+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Hello Guys,

I am in process since 8 months and 10 months since they received my application and no test invitation yet. Any suggestions? Mississauga office
Seems like 50% of the October 2017 are in the same boat, my friend. Nothing to worry about.

When you're one month away from hitting one year mark, send them a web inquiry form.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Seems like 50% of the October 2017 are in the same boat, my friend. Nothing to worry about.

When you're one month away from hitting one year mark, send them a web inquiry form.
You are right. If he tries to call should receive the same traditional answer...
"the time to process is 12 months so call us when this time expire..."

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
You are right. If he tries to call should receive the same traditional answer...
"the time to process is 12 months so call us when this time expire..."
just called CIC and background check still going on...why the heck take so longggggggg. background check for getting a job offer only takes a couple of days

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
just called CIC and background check still going on...why the heck take so longggggggg. background check for getting a job offer only takes a couple of days
Background checks run for a job are vastly different from the ones that are run for immigration. The latter are very involved, include multiple external organizations like CSIS, RCMP, and are run at both the domestic and international levels.

If you'd like, there's a ton of information on what a BG check entails in the following thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
OK ... so ... you know how my application was suspended and put on hold.
I then got the infamous CIT0520 in the mail and sent the docs the day after.
My status on eCas has changed to "Decision Made" ... does that mean I'm out of the weeds? could this "Decision" be a thumbs down and a rejection?

How long to Oath, if the decision is affirmative.

Any help is appreciated.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My status on eCas has changed to "Decision Made" ... does that mean I'm out of the weeds? could this "Decision" be a thumbs down and a rejection?

Any help is appreciated.
I think the decision is likely positive. If I'm not mistaken, the application ends up with a Citizenship judge (involves a hearing with the applicant) before resulting in a negative decision.

Reactions: jeff.torbain

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017

Any help is appreciated.
I called CIC today to ask about that point, and of course didnt get a very good answer. I am not 100% sure if decision made means that its just a matter of oath invitation or not. I did my test on May 28th in Scarborough and I am still waiting ...

Reactions: jeff.torbain

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting for my oath letter and already had my test and interview a few months ago.
My question is that my PR card is expiring in two and a half months. Should I extend my PR card? If yes then how long that takes and would that affect my current application of Citizenship?

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting for my oath letter and already had my test and interview a few months ago.
My question is that my PR card is expiring in two and a half months. Should I extend my PR card? If yes then how long that takes and would that affect my current application of Citizenship?

Any reply would be highly appreciated.
You can take oath with an expired PR card. As long as you don't plan on travelling outside Canada, there is no need to renew your PR card.