+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
fallenstar831 said:
So, hubby wrote this test today at 8:30 in the Niagara Falls office. Was a fairly straight forward process - took about an hour or so.

We were greeted in the waiting room, once everyone arrived he was moved into the testing room. There were about 15 people there. Test was all multiple choice and you are forbidden from sharing what the questions are - but he assures me it was very straight forward and simple if you studied. He got 100%, took him 10 minutes.

He then met with an Immigration Officer to confirm his documents and residency/travel dates with his passport stamps. I could hear them laughing from the waiting room so I am sure it was all *very* serious :p

So that's about that I'd guess! He's been informed his Oath date will be March 21st or 29th!

Super quick considering we sent the application in Oct 24th.
How about the stamping part? did he have all stamps translated? was the officer concerned about some stamps that were not there? please provide some details

thanks

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Octoberians!

Does the disappearance of 'Received' line on ECas status signifies anything?

In line with Ramsfe's concern: We might be leaving on vacation for 3 months (may-july) and hoping no test notice comes during that time. Examining the average time to be called for a Test (for the place we live), I should not be receiving any but you never know CIC?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend,

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Hey Octoberians!

In line with Ramsfe's concern: We might be leaving on vacation for 3 months (may-july) and hoping no test notice comes during that time. Examining the average time to be called for a Test (for the place we live), I should not be receiving any but you never know CIC?

from the old times, it meant the file has been transferred to local office, which you can verify by calling CIC. i would say go through the monthly spreadsheets for the months ahead of you and check the stats on your local office. also let the CIC know about the travel as a safety net. they don't like rescheduling tests after the test letter has been sent out. they would do it for strong reasons, but not a vacation. it's better to let them know before, so they can schedule accordingly.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Hey Octoberians!

Howdy howdy !

Well, 3 months vacation ! Will anybody be able to check your mail for you ?

You have two options : Either you let things happen and you inform CIC at the last minute that you are leaving for 3 months, or you take a ticket that allows you to come back to take the test whenever you have to!

Let's say that when you want to become a citizen, it is worth it ;)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Howdy howdy !

Well, 3 months vacation ! Will anybody be able to check your mail for you ?

You have two options : Either you let things happen and you inform CIC at the last minute that you are leaving for 3 months, or you take a ticket that allows you to come back to take the test whenever you have to!

Let's say that when you want to become a citizen, it is worth it ;)
yeah i will ask someone to check my mail but am i gonna buy a ticket to come back for 10 minutes to write a test - hmmmm.
i might let cic know that i am out of the country for that period.

i could actually take one year off work as paternity leave but just taking 4 months...

so everyone on toe to write the test?

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I get the AOR on 13-Feb. I cannot update the excel, could someone help me to update our excel?

Btw, i cannot find the rent agreements, I'm wondering if there is anything I should do now to get better prepared if I get the RQ....

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuz said:
I get the AOR on 13-Feb. I cannot update the excel, could someone help me to update our excel?

Btw, i cannot find the rent agreements, I'm wondering if there is anything I should do now to get better prepared if I get the RQ....
Yuz, Ramsfe - I got that one.

I have not looked at the RQs requirements but from what I am reading from you - Can you get a letter from your landlord that says you have stayed for so and so period, copies of cheques? financial statement for the rent you paid?

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
sept15 said:
Yuz, Ramsfe - I got that one.

I have not looked at the RQs requirements but from what I am reading from you - Can you get a letter from your landlord that says you have stayed for so and so period, copies of cheques? financial statement for the rent you paid?
Hello sept15,

Thanks for your reply. i was a student at that time and moved a lot....It's possible for me to gather all those letters, but the procedures might be very difficult. Could I use the the CBSA report instead?

Thanks again~~

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuz said:
Hello sept15,

Thanks for your reply. i was a student at that time and moved a lot....It's possible for me to gather all those letters, but the procedures might be very difficult. Could I use the the CBSA report instead?

Thanks again~~
Yuz,

I do not want to say anything to you if I do not know/not sure about. I am sorry, I do not know and cannot comment on that one. I will leave it to others if they have stepped on this path.... Sorry.

Hasss

Feb 19, 2014
Hi all,

I sent my application for grant of citizenship on October 18th, 2013. But I have not received ANY letter from them yet. Is that normal? Is anybody else in the same situation.

I contacted CIC and they said, maybe your application is lost! So, I sent them another package on Feb-12, 2014! paying an extra $200.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasss said:
Hi all,

I sent my application for grant of citizenship on October 18th, 2013. But I have not received ANY letter from them yet. Is that normal? Is anybody else in the same situation.

I contacted CIC and they said, maybe your application is lost! So, I sent them another package on Feb-12, 2014! paying an extra $200.
did you send it by courier? you should have a receipt then.

Hasss

Feb 19, 2014
chakrab said:
did you send it by courier? you should have a receipt then.
Yes, for my October-2013 application, I sent it by courier. Canada post said it's delivered in just 1 day. But I didn't keep that receipt for 4 months!

For my new application (Feb-2014), I kept the receipt.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Hey Octoberians!

found this page today. may help :)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=

riyazahmad

Nov 5, 2013
I got My AOR today ( a letter and the book called Discover Canada)

Can anyone advise after receiving the AOR when will my test be?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyazahmad said:
I got My AOR today ( a letter and the book called Discover Canada)

Can anyone advise after receiving the AOR when will my test be?
what's your local office?