+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

joan01

Aug 22, 2018
  1. Application received October 23, 2017.
  2. AOR December 22, 2017.
  3. In Process January 14, 2018.
Still no news??
am i the only one??
help please
do i need to submit Police clearance?

joan01

Aug 22, 2018
Guys, I am also an October applicant and in the process since Nov 23rd, I ordered my GCMS reports twice and the only difference I see between the two is the change in secondary office. In the first GCMS report, my Primary office was Mississauga IRCC and the secondary office was St. Claire IRCC and now in the second report the secondary office has changed to IRCC GTA-CEN, which I have no clue where this office is? My test is pending Criminality Clearance which is going on since December last year and God Knows how long its gonna go for. Can anyone help me with this office name and where is it located?
hey im on the same boat as u. any luck yet?

joan01

Aug 22, 2018
What does
CLEARANCE REQUEST(S)
RCMP Y

what does it mean?

and only on
CRIMINALITY
Status in progress
Validity date:
Status updates by :
status updated dat
assigned by
assigned to
Due date: 2018/03/06
activity #:

does it mean that they request for my RCMP ?? im so confused

please help

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Still no news??
am i the only one??
help please
Some people on this forum have also been waiting for 9 10 months and no news. That's unfortunate really :/
Regarding the police clearance, it's only needed for people that spend 183 days or more in a country prior to their citizenship application, unless it was your case and you didn't submit one, in which case you will probably get asked for it during the interview, no you don't need it.

Good luck, hope you hear from IRCC soon!

joan01

Aug 22, 2018
Some people on this forum have also been waiting for 9 10 months and no news. That's unfortunate really :/
Regarding the police clearance, it's only needed for people that spend 183 days or more in a country prior to their citizenship application, unless it was your case and you didn't submit one, in which case you will probably get asked for it during the interview, no you don't need it.

Good luck, hope you hear from IRCC soon!
thank u

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
I received my oath invitation more than a week ago.However, I don't see a status update in my online status. does that really matter

Reactions: salimnw

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I received my oath invitation more than a week ago.However, I don't see a status update in my online status. does that really matter
Yeah no need to worry about it. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

as per my knowledge they never update status on ecas abt oath date so u r good dnt worry ...
They do update it on Ecas.

"We sent you a notice on xxx date to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on xxx date at time. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

Reactions: yaz2017

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
as per my knowledge they never update status on ecas abt oath date so u r good dnt worry ...
Yeah no need to worry about it. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

They do update it on Ecas.

"We sent you a notice on xxx date to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on xxx date at time. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."
Thank you so much

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I think we should start our own spreadsheet, and call it 'more than 10 months since submission but still no test invite', the original October spreadsheet is just too depressing to look at now....lol
mine still doing two of the three background checks when I call CIC. is it similar for you?

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
Still no news??
am i the only one??
help please
You are not the only one. Mine has been in process since Jan. 20th too. They did ask me for FP in July though :). Hang in there, I think ours will surpass the 12month processing time as I called the IRCC about it and they said the 12month is just a guideline... :(