+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
CocoaTea said:
congrats..hey when did you get your AOR physical copy? I am trying to estimate when my ecas might show some changes...
Jan 13.

You can see the time line on OCT.excel file

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zzsfx said:
Oct Team, just checked on line, my test scheduled on March 24. I did not receive mail yet. Have to read book tmr. .
Congratulations ZZsfx. I cannot even see the other end of my application progress. Saskatoon is super duper slow. Winters are too cold for any test, Summers are beautiful but too short and not meant for tests. Saskatoon's average time for the test is +12 months...

Congratulations.

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
sept15 said:
Congratulations ZZsfx. I cannot even see the other end of my application progress. Saskatoon is super duper slow. Winters are too cold for any test, Summers are beautiful but too short and not meant for tests. Saskatoon's average time for the test is +12 months...

Congratulations.
Thank you. Wish you will get progress soon.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello october people :)

Don't forget to keep us update !

From my side, nothing.... however, I am noting that after CIC went really fast for new applicants a few months ago, today, they are taking care of a lot of old applications, two friends of mine who applied in 2011-2012 had their tests, and people who got RQed are also getting invited to tests... things seem to move slower for new applications, but that's ok... I mean, I totally understand that those who have been waiting for years deserve some attention.

That's my impression

Ining

Jan 24, 2009
My timeline;

October 2013 - applied
February 2014 - received acknowledgment letter and study guide, letter dated January.
January 2014 - In-process :)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Hello october people :)

Don't forget to keep us update !

From my side, nothing.... however, I am noting that after CIC went really fast for new applicants a few months ago, today, they are taking care of a lot of old applications, two friends of mine who applied in 2011-2012 had their tests, and people who got RQed are also getting invited to tests... things seem to move slower for new applications.

That's my impression
So far I have done 3 diaper changes for my new born. Installed a new shower head with a hose. Shoveled some snow. Oh that's not the update you folks are interested in. Nothing from my side.

However, I did find 'one of our life boats' sailing away from us and I directed him/her to this room . He/she should be joining us soon and then dictator Ramsfe can take care of him/her and restrict his/her freedom of making other identical threads! Traitor..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/Ining-u18946.html

take care folks and stay warm and yes, keep us posted on only items pertaining to your Citizenship Application.

Later,

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ining said:
My timeline;

October 2013 - applied
February 2014 - received acknowledgment letter and study guide, letter dated January.
You did arrive before I commented. Good for you. Ramsfe is tough. No freedom here. Just saying. Hang tight.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ining said:
My timeline;

October 2013 - applied
hey Ining:
Can you be more specific like with the dates (received by cic, in process etc) if you know them and where are you located? thanks.
we need this information to update the spreadsheet for October 2013.
later,

Ining

Jan 24, 2009
October 26, 2013 - Received by CIC
January 23, 2014 - In process and received study guide

I've read that some of those September 2013 applicants had their exams on January, February and march 2014...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ining said:
By the way I applied in Vancouver...
Ining - When you might get the test notification, depends on your local case processing office. I believe there are few Vancouver applicants in this forum and few other threads specifically for Vancouver applicants - which might give you a good estimate on when to expect the test. I do not know how slow/fast is vancouver's office.

By the way, I have added you in the spreadsheet.

Take care,

CaMtl

Feb 25, 2014
Hello, I am new in the forum

Just to share my timeline :
Application sent October 21
In process January 21
Letter and booklet received February 14
From Montreal

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
fallenstar831 said:
So, hubby wrote this test today at 8:30 in the Niagara Falls office. Was a fairly straight forward process - took about an hour or so.

We were greeted in the waiting room, once everyone arrived he was moved into the testing room. There were about 15 people there. Test was all multiple choice and you are forbidden from sharing what the questions are - but he assures me it was very straight forward and simple if you studied. He got 100%, took him 10 minutes.

He then met with an Immigration Officer to confirm his documents and residency/travel dates with his passport stamps. I could hear them laughing from the waiting room so I am sure it was all *very* serious :p

So that's about that I'd guess! He's been informed his Oath date will be March 21st or 29th!

Super quick considering we sent the application in Oct 24th.

hi fallenstar...did ur hubby received the oath date yet? my co-worker wrote the test on jan 28th in Niagara falls and no news yet...please share if he has gotten any letter...thanks.

Jaeson

Feb 26, 2014
ramsfe said:
Actually you should include it, the calculator will exclude it ! use the caclculator of CIC and put the exact dates as the ones you see on the stamps and tickets
Hi guys
I am new here.
One of my friend sent his documents to immigration oct 1st and he left Canada at the same day around 11 30pm , he arrived to destination next day is it absence from Canada?
Is it a problem ?

thanks