+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
literally on the same boat. Applied Oct 27th, IP in Jan 14th. Haven't heard ANYTHING since then!

I know two different individuals who live less than 5 blocks away from me, they both applied in late December, one of them had his Oath yesterday, other one is still waiting for the oath.

How is it fair that a person who applied 2 months after me who is from the exact same area is a citizen while I still haven't even received a test invite!
Not trying to defend IRCC, but it does depend on a lot of other factors than just location. For instance, background check completion times could vastly vary between individuals, even if they're from the same country.

crozy

Oct 6, 2017
Not trying to defend IRCC, but it does depend on a lot of other factors than just location. For instance, background check completion times could vastly vary between individuals, even if they're from the same country.
So given that it's been 8,5 months since I applied, can I be confident that my test, interview, and oath ceremony will all be held within the next 3,5 months and I'll be a citizen by November 2018?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
So given that it's been 8,5 months since I applied, can I be confident that my test, interview, and oath ceremony will all be held within the next 3,5 months and I'll be a citizen by November 2018?
No, you can't. There's a high chance that will happen and 3.5 months is plenty of time, but the 12 months period is not a hard deadline binding IRCC.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
No, you can't. There's a high chance that will happen and 3.5 months is plenty of time, but the 12 months period is not a hard deadline binding IRCC.
Agree, the 12 months timeline is sort of a noble goal that they work towards ..but there's no guarantee that it cannot be missed in some cases.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for the respond. Will IRCC get back to me, I tried to use the webform and it says they wouldn't respond when it's within the processing time ( which is 12 months).
I think some members advised that they did get responses, worth a try

Xubi921

Sep 8, 2016
I received my AOR on January 9 and they said the processing date started on January 12, however, I have never heard every after since for the invitation of the test...does anyone on the same boat as me? How long do I expect to wait?
Well, I received my AOR on December 2 and they started processing my file on December 14 and nothing since. my application is being processed at Scarborough office. So far my experience made me feel disgusted by the Canadian citizenship process for being dragged for too long without a justifiable reason. For those guys saying its the background check and blah blah is the reason for it taking too long, ATIP showed that my background check was finished ages ago yet my file was not been touch by any lazy a**ed officers for the past 8 and 1/2 months.

Let us face it, this country bureaucracy is unmatched by any other civilized nations on the planet!

Anyway, good luck to all! :)

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
i got my GCMS notes and it says Application Status ON HOLD, and there is no reason stated for the HOLD

App Status: On Hold
App Status Reason: BLANK

anyone see this on their GCMS notes if you have applied for it?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Well, I received my AOR on December 2 and they started processing my file on December 14 and nothing since. my application is being processed at Scarborough office. So far my experience made me feel disgusted by the Canadian citizenship process for being dragged for too long without a justifiable reason. For those guys saying its the background check and blah blah is the reason for it taking too long, ATIP showed that my background check was finished ages ago yet my file was not been touch by any lazy a**ed officers for the past 8 and 1/2 months.

Let us face it, this country bureaucracy is unmatched by any other civilized nations on the planet!

Anyway, good luck to all! :)
While I respect your right to vent, I've got to ask... you don't think that it's reason enough that the law changed and it caused something close to a years worth of applications to be filed in a single month?

kidult7

Jul 5, 2018
I think some members advised that they did get responses, worth a try
I tried to call a few times, they didn't even put me in queue for an agent because too many calls are awaiting..tried the webform it says :
If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration LOL finger crossed.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
i got my GCMS notes and it says Application Status ON HOLD, and there is no reason stated for the HOLD

App Status: On Hold
App Status Reason: BLANK

anyone see this on their GCMS notes if you have applied for it?
This might be serious. Are there any notes at the end? And when did you apply? Have you had any immigration concerns in the past? How did you get your permanent residency?

Tdotmem

Feb 7, 2018
I did my test on February 1 at Scarborough town and still no oath date. Anyone In the same situation as me?
I had my Test on Feb 06, and had Decision Made the same day.
Still waiting for Oath. so its been exactly 5 months since we had no further update. I applied for GCMS notes, i don't know how far does it help but patiently waiting for now

Artem26

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
4-06-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Just received invitation to take an oath via email. Oath date is July 31 in Vancouver