+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

tequila

Apr 14, 2014
That is a good question, I live in Etobicoke, so either Mississauga or St. Clair, not sure. Any way to know by postal code or something like that?

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Hi Cha2,

yes I received it yesterday!!!
@ Mrbravo,

I remember you mentioned that your room-mate took his citizenship test recently in St. John's NL. Please I am assuming you discussed with him/her.

Please do you happen to have any idea as to what specific/mandatory documents St. John's test center really wanted to see from all the test-takers (with the exception of a CBSA report - as I don't have that and I don't want to panic :D

I am hoping you see this message today because I have my test tomorrow and want to make sure I have all the necessary documents.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
tequila said:
That is a good question, I live in Etobicoke, so either Mississauga or St. Clair, not sure. Any way to know by postal code or something like that?
I am not really sure about how to know who will handle your file because Toronto is big but it could be either of the two you mentioned. Your best bet will be to find out from a CIC agent. There are some of us here that have similar timelines to yours. They began processing mine on January 20th.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:
@ Mrbravo,

I remember you mentioned that your room-mate took his citizenship test recently in St. John's NL. Please I am assuming you discussed with him/her.

Please do you happen to have any idea as to what specific/mandatory documents St. John's test center really wanted to see from all the test-takers (with the exception of a CBSA report - as I don't have that and I don't want to panic :D

I am hoping you see this message today because I have my test tomorrow and want to make sure I have all the necessary documents.
Hi Cha2

you need to bring an employment letter from all previous employers and current one. One Guy was sent back to bring his previous employment letters.

Bring your leases and taxes if you will not be able to provide them with employment letters. they are a bit picky in St John's because usually there are 4 people being interviewed only and so they spend quite some time with the applicants.

please let me know how you make out tomorrow? the questions in the exam? you can inbox me if you can.

cheers

baglepunch

Apr 15, 2014
Hi I'm new in this forum,

Here is my timeline, japplied in Kitchener, ON

Citizenship Applied:23 October 2013
Application Received at Sydney: 29 October 2013
In Process: 08 Jan 2014
AOR Received: 3 Feb 2014
Local Office: none yet

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Hi Cha2

you need to bring an employment letter from all previous employers and current one. One Guy was sent back to bring his previous employment letters.

Bring your leases and taxes if you will not be able to provide them with employment letters. they are a bit picky in St John's because usually there are 4 people being interviewed only and so they spend quite some time with the applicants.

please let me know how you make out tomorrow? the questions in the exam? you can inbox me if you can.

cheers
Thanks for the information Mrbravo. I will sure let you know how things go tomorrow.

But please one more quick question... about the guy you mentioned above that was sent home to bring his previous employment letters, What where the CIC agents looking for...? What did they want him to prove? Were they doubting his residency in Canada?

Thanks

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:
Thanks for the information Mrbravo. I will sure let you know how things go tomorrow.

But please one more quick question... about the guy you mentioned above that was sent home to bring his previous employment letters, What where the CIC agents looking for...? What did they want him to prove? Were they doubting his residency in Canada?

Thanks
There were 4 people writing the test that day. Usually they are only 4. one of them had a current employment letter and had several jobs in other provinces. the agent asked him to provide a proof that he was residing in Canada by providing all his previous employment letters and leases. He said he didn't have them on hand so the agent gave him one week to bring those documents.

I am not sure if he had his stamps translated or not. This might have triggered those questions. At the end of the day, we saw that guy at the oath so he got it.

Also, the agent mentioned to him that if he is not able to bring his previous employment letters, he could simply get his taxes instead (Notice of assessment). This is what my roommate told me about this guy.

Good luck Cha2 and keep me posted

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
There were 4 people writing the test that day. Usually they are only 4. one of them had a current employment letter and had several jobs in other provinces. the agent asked him to provide a proof that he was residing in Canada by providing all his previous employment letters and leases. He said he didn't have them on hand so the agent gave him one week to bring those documents.

I am not sure if he had his stamps translated or not. This might have triggered those questions. At the end of the day, we saw that guy at the oath so he got it.

Also, the agent mentioned to him that if he is not able to bring his previous employment letters, he could simply get his taxes instead (Notice of assessment). This is what my roommate told me about this guy.

Good luck Cha2 and keep me posted
Thank you very much Mrbravo, this is very helpful. I will sure keep you posted.

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so just got off the phone with cic and was told my application has completed background checks and is awaiting transfer to local office which is scarborough.. any idea how long after background checks scarb office gets the file?

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Hey Cha2,

how did you make out today buddy?
Hey mrbravo sorry I went out with my family after the test just came in now. It went very well. ;D :D
I got all the answers to the 20 questions correct. We were just 4 of us just like you mentioned yesterday. Let me give you the details of how it went down. I was the first to come so I just sat down in the reception (it was really quiet inside there). Later the other three came. There were just two staff on duty today. One of the ladies came out and handed us each a brown envelope with our names on it instructing us to put all the original documents as mentioned in the "notice".

After we did this, she took the envelope from us and later ushered us into the test room. She was very friendly. The test question paper was inside a green folder with a separate answer sheet on top of it. You just circle the correct answers on the answer sheet. The test was very easy. I was kind of disappointed because I prepared so hard for just very easy questions. I was done in one minute (no kidding!!).

After I handed in my the test I waited in the waiting room for a short while before another nice friendly lady asked me to follow her. She introduced herself as Michelle (interview judge). She asked me what I did for a living and we started chatting like old friends. She checked my PR card, my confirmation of PR paper, and my passports. She went through the stamps there but did not (make a fuss of anything) she did not ask for any CBSA report or NOA or any other document.
She later told me she was satisfied and that they will let us know when the oath will take place. Not later than August she said. I pretended to be alarmed telling her August was too far. She laughed and said that it could be sooner but they always tell applicants that so the wont be calling CIC every time.

About the questions in the test I think all four of us had different questions.

See your inbox I have sent you a private message. Overall it was a very positive experience in a very relaxed environment. I hope all this helps and all the best in your test tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any other questions...