+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I received the test invite too. I got a call yesterday from MP's office that CIC has notified them about my test invitation. So as I had mentioned earlier, CIC did respond within 10 business days (in 5-6 days) as the MP's office has mentioned. Those who are still waiting suggest you folks to reach out to your local MP if you haven't done so. It may or maynot help, but it doesn't hurt either. So goodluck to everyone waiting.

Test invite - yesterday 06 Nov
Test date - 27th Nov - scarborough 8.20 AM.

My ECAS is also updated, but no email from CIC. In ECAS, they have mentioned they have sent by mail, so seems like regular mail. will wait till next week.
Congrats!

Reactions: vaibhavxv

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
With all the respect, if your application has gone well and you do not understand others' frustration and cannot say anything helpful then just do not say anything. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion and they should. It is very inconsiderate to ignore the pain of others and post insensitive comments just because your application is gone well and not much to worry about. There are people whose lives depend on this process and time is important to them!
I totally get the frustration, that's totally fine, but to make stuff up, that is not proven, is childish. They don't know what's going on with their application, so they shouldn't assume, and make things up. Yes, it sucks it takes a long time, but they've already been waiting years, the last few months isn't going to make much difference. And that does include me factoring in travel plans, etc. Yes, I've had travel plans, and issues etc. We all have.

Last edited:

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hey guys,

I am in the Scarborough office, how long after the test did you have your oath scheduled? I had my exam yesterday
Hi verysoonacanadian, once your ECAS status changes to Decision Made, it's usually 2-4 weeks. For some people it takes longer, some people it's shorter.

Reactions: verysoonacanadian

crozy

Oct 6, 2017
Finally...
Just checked the online system. Looks like they sent me correspondence on November 6th to appear to write the test on November 27th in Scarbrough.

Finally the wait is over. Hoping I don't have to wait much more for DM/Oath.

Reactions: Littup and kushari

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Hey guys,

I am in the Scarborough office, how long after the test did you have your oath scheduled? I had my exam yesterday
Hi verysoonacanadian, once your ECAS status changes to Decision Made, it's usually 2-4 weeks. For some people it takes longer, some people it's shorter.
Thanks, and what does the DM happens after the test, in a week or so?

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
No worries - I’m always up for a constructive discussion. The biggest motivation for the Canadian Citizenship was the passport that allows easy travel and also the perception on how local employers in the Middle East give preferential treatment depending on the passport you hold. I also didn’t like the way regulating bodies/employers demonstrate superiority complex here in Canada (at least in Alberta) e.g. it’s a pain in the arse obtaining a practicing engineering license from APEGA. They seek Canadian experience (which is fair), but at the same time they make you write additional exams if you didn’t graduate from a Canadian university. Don’t get wrong, I do have a few good memories from Canada e.g. having my baby boy here, seeing things like the northern lights, wildlife etc that I wouldn’t have seen had I not come here. It’s is definitely a great place to retire, but at the same time a challenging place to build a prosperous career in my opinion.
It all depends on your track. I was a P.E. in US. I applied for P.Eng. in Alberta. And, it was a straight forward process from me. I have a bachelor degree from India and master from US. I do not think that there is anything like superiority complex. But, it is more like following the procedure. However, they do charge an arm and a leg to renew your P.Eng. licence. I transferred my P.Eng. from Alberta to BC. APEGBC charges $ 400 per year to renew the licence while US State of Colorado charges $ 25 for 3 year term.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hey guys,

Thanks, and what does the DM happens after the test, in a week or so?
Depends. For me it was about a month, but that was because I needed to translate some stamps for them. I think if the interview goes well, and they are not looking for anything additional, 1 or 2 days.

Reactions: verysoonacanadian

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Finally all over!! Took oath yesterday and today my status says complete. I want to thank you guys for your love and support throughout the whole process. Also wish others who were still waiting to gets yours asap. I know it’s really tough to wait but nothing we can do!!

Once again thank you so much guys!!

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
anybody here from Montreal still waiting for test. It's weird to be only one waiting lol. But it is not funny to have a longer process than everybody else when they don't ask you for any additional documents and any other requests and when you call they say everything is fine.

daliadahleh

Jan 30, 2018
Weeeee oath invitation! I'll be Canadian in 3 weeks!!!

Please update:
Oct 27 - Test
Oct28 - Decision made
Nov 9 - Invitation for oath
Nov 29 - Oath ceremony

Mississauga office (live in Toronto)

mshafiee

Dec 31, 2017
anybody here from Montreal still waiting for test. It's weird to be only one waiting lol. But it is not funny to have a longer process than everybody else when they don't ask you for any additional documents and any other requests and when you call they say everything is fine.
Mississauga office-exactly same situation