+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

xyz_123

Jun 26, 2018
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your support on this forum.

I became a Canadian Citizen yesterday - Mississauga office - with 98 others. The ceremony was soo amazing and good. The judge was just perfect - I love her. Its been a crazy journey but thankful that its all over. Total time was 9 months. Applied on October 12th. All the best guys! Keep hopeful! Your time is coming soon :)

Thanks ALL! I am now Canadian!
Hi, Did you get your photo along with your certificate of citizenship on Wednesday. I do not have it and while applying for Canadian passport today, they asked me if i got it or not. I was still able to apply for passport but it piqued my curiosity.

AJL

Mar 13, 2018
Hello Guys,

My status is IP since Dec 2017 and still waiting for Test Invite.
Now it's been more than 6 months since I sent my FP, but nothing has changed.
Almost 10 months has passed, but I'm not sure the whole process can be done within 12 months.
Is there anyone in a same boat with me?
Applied from Kitchener, but FP was sent to Toronto office.

Narinder s

Dec 13, 2017
Category........
Hello Guys,

Almost 10 months has passed, but I'm not sure the whole process can be done within 12 months.
I am in a same boat. My timeline is same as yours. I applied from brampton.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I and wife appeared for citizenship test last week. I was able to get through but wife was not.

1) How long does it take to get 2nd test invite?

2) Will we have different oath dates now? We applied as a family in the same application.

Thanks guys.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi,

After receiving CIT 0520, We have sent the document requested to London Ontario CIC office. Anyone knows if the application will be sent to another city CIC office or London office will continue handling our case. We are living in London.

Thank you

fwhitaker

Apr 6, 2017
Hello, checked my ecas today and it has decision made.

might have appeared from last Thursday to today, since I haven't checked ecas since then.

now all we need to do is wait for the oath letter. hoping for a fast letter and not one that will take months to arrive.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, checked my ecas today and it has decision made.

might have appeared from last Thursday to today, since I haven't checked ecas since then.

now all we need to do is wait for the oath letter. hoping for a fast letter and not one that will take months to arrive.
Updated.

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Honestly IRCC Mississauga office needs to get a handle on the applications and start processing faster.. from the looks of it, a lot of us wouldn't even have received a test invite by the 12th month mark.

Last edited:

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Honestly IRCC Mississauga office needs to get a handle on the application and start processing faster.. from the looks of it, a lot of us wouldn't even have received a test invite by the 12th month mark.
true. and 12 month is average so some ppl like me are bound to exceed 12

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am in the same boat. I am from Edmonton. IP since Dec 05th. Submitted QA docs on Feb 1st. No updates since then.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi,

After receiving CIT 0520, We have sent the document requested to London Ontario CIC office. Anyone knows if the application will be sent to another city CIC office or London office will continue handling our case. We are living in London.

Thank you
Submit QA docs to your local IRCC office. Address will be there one of the forms.

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Finally had my ceremony last week, on the 24th of July in Vancouver.
Already applied for passport and awaiting it this week.
thanks to everyone here on the forum who were helpful during this long journey. And to those who wait, I wish that the process finish smoothly and the sooner the better!

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
I took the oath today and became a proud Canadian. Thank you for all your help. For some of you who did not get your oath yet, I hope that you will get your oath soon. Au revoir!

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
when did you receive the FP request? I wrote the test on May 29th and have not heard since. They said that my application is sent to st. Clair but they have not requested anything so far.
I received the FP request in January, and sent it in a week, I did the citizenship test in February, I received the oath invitation letter in July. It took four months to get the oath invitation from the test date.