Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Congrats! I was in the same test as you - did you have any other requirements? The agent who interviewed me said they had to verify my travel history with the CBSA because EU countries don’t stamp my EU passport. Did you have anything like that?
No my dear, I hold an Asian passport, and have all the stamps! Are you the guy who borrowed the Blue pen from me? :)

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Finally got oath invite for september 06 in mississauga.

I am a mississauga applicant (reside in milton). Test was on 27 July.

Reactions: salimnw

krishgoswami

Mar 13, 2018
Hello all knowledgeable people of this forum,

I have a quick question:

My wife's eligibility period came as: July 10, 2013 to July 10, 2018. She moved to Canada in April 2015 as a Permanent Resident. Technically she is eligible as per the calculator.

One of the question they have in the application is:

Question 9C:
During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada?

She was in India from July 10, 2013 to April 6, 2015 just because she moved to Canada in April 2015.

Should I say yes or no here?
If I say yes, they are asking to fill form Residence Outside of Canada (CIT 0177).. which doesn't apply to us because she didn't stay outside of Canada as a crown servant or as a family member of crown servant.

Does anyone has a same situation here?

Looking for your advise.

Thank you in advance.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013

I have a quick question:

My wife's eligibility period came as: July 10, 2013 to July 10, 2018. She moved to Canada in April 2015 as a Permanent Resident. Technically she is eligible as per the calculator.

Question 9C:

She was in India from July 10, 2013 to April 6, 2015 just because she moved to Canada in April 2015.

If I say yes, they are asking to fill form Residence Outside of Canada (CIT 0177).. which doesn't apply to us because she didn't stay outside of Canada as a crown servant or as a family member of crown servant.

Looking for your advise.

Thank you in advance.

if you spend 5 mins looking around this forum, you'll get details on how to answer. I see this question asked almost every other day. this situation didnt apply to me, so I dont want to answer something that might not be correct.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........

I have a quick question:

Question 9C:

Looking for your advise.

Thank you in advance.
This is a direct quote:

Question 9c is confusing me. I lived outside of Canada but I wasn't a Crown Servant. Why should I fill that weird form?
Full disclosure: IRCC made a mistake with the form here and it will hopefully correct soon. Here is my personal recommendation (note: I am not a lawyer) on how to deal with it.
  • If you did not live outside of Canada in the eligibility period (five years), tick “No” and you are good.
  • If you lived outside of Canada in the eligibility period and you actually were a crown servant of Canada (unlikely), tick “Yes” and fill that extra form.
  • Those of you who lived outside of Canada in the eligibility period but were not crown servants, tick “Yes” or “No” but - and this is the important part - add an explanation page to your application saying something like this (use your own words, don't just copy this): “Question 9c: This question is a bit unclear so I want to clarify the situation: Yes, I lived outside Canada during the eligibility period, but No, I do not want to claim residency credit for that time outside of Canada. That rare situation does not apply to me. This is why I did not fill the additional form since there is no residency outside of Canada to claim."
Source: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/
Credit: @spyfy

ern365

Mar 22, 2018
I have read here (cant find the post now) that people have told someone at the oath ceremony to update their status so they are able to apply for the passport the next day... is this a real thing? if so, who is that person? and when to do this, after or before the ceremony? I have a trip soon after the oath ceremony and would like to rush the passport process in any form I can

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I have read here (cant find the post now) that people have told someone at the oath ceremony to update their status so they are able to apply for the passport the next day... is this a real thing? if so, who is that person? and when to do this, after or before the ceremony? I have a trip soon after the oath ceremony and would like to rush the passport process in any form I can
I think what you mean is that some have suggested that once your ECAS status has changed to Complete, you should be okay to apply. It can happen same day or the day after, so you could theoretically go to a passport office and give it a shot.

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
That was me. I had a one time pass as they call it test and oath same day. I asked the clerk at the citizenship ceremony before the ceremony and reminded her again before I left lol and she told me she would do it right away when the ceremony finishes. Note that she told me they normally dont do this and would not have if I lived in the city, only because I live 8 hours away from the city and I have to travel next week. So logically I will not be able to stay at Wnpg from Aug 8 to Aug 14 and pay the hotel for a whole week thats close to 1000$ lol as otherwise we would have to wait for 2 business days after oath to apply and that included the weekend since my oath was on a thursday. This is the reason why she accepted my plea. Then I applied the next day early morning and drove 8 hours back home and I will pick my passport next week a day before my flight. Even at the passport office, they told me it would not be on the system yet because it takes 2 days but she checked it upon my request and boum it was there.
You can try asking when you go :)

Reactions: salimnw and qorax

ern365

Mar 22, 2018
That was me. I had a one time pass as they call it test and oath same day. I asked the clerk at the citizenship ceremony before the ceremony and reminded her again before I left lol and she told me she would do it right away when the ceremony finishes. Note that she told me they normally dont do this and would not have if I lived in the city, only because I live 8 hours away from the city and I have to travel next week. So logically I will not be able to stay at Wnpg from Aug 8 to Aug 14 and pay the hotel for a whole week thats close to 1000$ lol as otherwise we would have to wait for 2 business days after oath to apply and that included the weekend since my oath was on a thursday. This is the reason why she accepted my plea. Then I applied the next day early morning and drove 8 hours back home and I will pick my passport next week a day before my flight. Even at the passport office, they told me it would not be on the system yet because it takes 2 days but she checked it upon my request and boum it was there.
You can try asking when you go :)
thanks for the reply... I will ask the clerk then... maybe even bring my ticket, so the clerk empathize with me

Reactions: qorax and N_Shine

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I have read here (cant find the post now) that people have told someone at the oath ceremony to update their status so they are able to apply for the passport the next day... is this a real thing?
I wouldn't expect it to be a standard workflow for processing but you could always ask.
If lucky, the person requesting to might have the ability to do so.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014

I have a quick question:

Question 9C:

Looking for your advise.

Thank you in advance.
I had written yes and provided a blank copy of Residence Outside of Canada (CIT 0177). I think i signed the blank form too.