenship Application Timeline;

Calgary

Received: November 6, 2014.
AOR: January 29, 2015.
In Process: February 8, 2015.
Ecas Notice with Test Date: July 27, 2015
Test Date: 11-August-2015 (Passed)
Oath Date: Waiting

Please add me to the spreadsheet

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hey Good news just checked my ecas which was changed to decision made may be less than 3 weeks ago says,

" We sent you a notice on August 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

but I have been checking my mail , have not received the letter yet if it was sent on August 10, it should not take long for the mail to be received, any thoughts guys ,
and good luck to every one including me Ameen , My local office is Winnipeg

Cheers

BlsdFolk

Aug 13, 2015
Calgary

Received: November 6, 2014.
AOR: January 29, 2015.
In Process: February 8, 2015.
Ecas Notice with Test Date: July 27, 2015
Test Date: 11-August, 2015 (Passed)
Ecas Status: 18 August, 2015 (Decision Made)
Oath Date: Waiting

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got test letter yesterday , test is shedulled Sep. 9 but I have already planned my vacation on that time. Just sent the Ottawa local office a letter asking to move the test date with proof of reason (just a copy of plane reservation) as I was instructed by the CIC call agent.
I applied on the last week of October, things are really moving fast.
I hope that my second test notice won't take too long to arrive. I am afraid they will reschedule me in a four or more months :S
Has anyone experienced this before ? Plz share your experience !

I HIGHLY recommend you to let CIC know about your absences BEFORE you make any bookings. If they know you will not be available, they won't schedule your test/oath during that time !

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My journey towards Canadian citizenship ended today.

My oath was scheduled at 10.30 in the morning. 88 new canadians from 27 countries ( in our batch )