+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Yes I did change my address as soon as I moved and I was under the impression they will transfer my file.

I just called CIC and they said my file is transferred to Scarborough due to overload in Mississauga. I am not sure if it will accelerate the processing.

Should I still ask them to move my file to Kitchener (agent told me transfer may take upto 6 weeks and you will be in fresh queue in Kitchener). Any suggestions/advice ?
"due to overload in Mississauga".. confirms my worst fears.

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
Journey is over and I received the Citizenship certification yesterday at the Scarborough office.

Thank you for keeping the light on in this forum and good luck with your adventure.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Yes I did change my address as soon as I moved and I was under the impression they will transfer my file.

I just called CIC and they said my file is transferred to Scarborough due to overload in Mississauga. I am not sure if it will accelerate the processing.

Should I still ask them to move my file to Kitchener (agent told me transfer may take upto 6 weeks and you will be in fresh queue in Kitchener). Any suggestions/advice ?
I do believe it’s your choice. Having your file transfer to Scarborough don’t mean much now days you could still do the Oath in Mississauga that mean they have to transfer your file back to Mississauga after test which take time if I were you I will asked them to transfer it to Kitchener that’s only my opinion.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
"due to overload in Mississauga".. confirms my worst fears.
While our application is set at Scarborough for test, I would not be surprised if the oath session will be done at Mississauga due to distance. It is where my spouse landed as PR (inland).

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

My status is IP since Dec 2017 and still waiting for Test Invite.
Now it's been more than 6 months since I sent my FP, but nothing has changed.
Almost 10 months has passed, but I'm not sure the whole process can be done within 12 months.
Is there anyone in a same boat with me?
Applied from Kitchener, but FP was sent to Toronto office.
I think it all depends on the agent that handles your case, some are nice and fast and some other slow and not very smart. Honestly, there shouldn't be this much gap between applicants' timelines. I'm in the same situation, they took 5 months to give me IP and now another 5 month waiting for a test invite so far, god knows when it will come, but feels like every time they update your ECAS you have to wait 12 months for the next update, so frustrating. I understand they have a lot of applicants, but they definitely don't have a proper and systematic procedure. They should post the maximum time that each stage can take so everyone is aware of the delays and people won't have to panic every day. The way they are handling is very unfair and inefficient unfortunately, but what can I say my friend, it happens to some of us. My friends applied months after me and they have their Canadian passport now and I'm still sitting and waiting for my IP to change to test invite.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I and wife appeared for citizenship test last week. I was able to get through but wife was not.

1) How long does it take to get 2nd test invite?

2) Will we have different oath dates now? We applied as a family in the same application.

Thanks guys.
1) No idea...a wild guess would be to expect it within 1-3 months
2) No, as its one family application, it will continue at same pace, your wife clears the test first and then both of you get an Oath invite - unless you want to contact IRCC and explore if there's an option to do Oath on your own in this case.

Last edited:

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
my situation is very weird... i did my test for Citizenship on June 14 and passed it. Decision made was done on June 15 but when i click on the status in my ecas it still shows the line when my fp were requested... no update of test and no oath invite...called cic, they say all is well with file but you have not been scheduled for oath yet...not sure why the status wont show correct information in ecas..anyone in similar situation

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
my situation is very weird... i did my test for Citizenship on June 14 and passed it. Decision made was done on June 15 but when i click on the status in my ecas it still shows the line when my fp were requested... no update of test and no oath invite...called cic, they say all is well with file but you have not been scheduled for oath yet...not sure why the status wont show correct information in ecas..anyone in similar situation
Nothing to worry. You already did your test and you have DM, that matters. Its just they did not update ECAS thats it. It will directly change to Complete after Oath. Chill.

AJL

Mar 13, 2018
I think it all depends on the agent that handles your case, some are nice and fast and some other slow and not very smart. Honestly, there shouldn't be this much gap between applicants' timelines. I'm in the same situation, they took 5 months to give me IP and now another 5 month waiting for a test invite so far, god knows when it will come, but feels like every time they update your ECAS you have to wait 12 months for the next update, so frustrating. I understand they have a lot of applicants, but they definitely don't have a proper and systematic procedure. They should post the maximum time that each stage can take so everyone is aware of the delays and people won't have to panic every day. The way they are handling is very unfair and inefficient unfortunately, but what can I say my friend, it happens to some of us. My friends applied months after me and they have their Canadian passport now and I'm still sitting and waiting for my IP to change to test invite.
I agree with you. I can see in this forum that lots of applicants who applied after me already got Test Invite and even Oath ceremony. All I can say is my processing time is extremely slow, but hopefully I will get it soon. Just wondering if 12 months processing time means from the date of application delivered to Oath, or from IP date to Oath.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
true. and 12 month is average so some ppl like me are bound to exceed 12
Except 12 months is not the average; it's the time it takes to process 80% of the applications, so those who go over 12 months are just 20%. Not a small % (or number), but definitely less than half.

ROBBIOS

May 24, 2017
I got my oath invitation by mail today. I was at DM status since January 25. The oath ceremony is set for August 21. No change to ECAS.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my oath invitation by mail today. I was at DM status since January 25. The oath ceremony is set for August 21. No change to ECAS.
Updated. Congrats!!

Did you get Oath invite from Mississauga office, because it usually sends invited by mail.