+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Mine was received on Oct 24th.
I phoned CIC today and they told me that they are opening applications received on Oct 21st.

Mine is family and I am from Vancouver.

I added my info to the excel sheet.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Mine was received on Oct 24th.
I phoned CIC today and they told me that they are opening applications received on Oct 21st.

Mine is family and I am from Vancouver.

I added my info to the excel sheet.
Oct13, we have two things in common. .....1) Your username 'oct13' has the same format as mine 'sept15' .....2) your citizenship application and mine were received on the same day 'October 24, 2013'. Was your application signed by Mike Conn as well.

Glad to know they are opening Oct 21 applications.

Later,

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Sep15, glad to have things in common :)

I sent my application through FedEx and I could not know the name of the person who signed it. It seems I have to have FedEx account to get the signature shown!

Let's hope to get some update next week.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Oct24, we can compare the progress of our applications from now on :)
Mine was received 3 days earlier than yours (on the 21st) and I'm from Vancouver too.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Stork1 said:
Hi Oct24, we can compare the progress of our applications from now on :)
Mine was received 3 days earlier than yours (on the 21st) and I'm from Vancouver too.
Yes, we can :)
I am just new to this forum and I do not know if there is a way to get notification if someone quotes you?

According to my call to CIC today, I believe you should be able to soon check the status of your application online.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After I read that CIC is opening applications received on Oct. 21 I checked my online status and guess what? ... They really are!

They received my application on Oct. 21.
In process since January 21st.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Yes, we can :)
I am just new to this forum and I do not know if there is a way to get notification if someone quotes you?

According to my call to CIC today, I believe you should be able to soon check the status of your application online.
Your news should come soon!
I don't know whether there's a way to be notified if someone quotes you.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
hi ramsfe

We have various id with which to check ecas info. Which ID are you using to check ecas?
I am trying all the ID's l have, but nothing showing.! I know they haven't posted anything yet but I keep checking.
Hey there!

Your client ID (xxxx-xxxx) ! Thats the only one that works for me !

Good luck!

Things are moving for october applicants!!!yippiii

riyazahmad

Nov 5, 2013
Guys,
Mine one now is updated

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 20, 2014

It took 3 months to proceed my application

riyazahmad

Nov 5, 2013
ramsfe said:
Riyazhmad!

Don't worry, it will eventually be your turn ! I still can't see anything on E-cas for myself, but call center says that they started processing my application on the 17th of january, so you will surely be next!
Thanks a lot ramsfe,
as you said its my turn now
My application in process since jan 20, 2014

riyazahmad

Nov 5, 2013
ramsfe said:
Riyazhmad!

Don't worry, it will eventually be your turn ! I still can't see anything on E-cas for myself, but call center says that they started processing my application on the 17th of january, so you will surely be next!
THanks a lot ramsfe,

I got mine one updated since Jan 20 2014
as you said it was my turn

Thanks once again,

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Hi Friends... applied for my husbands Citizenship and wanted to follow this thread to see how things are moving for everyone.

We got an envelope in the post last week with the study guide but no test date. This is the info we found online:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 24, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2013.
They did not mail us anything on Oct 24, and I'm assuming they didn't mail anything on December 16th either as it wouldn't take a month to be delivered to us! Regardless, it's there and in motion.

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
Hey, guys,
What do you think will be the reason that they did not process the application as the order of receiving the application. Cos' some of applications received in November have been updated on line( some of them were updated in early Jan), but some of applications from October are still waiting for the updates.
Is it possible that they distribute the applications to different officers upon receipt of the application, so the status of cases will depend on the progress of the specific officer?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sampao10 said:
Hey, guys,
What do you think will be the reason that they did not process the application as the order of receiving the application. Cos' some of applications received in November have been updated on line( some of them were updated in early Jan), but some of applications from October are still waiting for the updates.
Is it possible that they distribute the applications to different officers upon receipt of the application, so the status of cases will depend on the progress of the specific officer?
my 2-cents: Yes, it depends on the processing officer but the other major factor is some of the/many of the Ecas are only updated once the local office receives the application and start processing them... hence, some offices like Winnipeg, Regina etc.. take longer time to show on Ecas... my thoughts.