+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Just a quick question...

I got married after my PR. I changed everything such as Drivers Licence, SIN, Health Card etc. I did not wanna go through the hassle of changing my name on my PR Card or passport. In Section 5 of the application, it asked if I have changed name since PR. I selected Yes name change and provided that that's the name I want my citizenship application to be in. Has anyone done this before. I want the name I acquired after marriage to be on the citizenship certificate.

Since I inserted that I have a new name and submitted all the supporting documents, do you think my name will be updated?

Thanks guys

cec20131209

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 29, 2014
Med's Request
Jun 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Jun 20, 2014, RPRF Request on Jul 15, 2014, Paid same day
Passport Req..
Jul 24, 2014, Sent Jul 25, 2014, passport recvd on July 28, passport sent from ottawa Sept 2 2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 02 2014
LANDED..........
September 04 2014, PR Card Processing Started on October 03, 2014. Received PR Card on October 10, 2014
Just received my oath ceremony letter for 25 July at Scarborough civic center. DM on Jan 29. Wait is finally over.

HRHJohn

Mar 14, 2013
Just received an email invitation to a citizenship ceremony on July 18 at 10:45am. ECAS has not yet been updated.
Can someone please update the spreadsheet?

Fwheelbooler

Nov 13, 2017
Got my GCMS notes today, I’m being handled out of the Scarborough office.

I passed the security assessment on March 1 (presumably that was my fingerprints), the other requirements are “knowledge” (test I think?), “residence” which is probably just checking the dates I submitted, “language” which is presumably reviewing the evidence I provided for that, “prohibition” which I guess is another check for ineligibility, then “oath” which is the last step!

I’m assuming the security check is what takes the most time so whenever CIC get around to looking at my file it’ll be a quick process.

Then again, I passed the security check 4 months ago and no updates so who knows?!

Rockgod

Sep 22, 2014
Today, I got the invitation to appear for the citizenship test on 18th Jul. Please update my status. It's been a long wait. :)

One question. I've applied for my 4-year-old kid along with me. The letter was pretty clear to not bring kids to the test. When I go to the test center should I take the original documents (PR card, Passport etc) of my child as well? The reason I ask is that my kid just left for vacation to India and won't be back till last week of Aug. So, I don't have their original Passport and PR card with me.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
You can pull your travel history online on CBP website for upto 5 years.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/spotlights/arrivaldeparture-history-now-available-i-94-webpage
Thank you for the response.
I am not present in US on I-94 so am unable to use this resource, unfortunately.
The only option for us are Freedom of Information Act requests at
https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home

Unfortunately, there are thousands of other such requests pending so there is a substantial backlog.

Last edited:

Dejavu18

Oct 30, 2017
Received my oath ceremony email earlier today for 25 July at Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada for 10.30 am. Please update.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Today, I got the invitation to appear for the citizenship test on 18th Jul. Please update my status. It's been a long wait. :)

One question. I've applied for my 4-year-old kid along with me. The letter was pretty clear to not bring kids to the test. When I go to the test center should I take the original documents (PR card, Passport etc) of my child as well? The reason I ask is that my kid just left for vacation to India and won't be back till last week of Aug. So, I don't have their original Passport and PR card with me.
Congrats, updated the sheet

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

Take any documentation for the child with you that you have. They probably won't even ask for the childs documents, but you should go prepared. Don't worry about the fact that you don't have the passport and PR card as it's a legitimate reason. If you are at all concerned, you can cover it by bringing the child's itinerary showing that they are out of the country.

Krish@111

Mar 26, 2018
Hello Folks,

We finally got the ECAS updated with the Line speaking about OATH Ceremony... 1 day later than the status was updated ... The ceremony is scehduled for Jul 26 @9 AM... Waiting for the letter... Thank you all for the help..

Summary:
Application Submitted : Oct 12. 2017
Application Received : Oct 14. 2017
Test : May 30, 2018
Oath : Jul 26, 2018

Total Duration: 9 Months and 15 Days.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hello Folks,

We finally got the ECAS updated with the Line speaking about OATH Ceremony... 1 day later than the status was updated ... The ceremony is scehduled for Jul 26 @9 AM... Waiting for the letter... Thank you all for the help..

Summary:
Application Submitted : Oct 12. 2017
Application Received : Oct 14. 2017
Test : May 30, 2018
Oath : Jul 26, 2018

Total Duration: 9 Months and 15 Days.
Congrats, updated the sheet